Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 07-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Street Outlaws of Texas are testing at Island Dragway on Wednesday July 21

A buddy of mine passed this on to me.

https://www.islanddragway.com/2021/07/11/12814/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/IslandDragway/posts/

Some of the Texas Street Outlaw No-Prep Kings boys will be testing next Wednesday at island. Also Scott Taylor and maybe some of team New Orleans...not sure on that.

This is because that weekend is the actual no-Prep kings event out at Maple Grove Racetrack in PA. I would go to that maple grove event, but instead I will be doing the UMI Autocross Event from Thursday-Sunday of the same weekend.

Tickets for the Island Dragway Test and Tune event are apparently only available online, which will help speed up the entry process at the gates.

I'm going to go, its only $20 and it is probably the closest thing to Pro-Mod racing that will be at island Dragway for some time to come.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:12 PM   #2
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Tentatively planning to go but I have a tough time planning more than a few days out given work nonsense.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:27 PM   #3
RamblerRacer

Running the AMC

I am planning to go and run the AMC in the TnT deal and maybe a gambler race if they have one. My cousin got a spot in the invitational race of bracket cars but cant make it. I'm #13 in points so they will have to get a little desperate to get me into the race, but it sounds like a good time.
RamblerRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
TaKid455

I'll be there with some friends sitting pit side

Last edited by TaKid455; 07-16-2021 at 07:30 AM.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:19 PM   #5
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

That was way cool. great Wednesday night of racing, which is now unheard of in New Jersey. Saw a lot of people I know, including Larry who was hanging out with Scott Taylor and buddies.

I asked around and got different answers, so I really don't know if the track was prepped, glued, or just swept off. Some of the Street outlaw NPK cars were hooking out of hte hole and hitting hard on the wheelie bars, causing them to abort the pass after a few hundred feet. Scott Taylor had a 0.951 second time in the 60foot. Mike Murillo set the new track record for a door-car in the 8th mile, and I think it was 4.25 second e.t. Birdman had issues with his starter and a v-band on one of the massive intake charge pipes. Cody Baker, Shawn Wilhoit, and Adam J all did well too. Petey Smallboock didn't make any passes (that I know of), and there was some good bracket racing from a lot of the local usual racers. The rain held off too and nobody oiled down the track or wrecked, although Murrillo did get crossed up and wind up on the opposite lane on one pass. All the racers were super friendly and were chatting with fans, signing autographs, and generally a class act. The process of pre-buying tickets online was a great idea, and it was a quick process to get into the front gate. Extra staff was on hand to help with the parking, and everything seemed well run.
Glad I went to this; photos attached below. I took some videos too, but I wont have time to upload them until I get back from UMI on sunday or monday. My phone is going to be well overworked at that point.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 12:12 PM   #6
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

everything i saw said it was prepped regular. Sounded like a good time from the house, but was too caught up in work to make it.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 09:13 PM   #7
TaKid455

They were hooking on the concrete and breaking loose on the pavement. Most of the guys had their tunes in from the prior race which were 'kill mode'. Those that made full passes were able to adjust settings/ tunes to compensate. Taylor tried a tune sent remote from his tuner which didn't do well at the track. He also wanted to crack the 3's in the 1/8th.

Always enjoy looking and learning about the big boy cars. 140-143 mm turbos & prochargers are no joke. While its just number here, when you see those things in person, that's when you absorb the massive size. Makes that squid bragging about their 60mm sound cute.

Enjoy the event. Wanted more big boy runs, but take what you can.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events