Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge

Notices

Old 09-23-2007, 10:54 PM   #51
Mike
BadMod

ill race if tim loses, its only a bolt on trans am with a slipping clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 11:11 PM   #52
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buoniconti81 View Post
I'm sorry but tim's car isn't off the show room floor, and it's still a camaro no offense but they didn't build corvette's to get beat by stock camaro's. The only way tim will beat me is if I let him. I'm confident my Corvette will win! Hey tim lets see loser buys the other Ruby Tuesday's. I feel like having a steak. Medium rare Hahahahahahahahahaha
none taken, i wish i lived closer so i could go see this race and maybe make a few passes myself! somebody please get this on video. you 2 should rig up some onboard cameras too; this we can hear what you 2 say!!

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
98tadriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:35 AM   #53
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
umm, the seats are approximately 10inches apart, how important is dual zone climate control at that point? does a magical wall pop out and keep your air away from the passengers air?
no matter how many way adjustable seats are, i don't ever move mine. so i will put that in the useless column as well.
HUD, who needs it. if you are going so fast that you can't afford to look down, you don't need to check if you are exceeding the speed limit.
a trip to NC on a tank of gas, so you get high 20's mpg on the hgihway, oh wait, the camaro does too. file that under whoopity friggin doo. i also don't see why you wuld think gas mileage is the primary concern of anyone buying a V8 to drive everyday. if i cared about mileage above all else, i would gt an aveo, they get like 37 on the highway
i don't know what was wrong with your 97, but you shoudl have had it looked at, was that the one that you blew up the rear in and bought the 18k vette instead of fixing the rear under warranty?
looks? i think the C5 and C6 vettes look like european turds. i haven't liked the styling of any vettes past the mid 70's, and even many of the 70's model years i coudl do without. looks are individual taste, so that doesn't account for much either way anyhow.

so far i am not seeing any real advantages to your vette, and certainly none that would ever convince me that it is worth double what my car is.
all those things mean to me is weight that should be taken out of the car lol
Old 09-24-2007, 04:39 PM   #54
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
umm, the seats are approximately 10inches apart, how important is dual zone climate control at that point? does a magical wall pop out and keep your air away from the passengers air?
no matter how many way adjustable seats are, i don't ever move mine. so i will put that in the useless column as well.
HUD, who needs it. if you are going so fast that you can't afford to look down, you don't need to check if you are exceeding the speed limit.
a trip to NC on a tank of gas, so you get high 20's mpg on the hgihway, oh wait, the camaro does too. file that under whoopity friggin doo. i also don't see why you wuld think gas mileage is the primary concern of anyone buying a V8 to drive everyday. if i cared about mileage above all else, i would gt an aveo, they get like 37 on the highway
i don't know what was wrong with your 97, but you shoudl have had it looked at, was that the one that you blew up the rear in and bought the 18k vette instead of fixing the rear under warranty?
looks? i think the C5 and C6 vettes look like european turds. i haven't liked the styling of any vettes past the mid 70's, and even many of the 70's model years i coudl do without. looks are individual taste, so that doesn't account for much either way anyhow.

so far i am not seeing any real advantages to your vette, and certainly none that would ever convince me that it is worth double what my car is.
Yet you completely ignore the fact the build quality is above and beyond that of a Fbody Maybe you don't need the dual climate control, or the memory package or the HUD but a lot of people do. It's those options that make the vette "superior" in the eyes of some. I don't NEED those options but it's nice to have(I still wish 98's came with the HUD). The vette isn't just a race car, it's cruise car, a status car. It's placed on a higher level than Fbody's are(right or wrong).

If you only have racing in mind then the fbody is the right choice, if you're looking for something nicer that's also faster then the vette is your way to go. It's not always about 1/4 times.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM   #55
Frosty

On a side note, who the hell goes to Ruby Tuesday's for a f'in steak?

Texas Roadhouse, Ruth's Chris or even the Library(for you south jersey people).

Amateur steak lover.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 09-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #56
Icemansghost

Im buying the hud package to add to my 98.. Its an easy upgrade.
Icemansghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:14 PM   #57
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
On a side note, who the hell goes to Ruby Tuesday's for a f'in steak?

Texas Roadhouse, Ruth's Chris or even the Library(for you south jersey people).

Amateur steak lover.
Now you're talking....

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:18 PM   #58
Icemansghost

I said ruby's because its next to work! and it's not that bad. I prefer Texas Roadhouse.
Old 09-24-2007, 07:47 PM   #59
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Yet you completely ignore the fact the build quality is above and beyond that of a Fbody Maybe you don't need the dual climate control, or the memory package or the HUD but a lot of people do. It's those options that make the vette "superior" in the eyes of some. I don't NEED those options but it's nice to have(I still wish 98's came with the HUD). The vette isn't just a race car, it's cruise car, a status car. It's placed on a higher level than Fbody's are(right or wrong).

If you only have racing in mind then the fbody is the right choice, if you're looking for something nicer that's also faster then the vette is your way to go. It's not always about 1/4 times.
what a freakin snob you've become. buy another thirdgen and plan a v6 turbo for it, will ya? bring yo *** back down to earth... even if all that you said is true.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:55 PM   #60
Icemansghost

Who said corvette owners are snobs!

The ultimate in mullet mobile, the Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z. Usually comes with T-Tops which are good for messing up mullets. Offered with a dog slow 350, or an even slower 305. Once stood for "Italian Retard Out CruZing", but times have changed.

Dude...check out the mullet man in the Iroc-Z!
Old 09-24-2007, 08:07 PM   #61
Mike
BadMod

dude stfu he was joking with his friend

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 PM   #62
Icemansghost

Did I hit a nerve! I'm so sorry please direct your attention to url:http://eatliver.com/i.php?n=2026 Please fill it out, it may help you.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:47 PM   #63
Mike
BadMod

lol, didnt hit any nerves here, maybe someone hit a nerve with you and your 425hp claims

Quote:
Old 09-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #64
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

frosty, c5 and c6 vettes have way more service bulletins than 4th gens. look it up dude. eveyrthing from wiring problems, random rattles, to roofs flying off.
neither are candidates for the best built cars in the world, but if you think the vette is far better built you are mistaken.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #65
Frosty

Tim, I don't have a single rattle my in C5. I've never had a wiring issue nor has my car EVER been in for anything more than routine stuff(I have all of the service record).

You going to site a few roofs flying off due to some faulty third party adhesive, c'mon man.

I've owned both cars..I miss my 4thgen A TON..the car was sharp looking and was pretty quick but like I said, the vette is built a ton better by the feel of the ride, the interior and just everything about it.

Notice I didn't say I liked it better

Last edited by Frosty; 09-24-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #66
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
what a freakin snob you've become. buy another thirdgen and plan a v6 turbo for it, will ya? bring yo *** back down to earth... even if all that you said is true.
hahahahaha

Old 09-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #67
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:

The ultimate in mullet mobile, the Chevy Camaro Iroc-Z. Usually comes with T-Tops which are good for messing up mullets. Offered with a dog slow 350, or an even slower 305. Once stood for "Italian Retard Out CruZing", but times have changed.

Not all, but alot...there is one incident that happened to me on the way home from the Duke Island meet in 2006 that has me scarred for life
Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #68
Frosty

Ugghhh, the vette better not lose lol

Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 AM   #69
Mike
BadMod

unfortunately for the vette, the owner seems like its gonna lose

Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 AM   #70
Frosty

Last edited by Frosty; 09-25-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:03 AM   #71
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

Quote:

Wait a second, I have a an IROC with t-tops and a 350.. Wanna race?
Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 AM   #72
Icemansghost

I just priced out a pair of street slicks...Ill pass on them for now, plus I dont want my output shafts blowing apart! look at this write up. If your going to PLAY,,,unfortunately,,,your going to have to PAY! This is centered around just putting slicks on my car, and higher hp.

C5 and even C6 have issues with wheel hop. If you have uncontrolled wheel hop, and continue to allow it to occur, your going to break parts in the drive train. Even if you control wheel hop, high HP and better traction stresses the C5 and or C6 drive train and things break!

The first things to go are the diff output shafts. Yes they make hardened output shafts that will eliminate that issue. Once that is eliminated, the Diff case will most likely split. DTE makes a special brace to help eliminate that issue. (DTE BRACE) Then the tranny out put shaft will break. Starting with the Diff output shafts, as you go UP in HP/TQ, you will need to get STRONGER in the other things listed.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:37 AM   #73
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
I just priced out a pair of street slicks...Ill pass on them for now, plus I dont want my output shafts blowing apart! look at this write up. If your going to PLAY,,,unfortunately,,,your going to have to PAY! This is centered around just putting slicks on my car, and higher hp.

C5 and even C6 have issues with wheel hop. If you have uncontrolled wheel hop, and continue to allow it to occur, your going to break parts in the drive train. Even if you control wheel hop, high HP and better traction stresses the C5 and or C6 drive train and things break!

The first things to go are the diff output shafts. Yes they make hardened output shafts that will eliminate that issue. Once that is eliminated, the Diff case will most likely split. DTE makes a special brace to help eliminate that issue. (DTE BRACE) Then the tranny out put shaft will break. Starting with the Diff output shafts, as you go UP in HP/TQ, you will need to get STRONGER in the other things listed.
Wheel hop has always been an issue with IRS in Corvettes. Big block C3's have a real nasty problem with it.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:43 AM   #74
Mike
BadMod

wheelhop is a problem in MOST irs setups on the dragstrip......and in most liveaxle cars with screwed up setups too

Quote:
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 AM   #75
radialtireking
8 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPERFORMANCE View Post
Wait a second, I have a an IROC with t-tops and a 350.. Wanna race?

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge