Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 07-30-2019, 12:12 PM   #1
RamblerRacer

1979 TA RestoMod Lite

I listed a bunch of parts yesterday in the Classified Section that I hope will help out some other members with 2nd Gen Firebirds, and I since I'm going to start hitting the bodywork hard >>> I'll start a project thread too.

Here is a link to my ride profile.
http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthread.php?t=67356
It's a '79 400 / 4spd / T-Top car.
The 400 is long gone and replaced with a 455, and the trans is now a TKO600.
It has a FiTech 600 Power Adder throttle body, and some frame stiffening mods.

It will be painted Switchblade Silver >>> a GM color I also painted the Spirit in my avatar. I'm not going to go full restomod on it but upgrade as much as possible and keep it sort of vintage but modernized TA.

I scored a '80 Firebird with mint doors and the hard-top we are going to replace the T-Tops with on the Camaro my cousin has that runs 9.10's. Some good parts that I don't need came along with it so I am hoping to pass them along for cheap to help out someone else with their project. I'll add some pics of the parts and TA later. Just as I was pulling some parts a mint '77 or '78 went past >>> black w/ an auto driving thru Midland Park NJ.

Thanks for looking
JT

Last edited by RamblerRacer; 07-30-2019 at 12:12 PM.
RamblerRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 07:00 AM   #2
TaKid455

Why switch the roofs? You can build them fairly ridgid today with the T roof. Also, it gives you more head room for the helmet. Most aftermarket seats sit slightly higher than stock seats. Mainly due to the denser foam used today. I've done the roof swaps before. Not terrible if you know what you're doing.

Keep us posted on the progress
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 09:07 AM   #3
RamblerRacer

It just seemed more straightforward to graft in a whole roof. The parts car came up on CL, and I picked it up last week. Most of the body is roached except for the doors which are solid. The door glass is good too. Not getting any hits on the ad I posted which is unfortunate. I'll keep the floor pans and the spare until somebody needs them, but I don't have room to store the dash. I cant get my imgur account to work to post pics yet. I'll get some on soon

JT
Old 07-31-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
RamblerRacer

Just re-read your post and question >>> did you mean leave the T-tops?
The car getting the roof swap goes through the traps at almost 150 MPH. The T-tops are being held in with gorilla tape and my cousin wants a solid roof.

JT

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects