Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 08-31-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
V
Stalker

pondering wiring concept

ok i have a project in mind dealing with wiring and i have most of the major components figured out, just one connection issue is leaving me stumped.

I need to figure out how to use a momentary 12v+ pulse from a source(wire A) to turn on a SPST switch and then be able to use a 12v+ pulse from a different source(wire B) then to turn that same SPST switch off.

im currently searching the web and running relay setups in my head but so far nothing feasible. I dont want to get into anything as complicated as a programmed chip either.

A SPST or DPST relay would work only if the source wires gave a constant 12v+, but being only momentary they wont.

---------------------------------------
I did find this setup, it can work but is a little more complicated than id like. but i figure i could put Normaly Closed relay in line with the constant output or the fused 12v and the wire B pulse would open the relay momentarily therefore shutting down the circuit...

V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
V
Stalker

here's what it'd look like.. in theory it should work.. its actually not that bad after all... anyone see anything wrong with it?

Old 08-31-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

FYI that is called a "latching" relay setup. I dont know that your second drawing will work. As long as you bring the input "low" (to ground) it should work.
What the hell are you trying to ? and what are the two boxes in that picture?
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:37 AM   #4
V
Stalker

In my mind it should work, providing the a&B wires give me the needed signal. ill have to test it out to be sure. The whole concept i'm trying to do is pretty crazy so i dont wanna get too into it and get all other peoples opinions advice. lol. Its one of those things that IF it works, people will be in awe of the results.

However the box on the left is an aftermarket keyless entry system, A & B and the lock/unlock wires.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
PolarBear
Ebearnezer Scrooge/Power Member/Lips

Its a little difficult to know if that will work or not. I am not sure you need the other relay really. Let me know if it works out?
PolarBear is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring