Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2017, 01:39 PM   #1
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Polar Bears is right!!!

Polar Bears is right to want to get out of this f'n state. It makes no sense to me...I get out of work last night at 11 pm. In no time I'm stuck in traffic on the Parkway. After 11 pm on a Tuesday night. Where the hell are people going to or coming from at that hour? Then I want to get a milkshake at Sonic in Edison. Pull in around 11:45 pm. Drive through line is around the building and parking spots are filled with ricers. Everybody hanging out like it's a Saturday afternoon, but it's almost midnight on a Tuesday. I'd like to know where people get all this disposable time from. Guess no one works anymore or has to punch a clock. Rush hour in this state is 24/7 and driving isn't an enjoyable thing anymore Dooshbags in Rav4s and their twins think they own the fast lane. Turn signals are extinct and police enforcement is non existent. I have another year to go until I'm vested on my job then I might look to pack it in. If I have to work another 10 years I'd rather do it where they roll up the sidewalks at 10 pm.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

You're where I am 3 years ago, lol.
High taxes, too many people, no consideration for others. Along with too many people there are too many buildings going up, farm land/forest is disappearing, everything is being paved.

Laws upon laws, then more laws for good measure. How about the Constitution and the B.O.R.? Nope, in NJ they don't gave a F about that so owning a firearm is actually ILLEGAL, except in these specific circumstances and places. God FORBID you actually have to use ANY weapon to defend yourself, since you don't actually live in Free America. If you have to use a weapon to defend yourself, you are guilty until you prove your innocence. Oh you live in another state and they allow you to actually exercise your natural rights and you got pulled over in NJ, sorry you go to jail since it's too dangerous to carry a loaded firearm in this state because criminals actually follow the laws and they never let people with multiple firearms offenses out on bail/ his/her own recognizance.
You need the police to show up at your house and do something? You have to wait at least an hour, when seconds count police are only HOURS away.

You want to change the faucets in your house? You have to ask permission to do that. Oh, you don't really own your property since you have to pay rent on it, a crushing amount of rent, so once you pay that mortgage your rent is high enough that you better have plenty of income besides SS, especially since you may not get it. But if you didn't work most of your life you get disability and/or Social security though, so it's better to have been a lazy F your whole life.

You need to go to the store just a few miles away? Forget a quick run and turn around, it's a half hour minimum since no one actually goes the speed limits. Oh I finally got up to 40, the speed limit on 33, nope some a-hole couldn't wait another 5 seconds for you to to drive past and they pull out almost directly in front of you, then don't accelerate at a decent rate, so now I have to slow waaaaay down, but they didn't see the 4 speed limit signs you just passed and are only going 32 mph in a 40
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #3
PolarBear

The place where they charge HUNDREDS of dollars to let you drive a vehicle on the public roads, because that money is supposed to pay for road service. Nope you have to pay fuel tax at the pump. But didn't they have a find somehow to collect for roads? No they spent that on other stuff so now you have to pay more tax on the fuel you already pay tax on.

F&*k, I looked in Idaho, it's like $14 for a title. Here $60 FOR A SIMPLE PIECE OF PAPER. Why the F does it cost $60 to title a vehicle in NJ?

Last edited by PolarBear; 08-16-2017 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:35 PM   #4
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
You're where I am 3 years ago, lol.
High taxes, too many people, no consideration for others. Along with too many people there are too many buildings going up, farm land/forest is disappearing, everything is being paved.

Laws upon laws, then more laws for good measure. How about the Constitution and the B.O.R.? Nope, in NJ they don't gave a F about that so owning a firearm is actually ILLEGAL, except in these specific circumstances and places. God FORBID you actually have to use ANY weapon to defend yourself, since you don't actually live in Free America. If you have to use a weapon to defend yourself, you are guilty until you prove your innocence. Oh you live in another state and they allow you to actually exercise your natural rights and you got pulled over in NJ, sorry you go to jail since it's too dangerous to carry a loaded firearm in this state because criminals actually follow the laws and they never let people with multiple firearms offenses out on bail/ his/her own recognizance.
You need the police to show up at your house and do something? You have to wait at least an hour, when seconds count police are only HOURS away.

You want to change the faucets in your house? You have to ask permission to do that. Oh, you don't really own your property since you have to pay rent on it, a crushing amount of rent, so once you pay that mortgage your rent is high enough that you better have plenty of income besides SS, especially since you may not get it. But if you didn't work most of your life you get disability and/or Social security though, so it's better to have been a lazy F your whole life.

You need to go to the store just a few miles away? Forget a quick run and turn around, it's a half hour minimum since no one actually goes the speed limits. Oh I finally got up to 40, the speed limit on 33, nope some a-hole couldn't wait another 5 seconds for you to to drive past and they pull out almost directly in front of you, then don't accelerate at a decent rate, so now I have to slow waaaaay down, but they didn't see the 4 speed limit signs you just passed and are only going 32 mph in a 40
Quote:
The place where they charge HUNDREDS of dollars to let you drive a vehicle on the public roads, because that money is supposed to pay for road service. Nope you have to pay fuel tax at the pump. But didn't they have a find somehow to collect for roads? No they spent that on other stuff so now you have to pay more tax on the fuel you already pay tax on.

F&*k, I looked in Idaho, it's like $14 for a title. Here $60 FOR A SIMPLE PIECE OF PAPER. Why the F does it cost $60 to title a vehicle in NJ?
THINK OF THE CHILDERN!!!111!!!!!

And who will pay for the roads??????

The government is here to help you. Geez, you independent folks. If you don't like it, move to Somalia!
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #5
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
THINK OF THE CHILDERN!!!111!!!!!
Honestly, don't care

Quote:
And who will pay for the roads??????
Typical statist response We had roads before income tax in 1913....... I wonder how that happened. Also, schools, police, etc....

Quote:
The government is here to help you.

Thanks, I needed a good laugh today
Old 08-16-2017, 02:59 PM   #6
LTb1ow

No problem, always fun to play the other side of the coin.

I am scurred for my tax rates when Murphy gets elected. Probably gonna have a boating accident for his other points.
Old 08-16-2017, 03:02 PM   #7
PolarBear

Quote:
I am scurred for my tax rates when Murphy gets elected. Probably gonna have a boating accident for his other points.
When! I'm with you planning for the worst
Old 08-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #8
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

You guys need to get a bike......one with pedals.....and maybe a "49cc" assist motor
Old 08-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #9
LTb1ow

Quote:
When! I'm with you planning for the worst
After years of Christie? Def gonna swing back to Democrat. A Democrat who already is planning to spend more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
You guys need to get a bike......one with pedals.....and maybe a "49cc" assist motor
Que?
Old 08-17-2017, 07:13 AM   #10
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

https://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/m...259585205.html
Old 08-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
PolarBear

Quote:
After years of Christie? Def gonna swing back to Democrat. A Democrat who already is planning to spend more money.
God help us
Old 08-17-2017, 08:13 AM   #12
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

yeah, idk why I'm looking for a house in NJ lol
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 08:50 AM   #13
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
After years of Christie? Def gonna swing back to Democrat.
Get ready to turn in all of your shoulder things that go up
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:07 AM   #14
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Get ready to turn in all of your shoulder things that go up
Old 08-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #15
PolarBear

There are supposedly 20 bills waiting for Murphy to sign in regards to firearms too
Old 08-17-2017, 09:55 AM   #16
LTb1ow

Quote:
There are supposedly 20 bills waiting for Murphy to sign in regards to firearms too
Can't get much worse than the already horrid AWB from Clinton that NJ refuses to abandon.

Worst part will be the 5 round cap on mags. Otherwise, he is an idiot with stupid ideals based in liberal utopia land of rainbows and law abiding criminals.

"To cut down on illegal gun sales and transfers, Murphy wants to require individuals to register their firearms and make it a crime to sell one's gun without first conducting a background check on the buyer."

Third degree felony to lie on a 4473(or whatever the SP uses) but hell, lets make it more illegaler!!!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #17
PolarBear

Quote:
Third degree felony to lie on a 4473(or whatever the SP uses) but hell, lets make it more illegaler!!!
Exactly, They don't care whether these laws will actually do anything or know what the laws are already. They just want more control
Old 08-17-2017, 10:35 AM   #18
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Another case in point: Have a doctor's appointment at 11 am. Stop at Quick Chek at 10:30 to get a soda. Place is packed. WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE AT WORK???

Old 08-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #19
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable View Post
Another case in point: Have a doctor's appointment at 11 am. Stop at Quick Chek at 10:30 to get a soda. Place is packed. WHY AREN'T THESE PEOPLE AT WORK???
You aren't at work.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #20
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Exactly, They don't care whether these laws will actually do anything or know what the laws are already. They just want more control
Look, we all know that the current legislation works. Just look at Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Plainfield, Atlantic City and Elizabeth. In any of the looser 2nd amendment states they would be full of crime and violence.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #21
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
You aren't at work.
And why are you drinking soda at 10:30?
Old 08-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #22
PolarBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
You aren't at work.
ZING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Look, we all know that the current legislation works. Just look at Newark, Camden, Trenton, Paterson, Plainfield, Atlantic City and Elizabeth. In any of the looser 2nd amendment states they would be full of crime and violence.
Exactly, it's not like Camden and Newark are the murder capitals of NJ or anything
Old 08-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #23
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

I'm not at work because I work 3pm to 11pm. This should be my time to get things done. I'm not in anyone's way during the hours of 3pm and 11pm. And I don't know that many people who work shift work that would allow them to be out at 10:30 in the morning. It's the whole crowd with disposable time that doesn't have to punch a clock or work set hours.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:47 AM   #24
PolarBear

Quote:
I'm not at work because I work 3pm to 11pm. This should be my time to get things done. I'm not in anyone's way during the hours of 3pm and 11pm. And I don't know that many people who work shift work that would allow them to be out at 10:30 in the morning. It's the whole crowd with disposable time that doesn't have to punch a clock or work set hours.
I think the point is that there ARE a lot of people that don't necessarily work "standard" hours also. I know there are a lot of people at Park Sleep Eat Go home that work 2nd and 3rd shift, there is a real need this day and age to have 24hr support people in all business aspects. Plus we are still in the heat wave most people call "summer" so there are a lot of people out and about.

BUT I do know what you mean, like how come there are so many people around when most people should be working. I have thought that many times when I was a field tech and I would stop to get a refreshment during business hours
Old 08-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #25
LTb1ow

Quote:
Its a wonderful life.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge