Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 08:39 AM   #1
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Running shoes

So I'm looking at picking up another pair or two of running shoes. I really like my lightweight current Adidas ones but they're getting pretty worn. I had light Avia's before this and they were pretty nice as well.

I've been thinking of trying the Underarmour shoes and the Vibram 5 Fingers. Anyone have any experience with either of these?

I will probably be picking up two pair of shoes so the question is not whether you would choose Vibram over UA or vice versa - it's just your opinions or experiences with either shoe.

Thanks.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:01 AM   #2
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/

Go there, get fitted. End thread.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Interesting, they don't have Underamour brand on their website and only have 2 of the styles of Vibrams. May have to stop by the Paramus store on Sunday after the Heart walk.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 10-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
WildBillyT

Nick, I'm not being dismissive, either. You can get a gait analysis/pressure test and get fitted for the exact shoes that are best fit for your foot. They may be a brand you never thought of trying.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Nick, I'm not being dismissive, either. You can get a gait analysis/pressure test and get fitted for the exact shoes that are best fit for your foot. They may be a brand you never thought of trying.
I know, I remembered you or Justin mentioning a store like that, that's why I asked before I bought anything . Now that I'm starting to get more serious I wanted to make sure I'm buying a really good quality shoe that really works.
Team FARM
Old 10-14-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
WildBillyT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
I know, I remembered you or Justin mentioning a store like that, that's why I asked before I bought anything . Now that I'm starting to get more serious I wanted to make sure I'm buying a really good quality shoe that really works.
If you are going to start knocking off a lot of miles, department store or sporting goods store shoes are out. Injury prevention FTW.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #7
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
If you are going to start knocking off a lot of miles, department store or sporting goods store shoes are out. Injury prevention FTW.
Yeah, now that I run several miles during my lunch hour most days, plus sometimes at night, I want to get the right pair.
Team FARM
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #8
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

ive gone through 5+ pairs of sauconys as trainers. never failed me. i always went to runner high in metuchen or newport. i began running befor road runner sports opened so i stayed loyal to my place. i feel like road runner sports is a bunch of mumbo jumbo. they gather all this info about how you run and then give you a handful of shoes to pick, which in reality a person with experience eyes could just look at your feet and tell you that you should wear these shoes. i guess what im tyring to say is that whole 1.5 hours they are testing your feet would only benefit if you are getting a custom shoe made for you.

i got shoes that felt good when i ran (they let you try on and test any shoe you want) and what the owner suggested. i got one pair and wore the same brand/style for over 5 years and never had a problem. if you find any running store they would be able to direct you towards the proper shoe regardless of weither or not they have that fancy gimmicky foot tester. but whatever you do dont got to dicks/sports authority/ or order online unless you have established that is the shoe that is comfortable and dont go shopping for a specific brand.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #9
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I'm actually about to pick up a pair of these:

Vibram 5-Fingers
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/VFF102/

Also keep a pair of regular running sneakers too.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Learned a lot. I have a high arch in my left foot and run heel first with a perfectly straight foot. I have an almost flat right foot, that goes slightly heel first, with toes a hair pointed outward. I have flexible Achilles in both legs. They recommended support+ since my Achilles are so flexible. Also got arches for the soles.

Definitely recommend going there if you do any kind of measurable running. Big difference.
Team FARM

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge