Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 03-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
nmelone21

a4 trans questions

ive known for a while that i would need a trans rebuild soon, just didnt think it would come this soon..the car has only got 63k on it, which confuses the hell out of me why the trans is slipping so badly..its been babied since day 1.i bought the car off a woman in a 55 and older community 5k ago. im tight on money, so im just going to go for the rebuild,rather than new.
id like to do a shift kit.a few locals have told me SLPs is a safe bet, but i would like some more opinions.also, if i can come up with the money, i was thinking of doing a converter also...any suggestions on what kind

thanks
nmelone21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #2
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

As far as automatic transmissions go, there are no new units, closest would be factory reman.

Before you look at shift kits or anything do you have custom tuning installed? Are the shifts changed in the program?

There are many areas in the 4l60e that can be modified or changed to increase durability so try to include that in your budget.

As far as converters go I may be biased but the Vigilante by Precision is the best unit available on the market in my opinion and in ls1 cars gains up to and including 1 full second in et. are not uncommon.

I can do the job from start to finish for you feel free to give a call to schedule an appointment.

Josh
JS Performance
215-783-4645

Last edited by JSPERFORMANCE; 03-13-2008 at 12:26 AM.
JSPERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline