Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #26
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
As of right now, it has no name. Its known internally as Chevy SS sedan. Anyone that knows of a name is pure speculation at this point.
It would be logical that it would go with a classical name. If they go with Chevelle, there will be a ton of butt-hurt people who think that the Chevelle only came in 2 doors, a 454, a 4spd manual, and a 12 bolt rear.
Nova then?
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #27
BigAls87Z28

Personally, I hope its nothing nostaligic. Too many enthusiasts would be up in arms about it. Call it Stateman or something new, something that talks to the performance and luxury of this car.

BTW, before it happens, this car is most likely going to be a V8 only model, with a lot more feature-rich interior then the G8 offered. Expect a higher price tag, a car that would be Chevrolet's flagship sedan above Malibu and Impala.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #28
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
...the Chevelle only came in 2 doors, a 454, a 4spd manual, and a 12 bolt rear.
just the good ones.

so the basic lineup is aveo-cruze-malibu-impala-cartobenamedlater?

Why so many cars? The cruze is a nice little car. why not stretch the malibu out a bit, kill the current impala (I just rented one, what a POS) and make the new one an impala?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 PM   #29
WildBillyT

Quote:
Personally, I hope its nothing nostaligic. Too many enthusiasts would be up in arms about it. Call it Stateman or something new, something that talks to the performance and luxury of this car.

BTW, before it happens, this car is most likely going to be a V8 only model, with a lot more feature-rich interior then the G8 offered. Expect a higher price tag, a car that would be Chevrolet's flagship sedan above Malibu and Impala.
Eh. Nova went out with the worst whimper of any GM marque, IMO. You can't go lower than the 5th gen Nova.

I get your point, but if they can leverage it right they can work off of existing buzz about a particular mark. Impala or Monte might be nice, too. Biscayne?
Old 11-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #30
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
just the good ones.

so the basic lineup is aveo-cruze-malibu-impala-cartobenamedlater?

Why so many cars? The cruze is a nice little car. why not stretch the malibu out a bit, kill the current impala (I just rented one, what a POS) and make the new one an impala?
Actually, Spark, Aveo, Cruze, Malibu, Impala, and Chevy SS

Why so many cars? You are old. When, not if, but when gas goes back to 4 bucks a gallon, GM actually wants to have cars that people will flock to, and feel safe to own.

Cruze has a high of 42mpg, Aveo will probably get around 45, and Spark I think is around 40ish.
Malibu will also NOT be seeing a V6 engine. Impala will be the V6 car, with the Chevy SS as a low unit V8 sports sedan.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #31
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Go **** yourself with the old comment, I’m not Bill. WTF does that have to do with anything.

What is a Spark? I did not see one on the lot the other day. I actually looked at a cruze the other day, nice looking little car and I am considering buying one. I think that might be a great commuter car. Aveo looks like a plastic Easter egg, when are they fixing that? And that POS Impala, when does that get redone?

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 11-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #32
Frosty

LOL@the Aveo, that thing is a bigger POS than a Cobalt...and that says a lot.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 11-23-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #33
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Go **** yourself with the old comment, I’m not Bill. WTF does that have to do with anything.

What is a Spark? I did not see one on the lot the other day. I actually looked at a cruze the other day, nice looking little car and I am considering buying one. I think that might be a great commuter car. Aveo looks like a plastic Easter egg, when are they fixing that? And that POS Impala, when does that get redone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
LOL@the Aveo, that thing is a bigger POS than a Cobalt...and that says a lot.

Aveo is all new in the next year. I believe it will be a 2012 model, and we should see the production model sometime this autoshow season, possibly at Detroit, but Id say either Chicago or NYC.

Here is the Aveo RS Concept from this year's auto show incase anyone has not seen it.

Spark is smaller then Aveo.

Impala is 2013 IIRC. Malibu will launch for 2012, Impala will show up with an MCE for LaCrosse probably.

Last edited by BigAls87Z28; 11-23-2010 at 01:51 PM.
BigAls87Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:52 PM   #34
Frosty

Yeah I was talking about the current Aveo, complete junk. I guess we'll see how the new one is...I'm pretty hopefully about the Cruze though...it seems like a nice car with a lot of options for the $$$
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #35
WiMiMc

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/automo...chevrolet.html

as i said, its not going to be the impala seeing how its just about to get a refresh/update for 2013-2014

its not going to be a caprice as they are already making them for the police.

but i can tell you what it is going to be.
Awesome.

Last edited by WiMiMc; 11-23-2010 at 02:19 PM.
WiMiMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #36
BonzoHansen
Admin.

so the spark = the gm smart car? because smaller than the easter egg is pretty damn small.

I do like all the recent cars. malibu = winner, cruze looks like a winner. redesigned equinox looks like a winner too. vette is great, camaro is ok for a tank, I can't really argue with the sales. so the crappeist cars on their lot ar ethe aveo and impala and they are scheduled to get redone. great.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #37
LS1Hawk

They should name it the Corvair and put out an ad saying, "It's coming for you, Ralph."
Old 11-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #38
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1Hawk View Post
They should name it the Corvair and put out an ad saying, "It's coming for you, Ralph."
They should name it the Corvair and run a marketing campaign like a presidential race.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:20 PM   #39
BigAls87Z28

New Malibu needs to be a real killer car, with Sonata winning the hearts and minds of the auto critics right now.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #40
NastyEllEssWon

theyll probably just name it the Lumina SS like everywhere else its available. gm wont name it anything awesome like impala ss...you know....because that just makes too much sense.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #41
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
theyll probably just name it the Lumina SS like everywhere else its available. gm wont name it anything awesome like impala ss...you know....because that just makes too much sense.
Why would they have two completely different cars both named Impala? That makes no sense at all....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #42
NastyEllEssWon

they could just extend the malibu name out to the current line of impalas anyway and give the impala a platform more deserving
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #43
Featherburner

GM hasn't disgraced the Delray or Biscayne name yet.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #44
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
GM hasn't disgraced the Delray or Biscayne name yet.
I doubt you'll see either of these names being used, as both of them were used as the BOTTOM of the line for the full sized Chevrolet and the stigma of that plain Jane, rubber floor mats, no frills may not fit. Just go back to calling it a Super Sport with some retro emblems and BACK IT UP WITH SOME BALLS THIS TIME!

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
edpontiac91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #45
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
I doubt you'll see either of these names being used, as both of them were used as the BOTTOM of the line for the full sized Chevrolet and the stigma of that plain Jane, rubber floor mats, no frills may not fit. Just go back to calling it a Super Sport with some retro emblems and BACK IT UP WITH SOME BALLS THIS TIME!
A majority of the buying public doesn't know that or, have never heard those names.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

If the Spark is super small and gets the same mileage as a Cruze then why are they making it? It's surely not as a fun looking little car, and it's less practical. Can't be much cheaper than a Cruze either
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 PM   #47
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
If the Spark is super small and gets the same mileage as a Cruze then why are they making it? It's surely not as a fun looking little car, and it's less practical. Can't be much cheaper than a Cruze either
My guess is it's an inner-city car, like the smart car. Not meant to be used for long highway commutes and such. Small to fit in tight places.

And why can't it be far cheaper than the Cruze? The Aveo starts over $4k cheaper than the Cruze, and the Spark is smaller.

Al - is the Spark gonna be for the US market?

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #48
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
New Malibu needs to be a real killer car, with Sonata winning the hearts and minds of the auto critics right now.
They really need to go less middle-ground if they want to compete with the Sonata. That car is radical. 274hp, sloping rear roof line, and some options that not even the Genesis has available. No more vanilla mid-sizer garbage, the game has been changed. I hope GM steps up to the plate. Sonata will be hard to beat in pricing as well.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:00 AM   #49
maroman88
12 Second Club

id love to see it named Impala SS, take that away from the current car PLEASE! i remember when i was really into the 94-96 Impala's wat a sick car those things were! big rear wheel drive V8 sedan... only came in black in 94

97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT

Last edited by maroman88; 11-24-2010 at 12:01 AM.
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 AM   #50
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

I don't even know if they've technically killed off the G8, they made a 2010 Pontiac G8 that was sold overseas...how do I know this? We support them lol...it was a 3.6 powered one with an E67 pcm.

Not sure if they made a 2011 but I know they did through 2010 model years.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge