Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-30-2005, 09:49 AM   #26
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I was working on my boat motor at the time so I never even saw the post until later. I wouldn't have made it anyway. So how many people ended up a the Jackson Outlets Cruise night last night? I posted that earlier in the week so people had plenty of time. It's a gathering that happens only 5 times a year so it's kind of weak to use an excuse to miss it. We really need more of these impromptu gatherings.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:15 AM   #27
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable bob gable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
C'mon Bob - 3 hours notice is tough for some people.

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road

- Justin
Riddle me this, J...does "some people" equal "all people?"

I've seen this trend waaaaaaaay too many times in the past. One of the most famous "cluster fooks" in my memory is of an F body guy calling for a weekend cruise to a rib joint. Got so much lip service it sounded like 800 bazillion peeps were gonna show up. Welp, maybe like 5 cars showed! And the real kicker was that the fat fook who called the cruise didn't show! And he got all pizzy when I got in his face about it! unstable bob thinks it is a load of crap that ricers can call for a meet w/o any time frame, and ya get a bunch of fart pipers showing up. An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot!
Bob I think you are taking this way out of proportion... 3 hours is really not sufficient time for most people to make it to an even. I'm a member of many different forums and online groups, and the results are the same across the board... many events get a lot of lip service, with only a few showers, but that's how it goes for most online groups. Not everyone can make everything.
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #28
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
What is really amusing is how people will defend not going to something that is supposed to be a showing of a common interest and unity.

Was 3 hours short notice? Maybe. Are people expected to be on the boards 24/7? No. But the way I see it is this: a meet is a meet. People start blowing off the short notice ones, and other people blow off the long notice ones. The people that DO SHOW start to say "WTF? Why should I show up if nobody else gives a crap?" Then pretty soon you have an extict club like the faded out CJCFBO {or whatever the call letters were} that I was kinda a founding member of.

Just looking at the facts! But at least I got to meet Mike {nice dood!} and see Tim again, and have to listen to his jibber jabber about how AMCs suck...
I disagree with that... the purpose of forums is to share info with each other regarding a common interest... meets are an added bonus. The forums could probably still survive even without the concept of monthly (or even short notice) meets. There are many other meets this forum has that has great turnouts, imo.

I (among others) have made many friends from this forum and we hang out regularly aside from the meets. I don't think that the 3 hr short notice one being a flop is going to burn this club to the ground.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:27 AM   #29
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
I guess I don't have a life...
Sorry to hear about that. lol
Old 08-01-2005, 11:56 PM   #30
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPiZZiJP
I disagree with that... the purpose of forums is to share info with each other regarding a common interest... meets are an added bonus. The forums could probably still survive even without the concept of monthly (or even short notice) meets. There are many other meets this forum has that has great turnouts, imo.

I (among others) have made many friends from this forum and we hang out regularly aside from the meets. I don't think that the 3 hr short notice one being a flop is going to burn this club to the ground.

Just my 2 cents.
Sir,
You posted your rebuttal in a very articulate manner and presented your
facts in a very comprehensive way, and that to me makes you worth listening to. You are not wrong in what you are saying. But I am appalled that some people would go out of their way to be azzholeous humongous to the fact that I posted in a negative manner to the lack of a turnout. This is my "reentry" into the F Body world, and to be honest I was asked by another member {Pampered Z} to make a showing here. I didn't just stumble in for the sake of something to do. I can get on a high horse too, and talk about how important my time is, and how busy I am. But I won't. I just call 'em like I see 'em. And I still believe that there could have been a better showing...3 hours or 3 minutes notice. And these will be the final words I have to say about this issue.
Thank you.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T: Gran'pa lookin' 150+ mph turbo rocket.

2013 Dodge Avenger RT: Wastelands cruiser.

2008 Crown Vic Police Interceptor: 'Nuff said!

THE ONLY THING THAT SUCKS WORSE THEN IMPORTS ARE RICED OUT IMPORTS!!!
unstable bob gable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 12:17 AM   #31
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road

- Justin
Riddle me this, J...does "some people" equal "all people?"

I've seen this trend waaaaaaaay too many times in the past. One of the most famous "cluster fooks" in my memory is of an F body guy calling for a weekend cruise to a rib joint. Got so much lip service it sounded like 800 bazillion peeps were gonna show up. Welp, maybe like 5 cars showed! And the real kicker was that the fat fook who called the cruise didn't show! And he got all pizzy when I got in his face about it! unstable bob thinks it is a load of crap that ricers can call for a meet w/o any time frame, and ya get a bunch of fart pipers showing up. An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot!
Bob I think you are taking this way out of proportion... 3 hours is really not sufficient time for most people to make it to an even. I'm a member of many different forums and online groups, and the results are the same across the board... many events get a lot of lip service, with only a few showers, but that's how it goes for most online groups. Not everyone can make everything.
You're spread too thin.
Pick a few clubs you can commit too and they'll reward you better than trying to do too much. It's something I've had to do over the years and as much as I miss stuff I can usually look back and say wow, I'm glad I got out when I did. That would have been a waste of my time if I had hung out for longer.
Quote:
Quote:
What is really amusing is how people will defend not going to something that is supposed to be a showing of a common interest and unity.

Was 3 hours short notice? Maybe. Are people expected to be on the boards 24/7? No. But the way I see it is this: a meet is a meet. People start blowing off the short notice ones, and other people blow off the long notice ones. The people that DO SHOW start to say "WTF? Why should I show up if nobody else gives a crap?" Then pretty soon you have an extict club like the faded out CJCFBO {or whatever the call letters were} that I was kinda a founding member of.

Just looking at the facts! But at least I got to meet Mike {nice dood!} and see Tim again, and have to listen to his jibber jabber about how AMCs suck...

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I don't think missing small meets is going to burn the club down to nothing but coming up with a bunch of excuses like we've all been doing isn't doing anybody any good. I'll be the first to admit that I've missed some meets for no good reason. I could have done the meets and looking back I wish I would have! Joe, you're an awesome guy and meeting you at the B-ball game was great. I had a great time even if the seats we sat in were far from promised . We need more meets like that because face it, this club kicks ass compared to the rest of the BS you find in this state. I don't even know what else is out there worth investigating... heck, without NJFBOA I'd probably be filling in my time gaps coaching some shmucks stuck up bratty kid... I'd like to leave that up to the guys that are doing community service!
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 04:48 AM   #32
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
Sir,
You posted your rebuttal in a very articulate manner and presented your
facts in a very comprehensive way, and that to me makes you worth listening to. You are not wrong in what you are saying. But I am appalled that some people would go out of their way to be azzholeous humongous to the fact that I posted in a negative manner to the lack of a turnout. This is my "reentry" into the F Body world, and to be honest I was asked by another member {Pampered Z} to make a showing here. I didn't just stumble in for the sake of something to do. I can get on a high horse too, and talk about how important my time is, and how busy I am. But I won't. I just call 'em like I see 'em. And I still believe that there could have been a better showing...3 hours or 3 minutes notice. And these will be the final words I have to say about this issue.
Thank you.
Thanks for the recognition. I believe that arguments/disputes truly is a form of art... many of my friends still think I should pursue a career in law. Glad you didn't take it personally, as arguments should never be taken personally.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:07 AM   #33
JPiZZiJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Besides, I was home working on getting my F-body on the road Â*

- Justin
Riddle me this, J...does "some people" equal "all people?" Â*

I've seen this trend waaaaaaaay too many times in the past. One of the most famous "cluster fooks" in my memory is of an F body guy calling for a weekend cruise to a rib joint. Got so much lip service it sounded like 800 bazillion peeps were gonna show up. Welp, maybe like 5 cars showed! And the real kicker was that the fat fook who called the cruise didn't show! And he got all pizzy when I got in his face about it! unstable bob thinks it is a load of crap that ricers can call for a meet w/o any time frame, and ya get a bunch of fart pipers showing up. An F body guy calls a meet, and ya get friggin' tumble weeds rollin' across the parking lot! Â*
Bob I think you are taking this way out of proportion... 3 hours is really not sufficient time for most people to make it to an even. I'm a member of Â*many different forums and online groups, and the results are the same across the board... many events get a lot of lip service, with only a few showers, but that's how it goes for most online groups. Not everyone can make everything.
You're spread too thin.
Pick a few clubs you can commit too and they'll reward you better than trying to do too much. It's something I've had to do over the years and as much as I miss stuff I can usually look back and say wow, I'm glad I got out when I did. That would have been a waste of my time if I had hung out for longer.
I guess I overembellish... when I say "many", most of the "many" groups I'm a part of are on MySpace, which includes people from all over the country. I seriously doubt any of those groups could ever put together a meet. I have about 3 that I really commit to, NJFBOA, a Third Eye Blind forum (cause they're my favorite band), and then there's my kinky sex club (but we don't talk about that one lol j/k).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Quote:
Quote:

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I don't think missing small meets is going to burn the club down to nothing but coming up with a bunch of excuses like we've all been doing isn't doing anybody any good. I'll be the first to admit that I've missed some meets for no good reason. I could have done the meets and looking back I wish I would have! Joe, you're an awesome guy and meeting you at the B-ball game was great. I had a great time even if the seats we sat in were far from promised . We need more meets like that because face it, this club kicks ass compared to the rest of the BS you find in this state. I don't even know what else is out there worth investigating... heck, without NJFBOA I'd probably be filling in my time gaps coaching some shmucks stuck up bratty kid... I'd like to leave that up to the guys that are doing community service!
Well hey now I never "promised" great seats.. lol. We all got shortchanged... I hated the fact we had to sit in the hot outfield as opposed to a exec suite Â*But yes, this is an awesome club, which is why I keep coming back. Overall, I really just think that aside from some of the reasons people have been using/coming up with to not make meets, even if they are lame excuses, we should still respect the fact that everyone on here still has a life outside of the computer box.

Not to sound uber-fruity either, but we all need to respect each other's time and lifestyles; some people have odd job schedules, others have kids, others are in school, etc. etc. We've got a very eclectic group base here, old and young, f-body drivers to *ahem* mustank drivers :P, men and women alike, and surprisingly, I think this is the first time I've seen any real sign of a lack of understanding (not that it's even really a big deal, though).

Again, just my opinion, if you don't like it, **** off hehe
Old 08-02-2005, 08:25 AM   #34
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Wow....calm down guys.

To the three of you that went, I'm glad that you had a good time.

To those that either couldn't go, or didn't see the post in time (like me), sucks to be you, hopefully you'll catch the next one.

End of story. I won't lock this since civil talk has resumed.....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:14 AM   #35
BigAls87Z28

You guys can make it up by coming down to Toms River Saturday night.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #36
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Gimme an address...

Old 08-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #37
Koll
14 Second Club

Quote:
Quote:
Gimme an address...
Small Wawa
Koll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #38
unstable bob gable
American Road Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koll
Quote:
Quote:
Gimme an address...
Small Wawa
Can jah be mo' 'pacific? Like where in Tommy's Riva it is located, and wha' time?

Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #39
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Can jah be mo' 'pacific? Like where in Tommy's Riva it is located, and wha' time?
The small Wawa is on Rt. 37W in a little strip mall with a pizza place and something else. Take Rt. 9 south to 37E, and then kick a U turn right after you pass the Wawa (don't remember the name of the street).

Guys meet up there 10:30ish? and then cruise to the bus depot (5ish mins away) and chill there till whenever.

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 10:28 AM   #40
BigAls87Z28

Actualy, thats the parkway till exit 82, Rt37 EAST. At that point, call my cell...908-433-6842

We meet up at 10-11, and then cruse over to the Depot and hang out there.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge