Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-29-2005, 01:59 PM   #1
karr95

Oil Pan

I have a 95 TA and I am going to be getting some front end engine work. Basically the timing cover and the associated gaskets (opti, waterpump, crank, etc.).

Anyway, the place that is gonna do it would like to replace my oil pan as well. It is currently leaking a little and since they gotta move it a little when they do the timing cover they might as well drop it and put in a new one. Should I get a stock replacement or something that can hold an extra quart of oil?

In either case, you guys know any good websites where I could get one?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2005, 04:35 PM   #2
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

is there something wrong with the pan itself, or can you just replace the gasket?
Old 06-29-2005, 04:48 PM   #3
karr95

To the best of my knowledge there is nothing wrong with the pan. I believe it is just the gasket around it that is leaking.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:19 PM   #4
JerzLT1

heh ummm ask how much theyre gonna charge you to do that cause its not a fun job and its a little time consuming. in a 96 V6 i had to unbolt the motor mounts and lift the motor to get it off
Old 06-30-2005, 07:48 AM   #5
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I'm running a Caton oil Pan + pick-up. It holds an extra quart of oil and also has a fitting for the oil temp sensor. I think it cost about $300. I would think you need to raise the engine 4-5" or drop the cross member in order to install a new pan.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning