Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #26
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

4-8, depending on how you look at it. 4 real ones, 5 if you include the daily that I recently finished...
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:14 PM   #27
The_Bishop
Power Member

That's one way to keep busy! The 'Burban looks great.
1998 Z-28 - SLP lid - Ported TB - LS6 Intake - Dynatech SS headers/Catted Y - Magnaflow Exh - 3.42 - Yank SS3600 - UMI weld-in subframe connectors, Adj LCA, Adj PHB, Q1A TA - Bolt-in Relocation Brackets - Strano springs - Koni shocks - 17" C6Z06 wheels - 326HP/335ft-lbs - 12.35 @ 110.41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I can appreciate a dream but this person needed some real friends.
The_Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #28
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

This weekend I started working on frame stuff for the swap. I got the frame on stands in the garage and scrapped off most of the old dirt and oil that had been slung onto it. I also got the two crossmembers that unbolt, in the parts washer and all cleaned.

I also got the front bumper off, along with the grille and the roof rack I made made for my trip. I am going to pull the whole front clip off to make pulling the engine easier, plus it will be easier to work around the sides if the inner and outer fenders are not in the way.

Got a few of the misc parts that have been scattered for the front and rear axle all together and cleaned now too. I have to blast and paint the "small" parts for the axles still so I can put them back together. I also want to get the front D60 sand blasted, but I may wind up just getting some playground sand, putting it in the oven to dry it out, and doing it myself.

One frustrating thing. I bought the Energy Suspension polyurethane body bushing kit, and it doesn't have enough bushings in it. It isn't like they shorted this kit, the instructions show the same amount of bushings. There are 6 pairs of bushings in the kit, but there are 7 pairs of body bushings on the frame, so I am going to have to call them and find out whether they rectified this after I purchased, or if the kit is just incorrect altogether. It sucks buying aftermarket parts like this for a low production option vehicle. This is the second kit I have ordered Suburban parts for and they don't have enough in the box. The other company was Totally Stainless, and when I called about the bolt kit they said I was the only person that had ever ordered it, and they didn't actually have one to put the kit together. They just extrapolated the screws they thought a Burb would have. I got some of the additional screws right away, but as I go through the body I am finding more and more they don't include. It's only money I suppose.

Have to move the suburban over a little so it it more in the center of the tent before I take drivetrain stuff apart, and fix the tent so it stops pulling the tubes apart, stupid wind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171105_144650.jpg (102.9 KB, 46 views)
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:12 PM   #29
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
when I called about the bolt kit they said I was the only person that had ever ordered it

Oh man.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects