Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #1
95formula
14 Second Club

Headers?

What type or brand makes the best headers or ones that are worth the money for a 95 Formula?
95formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Dunno really who makes THE BEST headers for an LT1 car, thats a toss up. But its my opinion that any header that you do get comes CERAMIC Coated.

Personally I plan on going with Emmision Compatable Arizona Speed & Marina coated headers with a off-road y-pipe.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:56 PM   #3
coldkilla

any shorties are a waste of money, long tubes are legal here but if you dont care then i here a lot of people like the hooker and pacesetter ones. the best bet is to go mid length. they are legal and if you buy from the right company, almost as good as long tubes. the as&m ones are the best, i just bought a set of MAC mid lengths with y pipe for 400 they are just about as good as the as&m ones but 300 bucks or so less. now i have to ship them off to jet-hot for coating and that will cost about 200 but it needs to be done. do not run uncoated headers in an lt1 car or you will turn the engine bay into a blast furnace with lots of melted plastic! jet-hot is the best hands down.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 05:27 PM   #4
Batman
11 Second Club

Emissions legal headers and an off road Y-pipe? If you are taking the Cat(s) off why bother with emissions headers?
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning