Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 05-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #26
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

I am out of places to stash a gauge inside the car, so it would be under the cowl I guess.

IDK, is it the OE sender, or cluster?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:10 PM   #27
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
That being said, it basically pegs the gauge when cruising and its just wasting power/generating heat.
Just going off of what you said. You don't even need a permanent oil pressure gauge. I simply meant hook one up so you can assess the pressure under given conditions. If you want to go braided, go for it. I'm sure your oil is contributing to your higher pressure reading but I'm not sure if you should be running thinner stuff, you built it. I'm not sure why you want thinner either with your wasting power/generating heat comment followed by not chasing power. I'd wonder what the oil temp actually is? I should probably listen instead of speak here as I'm sure you researched the hell out of this topic. I know there are positives to thinner oil but is it correct for your application?
Old 05-05-2015, 08:38 AM   #28
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

My factory gause actually reads VERY slightly higher then my aftermarket.

So I have the factory guage - attached right above the oil filter in a T-fitting that feeds oil to the super charger, and a mech. Autometer attached into the top of the block in the rear.

I Run 10-40W Dino

Mech gauge shows about 2-3 Lbs less then stock gauge.

At startup I'm around 80PSI, Once oil temp gets above 180 to starts to drop off slightly. Sunday is was 82degrees out and I was hot laping the car Oil was about 195 degrees and pressure stayed above 65PSI.

I don't know if I would go lighter on the oil, unless something like 5-30W with a bottle of STP?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech