Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-28-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
camaro2you

Gonna need some help and loaner parts

Hey guys, im gonna have my engine and tranny here in a few weeks and before i put all the electronics on it i want to run it with a regular carb. Im gonna need a clutch fan and the pully for the water pump, carb, and will i be able to just hook up the starter wires and the wires that go to the distributer and start it? Im also gonna need some help puttin the distributer in the right way. I need to pick up my fuel pump and gas tank and get my brake parts and rest of my suspension here soon as possible. I need to sell my blaster and gocart so i can get the cash. I could also use a set of headers for loaners for the first start up then ill take them off. thanks
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM   #2
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I got a Carb, and set of headers but i doubt the headers will fit your car. Let me know when maybe i can come down and give ya a hand. later

Jon
Old 06-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #3
camaro2you

im guessing in like three weeks i got like 3000 in parts to buy and im trying to sell my stuff fast. ill let ya know, thanks.
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Re: Gonna need some help and loaner parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2you
Im gonna need a clutch fand and pully for it

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 11:24 PM   #5
V
Stalker

It seems you need to do some more research before you buy anything.
first off, you say "electronics"...what type? ignition or fuel injection? if fuel injection, then youll just have to buy another pump once you install the FI if you use a mechanical pump now for the carb. also the belt system matters, will you be running serp. like tpi cars or v belts? If you are doing fuel injection, why are you buying a engine driven fan, most FI systems control electric fans, that means different fans and shrouds will be needed. and then the whole starter wires to distributor question... first, are you running mechanical advance, any type of computer or some HEI? on some hei there are only 2 wires. i could go on more but for now i'll just say, wait till you have it all set in front of you how it will be..."electronics" and all, dont try to mess around with halfassing it to run...if you do, i garuntee you it will be more money, time and problems. just my 2 cents.
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning