Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 10-05-2020, 12:46 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Atco Test-and-Tune Friday october 9th

I am considering making the drive down to Atco this upcoming Friday for the Test-and-tune.

Not too many weekends left this year, and I want to make some passes at Atco before it closes or gets sold.

http://atcodragway.rocks/2020-calendar-34/

My timing this week (and the weather) makes it best for me to go down for a Friday afternoon/night session, so that is what I am thinking of doing. Wanted to see if there was any interest from others. Also, since I have only been there as a spectator, anything different at Atco or things I should be aware of?

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

I haven't been there since before Covid so Im not sure how things are workin there.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Stay on the gas a bit past the top of the track lot more shut down compared to island
Old 10-07-2020, 08:41 PM   #4
jmi88SC

Hey Dave, I’m hoping to go Friday night and run. Was there 3 weeks ago on a Friday night & had a great time. There was a real good turnout and made 4 passes in about 3.5 hrs.

I agree on trying to make it a point to run there as it may be the last hurrah.

Joe
jmi88SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 07:17 PM   #5
IROCZman15

awesome. Yup I am 95% set to go. Got to take care of a few things tomorrow and I plan on leaving my house early so that I can beat the Friday NJ traffic. I printed out the COVID waiver and checked the track's phone "race hotline" and it is just $35 for Test and Tune. Gates open at 4:30,racing starts at 5:30 and runs until 10-11 pm depending on car count and weather conditions

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-08-2020 at 07:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2020, 06:10 AM   #6
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

So, how'd it go?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 09:53 AM   #7
IROCZman15

I would definitely say it was a successful trip. 13 hours from the time I left my house at 1pm until I got back at 1:50 am. Slightly improved on my best ET by a tiny bit and best mph by a slight bit also. Car drove great on the way there and the ride home; no mechanical issues whatsoever. Got 5 passes in, and I am certain that I have found the optimal ignition timing at WOT and the best target AFR at WOT. Still have to scientifically figure out my shift points, I will post some tech stuff about that on my build thread.

I'll be doing my usual full big writeup within the next day or so once I upload videos/photos, datalogs, tune files, and write in my log books.

The track was crowded, lots of cars racing and people hanging out. Hungout with Joe (jmi88sc) in the pits for a bit too! While, talking to various people, there was discussion about the impending track closure and what will happen still remains unclear. I am very glad that I got to cross "make some passes at Atco" off of my lifetime bucket list.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-11-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:14 PM   #8
IROCZman15

I will post my personal track-day writeup in my build thread: http://www.njfboa.org/forums/showthr...t=69033&page=9 so all the details can remain there and stay on topic, but here are some quick photos I took during the TnT session. I didn't spend too much time taking photos or videos of the other cars at the track so I don't have too much media this time, but I'll post what I have. All photos can be viewed in my photo album :
https://www.flickr.com/photos/iroczm...h/50448437311/

I did like this car, and would have like to make a pass against him, would have made a cool video if I had a good run. according to his father it usually runs mid 11's and they were just on the line of needing a roll bar. 383 stroker with a 12 bolt.

Things seemed to move somewhat slow on Friday night. there were a few oil downs, but the overall pace of how quickly they were sending cars down the strip seemed slow, especially for the amount of cars that were always in the staging lanes.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing