Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 07-01-2007, 09:27 AM   #1
CALL911

12 year old LT1 Z28 vs Twin Turbo C5...

To be more specific, the C5 is a stock bottom end car, LS6 intake, full bolt ons, Methanol Injected, ect, and the LT1 is a 383, FMIC, D1SC. Both cars are over 500 RWHP.

Enjoy!

Click here to see Video

95 Z28 M6, 383, D1SC, FMIC, ect., ect., 614 RWHP with the stock PCM and pump gas!

98 Formula WS6 M6
CALL911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #2
Blacdout96

nice, very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Featherburner

Looks like Fastbird's vette is pretty quick. Granted not 600 hp quick. I bet it was fun though.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:18 AM   #4
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

very nice
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #5
CALL911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherburner View Post
Looks like Fastbird's vette is pretty quick. Granted not 600 hp quick. I bet it was fun though.
To Fastbirds credit, his car IS very quick. Keep in mind most of the motor on the LS1 is stock, and the LT1 is pretty heavily modded. For the difference in HP, I'd say the Vette did really good.

Here's the C5's dyno sheet.

And here's the Z28's.

95 Z28 M6, 383, D1SC, FMIC, ect., ect., 614 RWHP with the stock PCM and pump gas!

98 Formula WS6 M6
Old 07-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALL911 View Post
To Fastbirds credit, his car IS very quick. Keep in mind most of the motor on the LS1 is stock, and the LT1 is pretty heavily modded. For the difference in HP, I'd say the Vette did really good.
I'm familiar with the the specs. of his car and I've seen his dyno sheet already. Not bad for a mostly stock LS1. If he does up that 402 he has been talking about and turns up the boost you may have something to "worry" about.Also, You may have your hands full when he puts the F1 on the purple car but, it's all in the name of fun...right?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #7
CALL911

Quote:
I'm familiar with the the specs. of his car and I've seen his dyno sheet already. Not bad for a mostly stock LS1. If he does up that 402 he has been talking about and turns up the boost you may have something to "worry" about.Also, You may have your hands full when he puts the F1 on the purple car but, it's all in the name of fun...right?
If you know him well, you also know that he changes his mind often on ideas for mods on the cars. When I talked to him last (a day ago), he had no such plans to do the 402 route. He said he had planned at most to leave the cubic inches of the engine alone, as well as the boost level. He did say that he has considered doing a cam and possibly some heads down the road, but keep in mind this might be a ways down the road since his wife is now expecting. His purple car (once it is up and running) should have me beat HP wise. However I get really good traction even in 1st gear (as the video shows), and I know it will be a long while before the Purple cars suspension is as dialed in as mine, so I have a feeling from a dig, I might end up pretty good. I'm confident at a highway MPH roll with his purple car though he should pull on me as much as I pulled on his vette. Time will tell as we plan on finding out later this fall when he gets the motor in.

Keep in mind, I could always do more to my car as well. My motor will safely withstand twice the boost level I am currently at

98 Formula WS6 M6

Last edited by CALL911; 07-01-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:38 PM   #8
Featherburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALL911 View Post
If you know him well, you also know that he changes his mind often on ideas for mods on the cars. When I talked to him last (a day ago), he had no such plans to do the 402 route. He said he had planned at most to leave the cubic inches of the engine alone, as well as the boost level. He did say that he has considered doing a cam and possibly some heads down the road, but keep in mind this might be a ways down the road since his wife is now expecting. His purple car (once it is up and running) should have me beat HP wise. However I get really good traction even in 1st gear (as the video shows), and I know it will be a long while before the Purple cars suspension is as dialed in as mine, so I have a feeling from a dig, I might end up pretty good. I'm confident at a highway MPH roll with his purple car though he should pull on me as much as I pulled on his vette. Time will tell as we plan on finding out later this fall when he gets the motor in.

Keep in mind, I could always do more to my car as well. My motor will safely withstand twice the boost level I am currently at
I am not slighting your car in the least. It is bada** no doubt about it. I kinda thought the baby news would put a halt to the 402 for awhile. I have 2 kids. I know this all too well.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
The Fixer

Your car runs awesome, and I can't believe how it hooks from a dig! My Monte will just blow the tires off in 1st gear with my ZZ4-cammed 355, and that's roughly half the HP of your motor. How do you do it??

