Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge

Notices

Old 03-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #26
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
melissa's car is a runner, thats for sure. i'm proud and happy for her and i can't wait till she hits the modding bug
i don tthink the modding bug is gonna hit with this car.. as tempting as it is to try and break it into the 12s, i want to keep it as stock and as nice as possible, even still.. the clutch took a beating and a half this weekend, i ended up running it on saturday too, just to stage it in the class i usually run my dragster in and get my first roudn points. the class break is 11.99, so thats what i had to dial in.. knowing i was a sitting duck, i just wanted to stage first round and be done.. by a twist of luck, the first guy i ran never lifted and broke out, so i was on to 2nd round, that guy red lit, so 3rd and final round it was.. i also made it to the final round in street, after 9 runs, 6 of which were round robin, i could smell the clutch horribly.. time to start using that warranty!!

i dont want any of the problems/rattles or expense that come with the modding bug, thats what i will have my 81 ls1 swap for after i make some payments and get myself situated financially.

thanks for all the props guys
Old 03-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #27
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
i really don't see how letting you drive/break someone else's car makes it any faster. lol
i woudl take a hydraulic clutch over any of the mechanical set ups. you can have a much stronger holding clutch without having to be a body builder to push the peddle down like in the old days. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 07:05 AM   #28
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

please get a new clutch and shifter

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:56 AM   #29
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

if nothing else, at least a lid and some free mods please
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #30
Batman
11 Second Club

I'd leave it alone Diva, too nice and too rare of a color to F it up. For the track i think when your clutch is shot get anice upgrade like a centerforce or something just a little better then stock, maybe some drag radials and do the drill mod on the clutch master just to fix the hydraulics. Apart from that' I'd leave it alone unless something breaks on it. That will get someone with your driving skills easily into the 12's. Hell Iw ent 12.899 in mine bone stock and I am not that good of a shifter so you won't have a problem.
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123

Last edited by Batman; 03-21-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Racer's Lounge