Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Later Years 93-present

Notices

Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #51
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatreefiddy View Post
I know but i liked my stock shifter height mgw is a little too short for me. And a trans am gt is just a 1 year car where they threw in a bunch of options like driver and passenger power lumbar/bolsters leather and blue tinted side mirrors, the dotted array on the t-tops, buncha other stuff.
GT is the fully loaded T/A for 1994. Supposedly the T/A was too expensive in 1993 so they used stuff like cloth seats instead of leather and some other downgrades in the base T/As in 1994. It didn't really do much so they changed it back in 1995.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:54 AM   #52
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

You can adjust the height on the MGW shifter

I noticed that about the trans ams in 94
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 04-26-2013 at 09:05 AM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #53
itsatreefiddy

whoops, didn't know that, I kinda just bought the shifter just searching on the internet, Im pretty much the only f body person i know so its hard to jump into someones car to try out their shifter, I hang around a lot of foxbody and import people. The pro 5.0 was the best shifter before mgw came out, probably why i saw so many people saying it was the best shifter in like the early/mid 2000s before mgw was even a thing. I'm still happy with my purchase.
itsatreefiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #54
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I have a Pro 5.0 and I like it a lot.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:46 AM   #55
richduty455

trans am gt for 3.23 gear, 160mph speedo, trans am rear wing
Old 04-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #56
itsatreefiddy

i thought all 6speeds after 93 came with 3.42? Or is 2.73 the "base gear" for the auto and 3.23 is the optional performance gear.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #57
Dudbird113

My gt auto had 3.42s in it
Old 05-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #58
itsatreefiddy

Did the wheels today and yesterday, for my first time using plastidip I think it came out good. I used a trigger attachment to the spraycan the second day saving my fingers and encouraging me to go a little heavy. I didn't use alot of dip strangely. It came with 4 cans of black and 3 gloss and I honestly ended up using half that, all my friends who plastidip say they've done more with less, who knows. They look good, you can kinda see that on the hard to reach spaces its not as black and is actually a bit transparent but hopefully the glossifier is covering where I missed in black. My rim paint was trash anyway so Im not too worried. Starting to be a true believer of plastidip, between the 2 cars Ive owned I had to refinish 3 sets of wheels, usually I would get the wheels stripped or blasted, then aluminum etch primer, then duplicolor rim paint (color) then rim paint clear. Worked good until my ws6 rims, used the wrong wheel cleaner or perhaps using cleaner too soon after painted and they were pretty much ruined. Lets see how plastidip holds up Im going to just use soap and water on them.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:13 PM   #59
itsatreefiddy

did some basic maintenance today, polyurethane trans mount, tailshaft seal and an oil change, just hit 160k a few days ago.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #60
itsatreefiddy

Well today I finally sold my first car, my 87 monte carlo SS, sad to see it go but its a bit foolish for a 21 year old managing two cars. Got a 500 dollar deposit and ill be hand delivering it to Princeton on monday for the rest. New interior for the t/a and possibly taking care of the paintwork is in order.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #61
itsatreefiddy

Well finally got around to fixing up my interior somewhat for only a couple hundred dollars i got back a half-decent interior, sewed the split seams as best as possible (leather was really dry and brittle even with moisturizing) cut and replaced the typical wear on the drivers bolster and the typical rips on the top of the backseat. Beats paying 500 for new upholstery plus labor.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #62
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Likin the interior work... Good job!

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:40 AM   #63
itsatreefiddy

Yeah I think for the price it was worth it, i like how he did the backseat, literally looks factory perfect putting that piece on there. I would have liked to do all new leather on the fronts but, I need to save my money for paint.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #64
itsatreefiddy

Finally pulling the trigger on some paintwork, going to drop the car off monday, be without a car for a week but then the second week ill be on vacation anyway, so hopefully in two weeks time it should be done. Going with the budget theme Im going to address what parts need paint rather than the entire car. Although not some maaco job I'm taking to Accurate Collision in Woodbury who did my Monte SS. He's a perfectionist and his work shows in what he charged me. So that's another part why I'm only painting what needs to be addressed now. The front and rear bumpers are totally faded, I've got paint flaking off one fender severely and the other is on its way. And my ws6 hood i purchased had a crack in the paint as well as some oxidation of the paint starting. So that's whats being addressed. After shelling out a bunch of money for the paint on my monte i swore id never do paint on a car again, but here I am, its an addiction.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #65
itsatreefiddy

Well a bit of an update, paint never went through, guy is just too busy with insurance work he doesn't have the time for my car, to be fair he's had one of his guys quit on him. He says january, also me and my dad are going to be removing and installing the panels to save myself about 350 bucks so I can't complain too much. Oh and I'm ditching my WS6 wheels for something a whole lot nicer...

That's right Firehawk wheels, in Chevy drag! Story is the guy bought these for his C4 vette new from American Racing 9 Years ago, I research a bit and AR either made these wheels for SLP or got the rights to reproduce them or something? Correct me if I'm wrong. So yeah they still look great after 9 years no pitting or curb rash anywhere barrels need to be cleaned up but thats it. I'm guessing these are chrome? I know real firehawk wheels came painted, polished or chrome and these look pretty shiny so Im guessing chrome. Oh and the real kicker is I picked these up for 375 bucks, Craiglist is a love-hate relationship but after this I made out great for once. WS6 wheels will be dismounted and sold if anyone is interested.
Old 03-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #66
greenformula92

any updates?

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Rides > The Later Years 93-present