Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #76
GREZ28

There are more beaches guys.. Barnigate wich is a very long island and a ton of things to do, and does kinda fall in the midle of jersey. Island beach state park thats another good one. Belmar further N, thats another good one.. That is all abouts in the midle jersey. I love Cape May but it might be a little ways for some of us here. I have been to every one of them shore lines and there really good spots. (I do alot of surf fishing)
Old 01-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #77
tastyle88

is in!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #78
5.7TA

Currently deployed overseas for a year, however depending on when this would be, I would be down for something like this. I'll need more specific dates since I only get 15 days at my half way point for R&R, before I need to be back here again, so planning is crucial.
K&N Air Filter
Old 02-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #79
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Island Beach State Park sounds great...big open parking lot makes for a great show
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
Old 02-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #80
Slow-V6

I would say anything from Atlantic City Up would be the best location for everyone.
1998 Corvette Convertible, Vararam Intake+Power Duct, Fast 90/90, Ti Axleback..12.8@110
2003 Cobra Convertible 10th Anniversary
http://www.fquick.com/slow-v6
Local car cruise schedule..
http://www.cliffscalendar.com/
Old 02-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #81
91chevywt

I'd be good to go as long as my car is running and everything is in good shape then

Old 02-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #82
CamaroJoe1987

ill do it if mine is running good enough
Old 02-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #83
FBODS4EVER

im in. probably bring the dd 95 bird. not show quality. but still an fbod. my 3gens may be done. depending on when the cruise is.
1995 PONTIAC FIREBIRD M5 V6 ( sold )
1989 Trans Am GTA 5.7L 67000mi current
Old 02-03-2009, 06:34 PM   #84
fallenleader

my firebird is in crap condition but if i get it back from the shop in time and it still runs. i might be able to join.

i'm in somerville nj, central nj. i know all the major highways in nj though so it'd just be a factor of distance and location.

she has no a/c so it'll be a damned killer.
my woman and her 06' suzuki aerio would follow with.

Edit: i can get to the point pleasant area. about 56miles from me. maybe a bit farther.
i will need to find money for gas, thats all i can afford. if its a cruise, i held up with another car running down to the pine barrens to do some 4wd. keeping a crapload of Fbodies together wouldn't be too hard. hold up keep speed and dont let the line break up too much. the parkway isn't always too bad. lots of lanes. island beach state park? damn summer traffic around the shore roads will be absolute hell.

EditEdit: would it be ok to invite another class of cars, if any of them are interested? www.aeriostyle.com

Last edited by fallenleader; 02-03-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:55 PM   #85
T96-Iroc-z

in and three others probably too
Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #86
GREZ28

We have lots of time to arange all this, its only Feb.. Like I said this was just an idea that came to my mind, and from what it lookes like we are getting quite a few good feedbacks in here. IBSP is just an area that I was thinking as many others I pointed out.. I have been in IBSP before, and yes it is hell to get thrue them gates when summer comes along, and I very much doubt that will be going thrue them gates. So lets just keep on plugn for now and see what will we come up with. I am thinking that about end of April will be a good time to give an actual date for the cruise. And we need to make sure that there are no major events going on, on the date that we will agree to.

Last edited by GREZ28; 02-03-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #87
fallenleader

again, can i invite anyone running the suzuki cars? it'd be more people and more to look at.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:24 PM   #88
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Maybe, have to see how and when we can put this together. I am talking to those in charge of a few other regional F-body clubs to see if we can work out starting and ending points and a charity for hte event to support.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #89
Mike
BadMod

there are suzuki aerio enthusiasts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #90
GREZ28

Man, I dont know what to tell ya.. If it's not a problem with others and you really have no other way of joining (tailgate). Then I could say its ok.. But try to get that firebird on the road man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
again, can i invite anyone running the suzuki cars? it'd be more people and more to look at.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #91
fallenleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
there are suzuki aerio enthusiasts?
you should see the puerto rico transformer club. their aerio's are nuts.
http://www.aeriostyle.com/
we're crazy. went into the pine barrens with the AWD and ended up in cranberry things. all scratched up and in mud but didnt get stuck.

and the aerio's, if any wanted, would just be extra cars, bigger group. it doesn't matter to me, i will have 1 though because i have a family and the firebird's back seats are not for full grown adults.

i can't donate to a charity though. and will only join up if the bird is running, she has a bad carburator, they said replace, i said how much, i said i'm broke. will it hurt it? forgot the answer.

Edit: stalls when cold, runs when hot and was driveable when went into shop for lots other work. "strangly passed inspection with flying colors"

Last edited by fallenleader; 02-03-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #92
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

We have to see how the planning goes before we can decide how many cars we are going to have space for.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #93
fallenleader

space? the nearest walmart parking lot should hold 200+ cars. seriously though, what type of event and space will be there and needed? preliminary of course. i was half expecting a drive down the highway, a stop look about the cars, a little hey what did you do to yours, hey yours is nice, and then a bye bye. nj beaches cost money as far as i know, and crowded. so that should be a no.

Last edited by fallenleader; 02-03-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:36 PM   #94
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
space? the nearest walmart parking lot should hold 200+ cars. seriously though, what type of event and space will be there and needed? preliminary of course. i was half expecting a drive down the highway, a stop look about the cars, a little hey what did you do to yours, hey yours is nice, and then a bye bye. nj beaches cost money as far as i know, and crowded. so that should be a no.
if you randomly pull into a retail businesses parking lot with over 100 cars, they will have major issues with that. it prevents CUSTOMERS from being able to park

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #95
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
We will come up with something and it will be nicer than a Walmart parking lot.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #96
Mike
BadMod

poker run ftw

Quote:
Old 02-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #97
fallenleader

hahaha lets all go buy a pack of gum. i am trying to add a little humor, walmart was a joke. seriously though, you're planning on 100 cars? that'd be the biggest meet i've ever been to, biggest i've seen organized as well.

and what is "poker run ftw"?
Old 02-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #98
BonzoHansen
Admin.

whew, for a second I thought this was devolving into some ricer-tough guy-wannabe-street-racer-meet-in-the-mall-lot-at-11pm-like-criminal-retards type of deal.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 02-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #99
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Poker Runs are when you drive from point to point, stopping along the way at various locations. Each stop you get a random card from the deck they have at that spot. At the end of the run, whoever puts the best hand together wins a prize.

Old 02-03-2009, 10:49 PM   #100
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
hahaha lets all go buy a pack of gum. i am trying to add a little humor, walmart was a joke. seriously though, you're planning on 100 cars? that'd be the biggest meet i've ever been to, biggest i've seen organized as well.

and what is "poker run ftw"?
easy part first, ftw= for the win

a poker run is a cruise where you figure out certain checkpoints (5+) along the route. at these checkpoints everyone participating gets a playing card (hence the "poker" name) and once at the final meet location, the person with the winning poker hand wins.
its something done as a fundraiser or charity event, where the winner, or top x amount of finishers take so much money, and the rest is donated to whichever charity the event is for

Quote:
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events