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #10
CALL911

Quote:
I am not slighting your car in the least. It is bada** no doubt about it. I kinda thought the baby news would put a halt to the 402 for awhile. I have 2 kids. I know this all too well.
Like I said, he changes his mind often. He doesn't want to do the 402 anymore. He'd rather just slap some heads and a Z06 cam in it and make similar HP to me. But that will be a while since he has a kid on the way, and his priorities car wise is to get the purple car together first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPI Monte SS View Post
Your car runs awesome, and I can't believe how it hooks from a dig! My Monte will just blow the tires off in 1st gear with my ZZ4-cammed 355, and that's roughly half the HP of your motor. How do you do it??
Thanks for the compliments. I pretty much have full drag suspension as well as some wide DR's. I am still surprised it hooks as well as it does either. My powerband is perfect for the traction, I love it!

My WS6 is stock and I can spin the tires at 60 in it! lol

98 Formula WS6 M6
Old 07-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #11
Fastbird

Yeah, the 402 idea is out. It's quickly coming to light that the APS setup (turbo's specifically) aren't up to the task of an all out 402. They'll do better on a 347-382 range motor. I'd like to do a ZO6 or small turbo cam and some CNC'd LQ4 heads after a while, but with a kid on the way that may have to wait until the motor goes south.

Ben's car, as I've always attested, is incredible. It's perfectly set up. The top end pulls of his car and my Vette are actually pretty similar because of teh way the power bands are, but his bus length inciting low end is too much to overcome.

Who cares though? I have a TT vette that's 100% sleeper as there's NOTHING audible or external that would denote it's packing 500 RWHP as it's sitting there idling. You can BARELY hear the turbos/BOV when railing on it with the windows up.

Ben, post the flyby vid I did on you guys. All you hear is the corsa's singing.

Active Duty USAF KC-10 Boom Operator
Speed Density LT1 Forum -- 93 Service Manual DTC\'s and Diagnostic Charts
Fastbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #12
CALL911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
Yeah, the 402 idea is out. It's quickly coming to light that the APS setup (turbo's specifically) aren't up to the task of an all out 402. They'll do better on a 347-382 range motor. I'd like to do a ZO6 or small turbo cam and some CNC'd LQ4 heads after a while, but with a kid on the way that may have to wait until the motor goes south.

Ben's car, as I've always attested, is incredible. It's perfectly set up. The top end pulls of his car and my Vette are actually pretty similar because of teh way the power bands are, but his bus length inciting low end is too much to overcome.

Who cares though? I have a TT vette that's 100% sleeper as there's NOTHING audible or external that would denote it's packing 500 RWHP as it's sitting there idling. You can BARELY hear the turbos/BOV when railing on it with the windows up.

Ben, post the flyby vid I did on you guys. All you hear is the corsa's singing.
Thanks for the compliments man. You're Vette is a total sleeper. I'll try to get the fly-by and the in car up soon on this thread for ya. You can't hear anything in that thing, no turbo's, no loud exhaust (especially next to my screaming car), nothing! It sounds stock!!

Fastbird is correct though. My car has a BIT more done to it. His will still be victorious over a good 90% of modded cars out there.

98 Formula WS6 M6

Last edited by CALL911; 07-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #13
Fastbird

ANd another thing. I don't change my mind, I scheme on new setups like any good gearhead should!

Old 07-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
CALL911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbird View Post
ANd another thing. I don't change my mind, I scheme on new setups like any good gearhead should!
lol, I can't argue with that

98 Formula WS6 M6
Old 07-01-2007, 04:45 PM   #15
CALL911

Here's the flyby and in car video

Click here to see Video

98 Formula WS6 M6
Old 07-05-2007, 12:22 AM   #16
Squirrel
13 Second Club

sean...vids of teh celica...go
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:14 PM   #17
Fastbird

Lol, not without the wheels and a couple of other toys being worked on for it (100% custom we're talking 3 exist type stuff).

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia