Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 04-24-2015, 08:28 AM   #1
foxriderry

SJM Linelock/abs delete install HELP!

OK so i started my SJM line lock install. Everyone says the directions are clear and its an easy install ... i guess I'm just dumb haha.

So the directions refer to PVA and LLA lines... not quite sure what those are, and i don't know which lines to get rid of and which ones to plug in where on the line lock and proportioning valve.

So my question is ... does anyone have a brake line diagram that might show this information? If not can anyone guide me in the direction of which lines to remove? Is there anyway to determine which lines are for TCS/ABS (cause i imagine i can rip those out) and than using process of elimination figure out where the other three go. If anyone else has any other ideas I'm all ears.

2002 Camaro SS H/C/I 9" 413/398 [Lola]
2016 Dodge Durango [Kat]
2007 Honda CRF-80 [Little Toni]
2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale R [Luci]
foxriderry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:23 AM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Post pics of your setup. The line lock goes on the front brakes which would be the rear line on the master, closest to the booster/firewall. The prop valve goes on the front line, closest to the rad support. The one or two rear feed lines run down the frame rail on the driver side and disappear into the abyss. The front lines are easier to follow and the passenger goes across the k member in stock form.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:30 AM   #3
foxriderry

thanks for the response, ill post pics when i get home and can get them going. I think i just need to trace the lines and quit being a little ***** lmao. But now i understand the proportion valve gets hooked up to the back brake line (theres only one right?) and than the line lock get the T and hooks up to both front brake lines? (< i guess thats where i get lost)

2016 Dodge Durango [Kat]
Old 04-24-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

If you don't have traction control, there is only 1 rear feed line. You need to T the front lines, yes. Post up pics and stop being a bitch But seriously, its your brakes so don't **** around too much
Old 04-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #5
foxriderry

lmao i will when i get home. So i was just informed by SJM that i shouldve ordered the 4 channel kit, even though im installing a 3 channel rear... news to me. Anyway i guess ill order the extra peices i need, but he also said i could get a brass T and use that to connect to the two lines coming up from the rear end. I think im getting a handle on what i have to do, so im gonna go ahead and do that and see where it leaves me. Im still confused as what to do with those other two lines that hooked into the back of the ABS module?

2016 Dodge Durango [Kat]
Old 04-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Two lines come from the master to the abs, they connect to the block/traction control area, and then run to each wheel. There is a couple ways to do what you need to here. You could get a rubber hose for the rear axle for a 3 channel rear. This would be connected to one of the hard lines running to the rear, the other would be left hanging or could be removed. The hard lines on the rear would go to the T block on the hose that bolts to the rear. I don't know if you would need new fittings though, sometimes car manufacturers change the fittings so you don't cross the lines. You could get a 3/16th's inverted flair T from napa and T the lines in the engine bay. Again, don't know if they are different sizes.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #7
foxriderry

ahhhh ok, trying to do all this work on my car from my work computer is not easy! im gonna try and get out early so i can get home and get crankin

2016 Dodge Durango [Kat]

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech