Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #76
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

get rid of the boy-racer tear drop design on the llights and the black side vent and it would look decent.

and who else this the vette flags are starting to look like a screaming chicken stollen off smokeys t/a?
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #77
coolmanvette75
12 Second Club / Bullwinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post

as seen on

http://www.corvetteonline.com/news/i...e-c7-corvette/

i really cant stand it. i like the tails on the camaro but not the vette
Pretty crazy how accurate the Jalopnik rendering is...

Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
who is FFB?
An NJFBOA legend. Ask about him at the next meet.
coolmanvette75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #78
BigAls87Z28

Remember when I said Jalopnik's rendering is 99% right?

Yeah.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #79
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacdout96 View Post
I think your being a little excessive with the GM love. There are some things Al that we can certainly agree on, but when 8 out of 10 people are already disappointed by what the newest renderings are, it says something, that maybe GM should focus on making it a new generation Corvette instead of trying to make it the next chapter in the sports car world. I understand that GM will use certain styling cue's throughout their line ups (i.e. tail lights) but just like Aston Martin's newest Zagato, they reused the Nissan GTR's side window strake, which certainly knocks it down a couple of notches for not being original.
Oh, so I guess if you love the way the car looks, you must hug GM nuts, but if you don't, you are right? This is how this plays out every time. I cannot possibly have a say in anything because I automatically pick a GM vehicle over anything else right? My opinion is instantaneously thrown out because I don't agree with 8 out of 10 people in this thread?

Who gives a **** if they used a similar DLO design for a rear window? It's a design element that has NEVER made it to any production Corvette. I guess it's not original because they didn't design some fancy window opening? But I guess when they tried to break out from the design and push the envelope, they are stupid and should rethink it.

Listening to people like the 8 out of 10 in this thread would cause the car to lose 50% of its handling, most of its features, gain a big block and probably a live axle.

Quote:
I don't know how to explain the rear, but it looks like it was squashed together, instead of flaring out, giving it a disproportional look. I'm guessing they are going for a little more european flare, but they'd be best to stick with the wide hips. I'm guessing it deals with the tail lights, their grouped too close together. Hopefully these are nothing but guess, or first round renderings, and that they improve upon the proportions.
Nothing European about that car. Ferrari? Okay, I can see it, but Ferrari has always lead the design in performance coupes.
They shrunk the width to make it more appealing to European tastes, yet they didn't want to give up on the look, hence the heavily revised tail end and rear glass.

None of this is first round renderings. The Detroit Auto Show is in 4 months, this IS it.

Quote:
The Viper Has been hanging on kids walls since it's renderings and unveiling in 1989, and has done nothing but made tongues in peoples mouth roll out. I will say that the most recent generation before production was ceased was not to my liking, and was bland, but a first generation GTS will always be on my want list till the day I'm rolling in the dirt 6 feet under. This current generation that I got the chance to see at the NYIAS and at Laguna Seca in both road and race form, I spent a combined amount of time of about 30 minutes looking at them, and I would of looked more but the wife was getting impatient. I can guarentee you that this current generation Viper will only be gray if you paint it that color.
Viper is two generations behind Corvette, and now there is a C7 coming out that will push it further.

Quote:
And to compare the Viper to the Corvette is really Apples to oranges. The Viper is an exotic, and the Corvette is an affordable sports car, enough said.
Two door, two seat, long nose, short deck sports car made in America by an American car company, with a high horsepower engine won't be compared?
And Viper an exotic? Pushing it with that comment.

The biggest thing that will separate the two will be price, and that's only until ZR1 comes back out.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #80
Mike
BadMod

Now that I see a full car shot I don't hate it. I do wish the taillights were different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:43 AM   #81
Blacdout96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Oh, so I guess if you love the way the car looks, you must hug GM nuts, but if you don't, you are right? This is how this plays out every time. I cannot possibly have a say in anything because I automatically pick a GM vehicle over anything else right? My opinion is instantaneously thrown out because I don't agree with 8 out of 10 people in this thread?
Not really, because if I was along with 8 out of 10 people that like it, then it would be a general approval of the car, not a nut swinging fest. You do have a say, but you instantly go into defense mode if anybody has anything less then a positive remark about it instead of maybe laying back a little and letting it slide, and that's what posts you as a uber GM fanboi compared to a large majority on this site, and that will slant your answers somewhat.

It would be like having a Ford fan signing up, and any new Ford model that comes out, especially the Mustang, he would do nothing but run up and down the forums proclaiming how much better it is compared to (insert GM model) and is rewriting history. And if anybody was to disagree, pants would be unzipping, and a penis fight would ensue. I learned at a young age that you may have something in common with friends and family, but even pushing what it is on them annoys them, and can lessen the interest of those people. It's just best to let it out in small doses to keep the excitement strong.

Quote:
Who gives a **** if they used a similar DLO design for a rear window? It's a design element that has NEVER made it to any production Corvette. I guess it's not original because they didn't design some fancy window opening? But I guess when they tried to break out from the design and push the envelope, they are stupid and should rethink it.
Well.....yeah actually.

Quote:
Listening to people like the 8 out of 10 in this thread would cause the car to lose 50% of its handling, most of its features, gain a big block and probably a live axle.
I don't see a single person on here complaining about any of the other information so far provided, such as the LT series engines and power numbers, nor have I ever heard anybody complain about Corvette suspension, but 50% or more of people do usually buy a car because it looks good.
However, seeing the recent photo showing both the side and rear, the side looks great, but the rear looks to be designed with a straight line ruler, which is a shame because it throws off the rest of the lines.
Quote:
Nothing European about that car. Ferrari? Okay, I can see it, but Ferrari has always lead the design in performance coupes.
They shrunk the width to make it more appealing to European tastes, yet they didn't want to give up on the look, hence the heavily revised tail end and rear glass.
That's exactly what I heard, that there was some emphasis to slim the rear slightly to assist in seeing past the rear fenders and to be a little friendlier to European purchasers, so yes that is agreeable, but I feel the lights should of been pushed out a little farther to present the wide stance.

Quote:
Two door, two seat, long nose, short deck sports car made in America by an American car company, with a high horsepower engine won't be compared?
And Viper an exotic? Pushing it with that comment.
Not at all pushing it. The Viper has been given some Italiano flair thanks to Fiat ( though that's not saying it wasn't exotic before) But exotic to me besides where it may be coming from, is the availability, build numbers, and just how common place they are in every day life. Of course the Corvette is going to have more on the road, they have about 40 years on them, and price wise, the Corvette is a bargain, but certainly with low numbers, especially compare to the Corvette, the Viper is an exotic, no doubt.

I just want to say to the mods, please do not lock this thread. This is not an internet tough guy fight by any means, nor am I "trolling". I find this conversation interesting, and I enjoy debating with Al. I'm sure Al understand what kind of back round I an strong in, just as much as I understand that his back round is deep within GM. I do hope to continue this discussion, and I'm sure this discussion may raise questions and answers for fellow members.

Quote:
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?

Last edited by Blacdout96; 09-29-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM   #82
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Side render looks 100x better than that of the rear. That rear shot is just truly rough to look at. For some reason it reminds me of an XLR rear. Like the budget ran out after the quarter panels were designed.

I for one will not lock it until it gets down to personal attacks and insults. I'll let the sweeping generalities go for now too
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #83
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
That rear shot is just truly rough to look at. For some reason it reminds me of an XLR rear. Like the budget ran out after the quarter panels were designed.
now thats just being mean, I LOVE the XLR!!!

Last edited by V; 09-29-2012 at 11:09 AM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #84
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
you and a handful of 80+ year old men, based on who i see driving those cars

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #85
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Stick with the cts. Xlr can't beat most of our cars

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:59 PM   #86
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
you and a handful of 80+ year old men, based on who i see driving those cars
I saw John Force in one. That means the opposite of what you might think.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #87
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Not really, because if I was along with 8 out of 10 people that like it, then it would be a general approval of the car, not a nut swinging fest. You do have a say, but you instantly go into defense mode if anybody has anything less then a positive remark about it instead of maybe laying back a little and letting it slide, and that's what posts you as a uber GM fanboi compared to a large majority on this site, and that will slant your answers somewhat.
I wasn't saying anything in defense, I just rolled my eyes at everyone complaining about the design of this car.

Quote:
I don't see a single person on here complaining about any of the other information so far provided, such as the LT series engines and power numbers, nor have I ever heard anybody complain about Corvette suspension, but 50% or more of people do usually buy a car because it looks good.
However, seeing the recent photo showing both the side and rear, the side looks great, but the rear looks to be designed with a straight line ruler, which is a shame because it throws off the rest of the lines.
We'll see....

Quote:
Not at all pushing it. The Viper has been given some Italiano flair thanks to Fiat ( though that's not saying it wasn't exotic before) But exotic to me besides where it may be coming from, is the availability, build numbers, and just how common place they are in every day life. Of course the Corvette is going to have more on the road, they have about 40 years on them, and price wise, the Corvette is a bargain, but certainly with low numbers, especially compare to the Corvette
Italian flair? That's a nice thing for people to say, but there is NO Italian in this car. Sure, Chrysler can play up the whole Fiat angle, but there is nothing Italian about this car. Just because you visited Olive Garden doesn't make you Italian.
Viper is a fantastic looking car and it will be a great driving car, but I don't buy into the Italian thing and that's a good thing.
Old 09-30-2012, 02:26 AM   #88
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Stick with the cts. Xlr can't beat most of our cars
xlr-v... 422hp
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #89
donnj

any late C1 will do it for me, hands down....fawn beige with white scallops to be exact. Gotta love the vids like this one, probably makes the purists lose sleep at night
donnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #90
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

i love the look of the C7 and everything about it. The Taillights make it look so mean. you really think GM is gunna build a completly redesigned car and just throw some plain old round lamps out back ? im a huge fan of the C7
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #91
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
i love the look of the C7 and everything about it. The Taillights make it look so mean. you really think GM is gunna build a completly redesigned car and just throw some plain old round lamps out back ? im a huge fan of the C7
What a fanboi
Old 10-02-2012, 12:41 PM   #92
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
i love the look of the C7 and everything about it. The Taillights make it look so mean.you really think GM is gunna build a completly redesigned car and just throw some plain old round lamps out back ? im a huge fan of the C7
They did for every other generation

Quote:
Old 11-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #93
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

And on the page of new cars, why hasn't BigPal cued us in on the ELR?

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 11-17-2012 at 08:58 AM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 AM   #94
OG

Old 11-17-2012, 11:23 PM   #95
BigAls87Z28

Clue you in brah? Where have you been? They announced production over a year ago, snap out of it.

ELR is like a 2dr Volt. Only much better interior and will be more sport-oriented.
Old 11-18-2012, 12:07 AM   #96
Blacdout96

So uh....is the Corvette sporting Pep Boy's Audi light strip that follows the bottom and side(s) of the headlamp assembly? How original.

Quote:

Last edited by Blacdout96; 11-18-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #97
NastyEllEssWon

lol if you look at the rear valance and the tails, it kinda looks like a sad face crying with tears streaming out of the eyes on the side. it just looks sad.

on a side note Al, its funny that you talk up every gm product no matter how crappy it looks. im still waiting for you to come home from the dealership with a 5th gen with how much you touted them being the next big thing...instead you came home with an impalibu
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #98
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
So uh....is the Corvette sporting Pep Boy's Audi light strip that follows the bottom and side(s) of the headlamp assembly? How original.
I don't think we will see that design, but maybe copying the halo style from Camaro.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM   #99
Blacdout96

I like the halo look, makes it look moar menacing

Quote:
Old 11-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #100
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

ive been following this for a bit. did not like the look of those rear-end concept pics. AT ALL

that last side shot of the silver one above does make me much more of a fan. i'll never be able to afford one ever, but i don't see gm letting the purists down too much, nor do i see them allowing the car to become too european. i think (and hope) that it will turn out as another generation of awesome corvette models.

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge