Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 07-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #1
WayFast84

Before after and project pics

Sort of like the picture thread, but different, Post pics of your cars before and after.

during your projects and everything in between(ie what makes your car YOUR car)

Look at those wheels

After paint!!!

GTA WHEELS!!!!!!!!!

Night shades, charcoal gta wheels, painted brakes set my car apart from others as does the car not having a spoiler!

My motor as it sits now minus the distributor and down to the harmonic palancer (old pic)
Old 07-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
V
Stalker

'87 Monte SS

Last edited by V; 07-20-2006 at 02:06 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:10 PM   #3
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I have ones from when I first got the car, these pics start from about 1/4 way into the restoration. Once I unpack alot of my pics ill scan up some OLD OLD pics of the first day I had the car.

Before:

Last edited by bad64chevelle; 07-20-2006 at 04:12 PM.
bad64chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
bad64chevelle

After:

Messy unfinished under hood pic

Last edited by bad64chevelle; 07-20-2006 at 04:14 PM.
bad64chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Day I bought it October 2004

Fall 04'

Spring 05'

Fall 05'

Spring 06'

Summer 06'

Future?:

[Slammed, Shaved Attena, rear markers blacked out, hood, Painted & Fitted spoiler (painted black to sail panels)]
Old 07-22-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
jola

All these cars look amazing! How long did it take to restore the Chevelle?

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #7
bad64chevelle

Took me seven years I mowed lawns all summer long for two summers, saved up birthday money, and bought it when I turned 13 for $700. Worked on it on and off for 7 years and got it on the road last summer at 20. This summer I blew the trans, and therefor its off the road again. This time a 4speed is going in it. Its really killing me that I cant drive it too much this summer, but hey what can ya do? My "freshly rebuilt" th350 wasnt so good and "fresh" but thats a whole nother story. Thanks for the compliment.
Old 07-22-2006, 08:52 PM   #8
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
Took me seven years I mowed lawns all summer long for two summers, saved up birthday money, and bought it when I turned 13 for $700. Worked on it on and off for 7 years and got it on the road last summer at 20. This summer I blew the trans, and therefor its off the road again. This time a 4speed is going in it. Its really killing me that I cant drive it too much this summer, but hey what can ya do? My "freshly rebuilt" th350 wasnt so good and "fresh" but thats a whole nother story. Thanks for the compliment.

a 350 trans is not very hard to do, what is it doing or not doing , lots of trans have just had stuck valves in the valve body or gov ??? or it has a bad convertor seen that lots as well , after an overhaul seen it lots of times if it was all re done its cheep to fix ?????? can help and we in my shop have spent 100s of hours on stuff as well only to have something someone else did not work jz
johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 PM   #9
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjzjz
a 350 trans is not very hard to do, what is it doing or not doing , lots of trans have just had stuck valves in the valve body or gov ??? or it has a bad convertor seen that lots as well , after an overhaul seen it lots of times if it was all re done its cheep to fix ?????? can help and we in my shop have spent 100s of hours on stuff as well only to have something someone else did not work jz
john he's already purchased the 4-speed and im pretty sure he'd rather row gears in the car
Old 07-22-2006, 10:16 PM   #10
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
john he's already purchased the 4-speed and im pretty sure he'd rather row gears in the car
you put the motor together get hahahahha what was that cam again hahahahahahahhahh jz
Old 07-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #11
j0n

Quote:
you put the motor together get hahahahha what was that cam again hahahahahahahhahh jz
haha im workin on it...i cant wait to see if it'll actually hold an idle
Old 07-23-2006, 01:11 AM   #12
bad64chevelle

Quote:
The converter is shot, it was "Brand new" and was supposed to be a 2800 stall but it was neither of those. It now will only go into reverse when it wants to even though its adjusted correctly, it slips out of gear at highway speeds under normal throttle. It shifts wayyy to early (good vac pressure and the modulator has been adjusted) When I manually put the shifter into 1st gear it will not drop to 1st (and again the linkages are adjusted correctly) and in drive it does not always go into first gear it starts out in second alot. i think that there is more but too tired right now. The trans is holding the car back ALOT, the car has trouble breaking the tires loose at all. I wont go into much more about it (ie who built it and whatnot) due to a prior event, and out of respect to an admin who spoke to me away from the boards about this matter. I have already purchased a 4speed, and once I get settled in the garage I will be tossing that in the car. When I pull the trans from the car maybe if you dont mind, I will bring it up to your shop and we can take a look at it to see what the problem was. If it is an easy fix we can take care of it, toss a good converter in it and use it on another vehicle, but like j0n said I'd rather row through gears, I am done with automatics but I know my dad has a pickup that needs a trans, and I would toss it in that.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #13
johnjzjz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
The converter is shot, it was "Brand new" and was supposed to be a 2800 stall but it was neither of those. It now will only go into reverse when it wants to even though its adjusted correctly, it slips out of gear at highway speeds under normal throttle. It shifts wayyy to early (good vac pressure and the modulator has been adjusted) When I manually put the shifter into 1st gear it will not drop to 1st (and again the linkages are adjusted correctly) and in drive it does not always go into first gear it starts out in second alot. i think that there is more but too tired right now. The trans is holding the car back ALOT, the car has trouble breaking the tires loose at all. I wont go into much more about it (ie who built it and whatnot) due to a prior event, and out of respect to an admin who spoke to me away from the boards about this matter. I have already purchased a 4speed, and once I get settled in the garage I will be tossing that in the car. When I pull the trans from the car maybe if you dont mind, I will bring it up to your shop and we can take a look at it to see what the problem was. If it is an easy fix we can take care of it, toss a good converter in it and use it on another vehicle, but like j0n said I'd rather row through gears, I am done with automatics but I know my dad has a pickup that needs a trans, and I would toss it in that.

to me what you have explained its all in the valve body and or a combo of linkage adjustments --- the lever sounds to be out of synk to the shifter mech, seen this before, not something a regular guy would see but i will look at it, we these days only do powerglides as i do more real racing stuff but can help and will jz
Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 PM   #14
bad64chevelle

Okay once I get that piece out I will get in touch with you. I have a feeling its got a combo of problems (Most likely not only linkages) but more like converter/valve body like you said. The trans performs like a stock trans, but has lots of problems. Like I said I dont want to get into the whole thing of who built this trans, but when we talk in person we can discuss this problem. Thanks John!

Jon
Old 07-27-2006, 03:45 PM   #15
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Back to topic, but backwards, I guess...

Last September:

Last Month:

Now at least there are all new SS hard lines + hoses and calipers on it to go with the IROC 12" 1LE rotors & Porterfield pads. I still have to do the rear brakes (backing plates half blasted) – all new parts & Porterfield shoes. I really want to nail the brake pedal!

My plan was to be done by June 1. Now, if it isn't road ready by Labor Day, even more comes off. And that will be after I finish my garage floor, which this project has put off too long. Between the HHH weather & upcoming vacation, I am no longer optimistic to be driving this season. Plus my compressor died with parts in the blast cabinet – ones I need soon..

Oh well. Can't cry over it, I guess. That compressor is going to cost me my Xmas 2006 TKO funds .:angry: Maybe I’ll go buy it this weekend and install it next week. Can’t wait to go in the attic to run the 220 line when it is 1000* up there.

Edit: I had to make my pics bigger to match all of yours...

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop

Last edited by BonzoHansen; 07-27-2006 at 09:28 PM.
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:49 PM   #16
enRo
13 Second Club

Well, its not a resto lmao, but its a project... turning it away from any other stock looking 4th gen.

This is all before July 2006 (obviously lmao)

The day after I bought it in August 2005 (almost been a year!)

Halo's, Grill, Exhaust, Lid and a cpl other miscellaneous things, Winter 2005

SLAMMED (Almost) ... BEFORE RIMS - Early Spring 2006

AFTER RIMS, + Fresh new paint

1 day after rims + paint, added SS spoiler...

Old 07-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #17
enRo
13 Second Club

AFTER (How it sits now...)

Hockey Stripes, some wax, and nice scenery

Old 07-31-2006, 12:17 AM   #18
Brando56894
15 Second Club

noah, you definately have the SEXIEST LS1 Camaro on this site (well except for the guy with the custom flames on his (black base, purplish flames i believe??) camaro ( dont rememember if its an LT1 or an LS1)

as soon as i can find the usb cable for my moms camera i can show u how my new bird looked when i got it, how it looks now, how it'll look by the end of the summer and then what i hope it will look like
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:20 AM   #19
crazyl

i have more pics if neeed

before.

after

crazyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #20
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Before:

Current, with new floor and new trunk:

Last edited by WildBillyT; 08-01-2006 at 07:26 AM.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:37 PM   #21
jola

Noah, you take some great pictures!

95 3.4L Firebird
jola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 07:26 PM   #22
CJDZ24_Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
Day I bought it October 2004

Fall 04'

Spring 05'

Fall 05'

Spring 06'

Summer 06'

Future?:

[Slammed, Shaved Attena, rear markers blacked out, hood, Painted & Fitted spoiler (painted black to sail panels)]
Black ZR1 on Silver is perfect! Looks good!
CJDZ24_Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia