Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 AM   #1
NjbadSS

check out this bad ass EVO..

I haven't been much of a fan of the WRX's and EVO's..but this is one bad mother... lets see if you all agree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWW0-gQMWCc
Old 12-11-2008, 12:58 AM   #2
BigAls87Z28

Outstanding...
Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 AM   #3
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

stupid...

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:14 AM   #4
NastyEllEssWon

Outstandlingly stupid...
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #5
crazyblazer87

You got to love people with to much time and money
'14 Charger
crazyblazer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:58 AM   #6
DevilDougWS6
11 Second Club

shock factor. WOAH! ok now take it apart.

J E R S E Y S H O R E O W N S Y O U
12 Sonic Turbo
07 Malibu SS
04 Silverado SS - Sold
00 Trans Am WS6 - Sold

-.:: United States Marine Corps ::.-
DevilDougWS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
SteveR
I <3 sheep

with all the money spent on that, they could have just bought an F-Body.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:40 PM   #8
mc73nova

Nice.

You guys kill me. Unless its in an F-Body its stupid. Why not write "I'm jealous" and be done with it.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
mc73nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #9
NastyEllEssWon

because if we wanted a car that looked like that we'd buy an evo. we dont. so we buy fbodies cause we like the styling....its the complete opposite of our cars...so yeah i guess we wouldnt like it
Old 12-11-2008, 01:02 PM   #10
mc73nova

I believe the guy who posted it has an f-body as well. It's not about liking a certain vehicle, its about appreciating performance and innovation. He wanted to be different and build a v8 Evo, more power to him.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
V
Stalker

ok, coming from someone who almost bought a 2008 Lancer EVO MR.. i like it.

but i do have 2 main complaints... 1st... it would have been sick if they could have gotten an awd setup to work, yes the oem wouldnt but then try to engineer something, thats a killer aspect of those cars, and second... there had to be a way to fit the intake without cutting the hood. they make extra clearence elbows or maybe place the TB further forward. The blower and FMIC is a nice touch.

and on a side note it sounds eeriley familiar to mine... lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #12
NastyEllEssWon

nothing innovating about that. lsx swaps have been done all over the ricer world....240's....rx7's....starions.....hell even the old datsuns used to be popular for v8 swaps.

you want a car with 4 doors and an lsx drivetrain...go buy a g8. they look identical....heh...grocery getters...they all look alike
Old 12-11-2008, 01:35 PM   #13
7pointoh
LSwhatever

The guy had an Lancer/Evo. Had an LS1 powertrain. Why not. So what if people don't agree or like what he the guy did. I'm not a fan of the car but I can appreciate the work done to do that.

Hell, I like the look of an R34 Skyline. I also like LSX's. If I have those two laying around collecting dust. Why not?

2001 WS6: SDPC LS7 Shortblock, L92 heads upgraded for .600 lift,
L76 intake, Nick Williams TB, Comp Cams 224/228 .581/.588 114+2LSA,
1 7/8 LT's, GMMG
waiting for some boost
2003 Silverado 1500HD
7pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
nothing innovating about that. lsx swaps have been done all over the ricer world....240's....rx7's....starions.....hell even the old datsuns used to be popular for v8 swaps.

you want a car with 4 doors and an lsx drivetrain...go buy a g8. they look identical....heh...grocery getters...they all look alike
And how many are All Wheel Drive?

I like it, I've always been a huge fan of the Evo and this is a nice car with a nice engine in it.

Last edited by ar0ck; 12-11-2008 at 01:40 PM.
ar0ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:41 PM   #15
mc73nova

Ls swaps are very common, a supercharged ls in an evo, not very common. So, yes innovative the fact that he took an awd drive car and converted it to rwd to utilize an ls engine is amazing. The fact that they(the foreign speaking individuals in the video) took one of their own vehicles and chopped it up to put an american based product in it, is saying a lot about the performance of an ls engine. They could have very well thrown more boost at its original turbo 4cyl or put a bigger turbo on it but they didn't. You should be happy as a car enthusiast/f-body owner that they are using the same engine for all the high power projects that you have in your car but didn't need to do a swap to obtain it.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
NastyEllEssWon

i wonder how close the underpinnings from the g8 are and if they used that as a guide on how to do it. i wouldnt doubt it.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #17
NjbadSS

I am most definitely an F body lover, but it comes a point where someone builds a car like this and you have to admire all that went into it. And it makes me smile that they tucked an LS engine in it to make it such a bad a$$ car..
Old 12-11-2008, 02:44 PM   #18
enRo
13 Second Club

Some engine swaps I admire... old chevys, some mustangs (if done right), antique trucks, and rx7's.... EVO? not so much.

Hard work? Yes.
Did it pay off? Dont think so. Coulda spent the same amount of money and made a quick AWD EVO, and not a RWD v8 powered EVO.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:55 PM   #19
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

Quote:
because if we wanted a car that looked like that we'd buy an evo. we dont. so we buy fbodies cause we like the styling....its the complete opposite of our cars...so yeah i guess we wouldnt like it
you said in another thread that you hate the styling of 4th gen camaros....

so which is it?

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #20
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc73nova View Post
I believe the guy who posted it has an f-body as well. It's not about liking a certain vehicle, its about appreciating performance and innovation. He wanted to be different and build a v8 Evo, more power to him.
Well I see alot on the internet, a guy posts an Import, and in the end you will always see the comment, should of put a V8 in it, or would be better with a V8...well someone has done it, and its a LS based motor too, and people on here are still ****ting on it, there really is no pleasing people with Domestic taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
with all the money spent on that, they could have just bought an F-Body.
They are in the UAE, they got money to do anything. you ever see the vid of the Mitsubishi SUV racing the Lambo, and staying up with it!!! they are crazy over there, but ill give it to them, they actually have the money to do things we wish we could.

Quote:
Actually I would buy an Evo over a Camaro....but I dont have teh money to. I do love Camaro's,but the fact is not many of us on these boards exactly have the money to go out and buy such perfomance cars as Evo's and STi's, especially with the economy the way it's going. Now am I saying peopel on these boards would all go out and buy them if they had the money, hell no, but im sure there are a few on these boards that would want one if they did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enRo View Post
Some engine swaps I admire... old chevys, some mustangs (if done right), antique trucks, and rx7's.... EVO? not so much.

Hard work? Yes.
Did it pay off? Dont think so. Coulda spent the same amount of money and made a quick AWD EVO, and not a RWD v8 powered EVO.
But they wanted to be different. Maybe they wanted an Evo that could to burnouts, or they just like the sound of a V8 under a nice car like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 12-11-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #21
NjbadSS

"Actually I would buy an Evo over a Camaro....but I dont have teh money to. I do love Camaro's,but the fact is not many of us on these boards exactly have the money to go out and buy such perfomance cars as Evo's and STi's, especially with the economy the way it's going. Now am I saying peopel on these boards would all go out and buy them if they had the money, hell no, but im sure there are a few on these boards that would want one if they did."

dont have the money to buy such performance cars?? I'm pretty sure that most of the guys on here that mod the hell out of their f body could just as well went out and bought a WRX or EVO but went with what they love.. an F Body!!!! come on now..
Old 12-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #22
BlueGTS

So you have a car that is known for 2 things. #1 the AWD which you remove and the 2.0L Turbo engine which you also remove. Then you put in a high torque 5.7L. Mount up the 185mm wide pizza cutters and say bye bye to traction in any gear.

It is a very cool project and I would love to see it in person but I do not see the point as people do not by EVO's for the looks. It is a Mirage with a body kit.
BlueGTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbadaSS View Post
"Actually I would buy an Evo over a Camaro....but I dont have teh money to. I do love Camaro's,but the fact is not many of us on these boards exactly have the money to go out and buy such perfomance cars as Evo's and STi's, especially with the economy the way it's going. Now am I saying peopel on these boards would all go out and buy them if they had the money, hell no, but im sure there are a few on these boards that would want one if they did."

dont have the money to buy such performance cars?? I'm pretty sure that most of the guys on here that mod the hell out of their f body could just as well went out and bought a WRX or EVO but went with what they love.. an F Body!!!! come on now..
but do they buy the mods over time, or do they buy them all in one lump sum..... It vary's to how big your wallet is. Me I cant afford a Evo, let alone a V8 Camaro, so over 3 years time Ive been slowely buying parts to fit my budget for my car. An Evo ( before the Evo 10) was a 33+K car give or take, which means you gotta commit to a monthly payment unless you have 30K sitting around. With an Fbody, according the what oyu want, you can find in any price range between 1,000 bucks and 10,000. If you have the money you can buy it, if not keep searching. The evo has only been on the American market for 5 years, so there's not as many out there on the market, and they tend to hold their value quite well.

Let me ask you NJbadaSS, when you got your car, what have you done to it, and how long did it take you purchase all the mods. Do you have 500 bucks to shell out on a car in monthly payments over the next 5 years? not many of us do, if we did have that 500 bucks each month to blow, our cars would be alot faster, and done alot sooner.

Like I said, not all people can afford a car like that on Monthly payments, if that was the case i would have one, actually I prefer STi's but im not made of gold.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM   #24
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGTS View Post
So you have a car that is known for 2 things. #1 the AWD which you remove and the 2.0L Turbo engine which you also remove. Then you put in a high torque 5.7L. Mount up the 185mm wide pizza cutters and say bye bye to traction in any gear.

It is a very cool project and I would love to see it in person but I do not see the point as people do not by EVO's for the looks. It is a Mirage with a body kit.
I agree, looks liek they were still under development of the car, they need to fit some fatter shoes in the back, with a decent wide boy kit. and also thats why Id prefer a STi over a evo, the Scooby's look alot better....cept the new ones, they look like poop.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
NjbadSS

well for the record, when i purchased my SS camaro, I looked around and saw many different cars that caught my eye. I very well could have bought an evo or an STI, but I went with what i love..the camaro. The way you worded the quote I responded to, you made it seem like f body cars are just cheap and thats why we all get them over cars such as evo's and sti's. Not the case. As for me, and I am sure many others on this board, we went with what we love...the F body

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia