Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

View Poll Results: How Are You Willing To Participate
Willing To Donate $50 - $ 100 31 57.41%
Willing To Donate Less Than $50 19 35.19%
Willing To Participate, Don't Want To Donate 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2009, 01:37 PM   #101
7R_NINJA

Can't imagine something like this would be set in 6 weeks. Crossing my fingers though. We need to get the low down from the corvette guys who got theirs together. Although I think that is being done now.
7R_NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #102
NastyEllEssWon

paperwork still floating god knows where in the offices at the moment...spoke to one of the troppers that helped organize the corvette run that the most realistic times for these to be held is from Labor day - October or from April - Memorial day...beings its on the Atlantic City Expressway.

Like i said, this IS A CHARITY EVENT...BUT NOT AN EVENT SPECIFICALLY FOR CHARITY...it is an event that will raise money for a charity. Camaros, Firebirds and Tojans only. Dont like it, Go start your own charity cruise.

edit: Ninja, Mr. Dave Kerbeck of Kerbeck Chevy is the one that pointed me in the right direction. He was awesome in answering the questions i had for him.

edit 2: sure we can put this together without the paperwork and formal requests and jumping through hoops, get 100 cars together and fly down the atlantic city expressway...difference??? its not gonna be LEGAL and wont raise any money for ANYTHING. so patience with the date set.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 07-16-2009 at 05:35 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #103
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i think it would be great if you opened it up to other groups. more for charity is just a great thing. just keep it so f-bodies lead the pack! maybe even get a cruiser or two to separate us from the rest

keep us up to speed though nasty!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #104
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

I think we'd have a 10 minute slot... How would it work if we brought other cars into the mix? Traffic would be retarded for 10 minutes for every group?
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM   #105
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

nah f-bodies all stacked up at the beginning of the rest stop, couple cruisers, then everything else.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:56 PM   #106
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
i think it would be great if you opened it up to other groups. more for charity is just a great thing. just keep it so f-bodies lead the pack! maybe even get a cruiser or two to separate us from the rest
I think that sounds great.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #107
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
Like i said, this IS A CHARITY EVENT...BUT NOT AN EVENT SPECIFICALLY FOR CHARITY...it is an event that will raise money for a charity. Camaros, Firebirds and Tojans only. Dont like it, Go start your own charity cruise.
I think I get what you're trying to say, except that this is the saddest attempt at making an excuse for it to be all F-bodies. Saying it's a charity event not specifically for charity is like saying "This is issue is important to me, But I don't actually really give a **** at all. Because I think if it really mattered to you, you're take a lot more time to plan it, just so you could actually GET 100 f-bodies together, and frankly, more than 100 would be better. But even an event like the F-body nats barely generates 100 f-body participants, if that, and that's planned months in advance. And, if you really cared about money raised, you'd do whatever it takes to get the most donations.

But this is sounding more like a fun cruise with F-Bodies, and the charity part is just an excuse to use with the State and the Police Dept. just to get them to justify shutting down the stretch of road you want to use. Because you know they wouldn't do it for you otherwise.

99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #108
NastyEllEssWon

its not like that at all. you just have to have some sort of exclusivity or it detracts from the meaning of the event. the meaning of the event was to be a 100 f-body cruise celebrating owning/driving and the overall f-body experience while raising a little bit of money in the same same swoop.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 07-17-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:47 AM   #109
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBodyGT87 View Post
I think I get what you're trying to say, except that this is the saddest attempt at making an excuse for it to be all F-bodies. Saying it's a charity event not specifically for charity is like saying "This is issue is important to me, But I don't actually really give a **** at all. Because I think if it really mattered to you, you're take a lot more time to plan it, just so you could actually GET 100 f-bodies together, and frankly, more than 100 would be better. But even an event like the F-body nats barely generates 100 f-body participants, if that, and that's planned months in advance. And, if you really cared about money raised, you'd do whatever it takes to get the most donations.

But this is sounding more like a fun cruise with F-Bodies, and the charity part is just an excuse to use with the State and the Police Dept. just to get them to justify shutting down the stretch of road you want to use. Because you know they wouldn't do it for you otherwise.

Woah.

Granted I do not know what Jay's intentions are deep down, but so far he is the only one doing the hump work to get this organized. Whether or not he is doing it for the "right" way morally or not, is not for debate here. He is trying to set up a fundraiser to help out charity, that is the focus here. The idea is for only F bods to run, same with the Vette runs.

Since he is the only one doing the work here, I would go as far to say that this is kinda his party, so unless you want to help out, don't require him to change things to fit ideas outside of the original intent.

Not trying to come off as an *******, just felt like typing and its way to early for me to be thinking.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 05:05 AM   #110
Czop418

Yea i feel the same way. Hes the man running the show , he decides how he wants it , hes doing the work. And about the whole not caring were just using it for selfish reasons , that's kind of a low blow. ALL hes trying to is do it the RIGHT way. Hell if we canted we could get 50 people to meet in a parking lot and do this our own way and cruise around all night together and it STILL be legal. Im just saying when it comes to things like this , hell even life decisions , if you gonna do something do it right not half assed

Last edited by Czop418; 07-17-2009 at 05:05 AM.
Czop418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:50 AM   #111
7R_NINJA

I think we're getting off track here. It's a great idea. Bring together people who share the same passion in cars and help some people at the same time. Let's keep it at that. This thread should be for info on the event. Not debate. Theres an idea in motion so lets support it. Anyone not interested should simply not involve themselves. No hard feelings here. Lets just enjoy what we have going.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #112
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

I'm not debating, I'm merely giving my opinion. I've already stated that I'm not going to be involved in this, (because I can't be) and I've also said I dropped the idea I was pulling for. I posted here because an Admin suggested I say something, in case anyone had any interest. And clearly, there are people would like to give to this, but can't as a result of the exclusivity of participation. No harm in trying to see it in a more effective way. If he wants it to be all F-Bodies, fine, though I was recognizing the fact that he'd get more money the other way.
So, he won't now, that's completely up to him. Just thought I would put it out there. Continue planning, and good luck getting 100 F-Bodies.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #113
NastyEllEssWon

put it together yourself then. im done. you obviously know more and how to put together a more effective function...just make sure that you or your driver can pass a breathalyzer before driving in your own function.

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 07-17-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #114
7R_NINJA

I'm not pointing out you in specific Pbody, just trying to get everyone focused. I'm down for anything. A cruise with all different types of cars sounds great to me. And more money for charity is always a plus. Perhaps creating another cruise/run that involves your ideas should be considered? I'd do it. Post up if your going to persue that and count me in for donation. But if all of us don't come together on one thing, we won't get anywhere. Just don't want to see this go down the tubes cause we can't decide on something.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #115
7R_NINJA

Quote:
put it together yourself then. im done. you obviously know more and how to put together a more effective function...just make sure that you or your driver can pass a breathalyzer before driving in your own function.
C'mon Nasty, this should be a good thing. No need arguing between each other. Understand his side, your starting something he can't be involved in. "Them's the brakes", I understand but you can't fault the guy for trying to make it so others like himself can get in. What your doing is a good thing. I'm sure the Corvette guys took some heat too. Stay focused and make this thing happen. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it in the end.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:06 PM   #116
NastyEllEssWon

id like to but it seems that people on this f-body site...without f-bodies, want to cruise in a function for f-bodies but feel left out....try pulling up to a corvette function with a camaro...see how well that works out

i dont understand what the problem people have with an all f-body cruise?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:07 PM   #117
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
wow dude, really? stop
Old 07-17-2009, 02:33 PM   #118
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
wow dude, really? stop

yeah so im not allowed to stick up for myself when someone accuses me of being a liar. goddamn. what a bunch of tools.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #119
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

this thread needs a cleanup, bad.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #120
NastyEllEssWon

just delete it. its done. its over. im not helping any more. someone else can take up the reigns if they want but im giving no more help. your heard ms. pbody....an admin wanted her to suggest it but didnt want to speak up. who am i to go against mr phantom admin.

::middle finger to you all::

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 07-17-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:14 PM   #121
GREZ28

Really dont know what to say here.. I am just a little shocked the way things have turned around. Nasty has been trying to put this thing together for some time.
When I posted the idea of having a 100 Fbod Cruise I never thought that we had members here with diferent cars than F-bodies, nothing against it.
But the bottom line is an F-body Cruise, not a 100 whatever cruise. That would mean tuners, pony, 4wheel monster trucks, and oh, dont forget the "Smart" car.. Is that what we want?
GREZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:21 PM   #122
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

50 people voted, that isn't 100. not everyone said they would participate/have an f-bod. so i guess since mike offered up his tbss to be a chase car to document the whole thing, he isn't allowed to go? well lets stick with the 100 f-bod thing

step 1: get 100 f-bodies
step 2: ????
step 3: cruise

go collect more f-bodies

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 07-17-2009 at 03:22 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #123
Jam
Banned

DOWN WITH PBODY!!!!!

EDIT: Nasty if you want me to take over PM me.

Last edited by Jam; 07-17-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #124
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
just delete it. its done. its over. im not helping any more. someone else can take up the reigns if they want but im giving no more help. your heard ms. pbody....an admin wanted her to suggest it but didnt want to speak up. who am i to go against mr phantom admin.

::middle finger to you all::
OMG let me get you a tissue. WTF are you crying about a phantom admin?

Yeah, she asked Justin, he mentioned throw it up here as an idea. This way there was no perception of undue influence from us. Just an idea for you guys to consider. She did and the idea was not embraced and she said fine and moved on. Way to blow it out of proportion, oh noes one person disagrees with me.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #125
GREZ28

50 people is not bad if you think that they are only from this club.. We could make 100+ if we stay in touch with other f-body sites. The only problem is time.. This cruise was floating around since Jan when I posted it up , and didn't really kick in till this past month..
GREZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events