Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
transmaro93

headlamp wire questions...

i know i should post this in electrical but that section doesnt get alot of traffic and i kind of need an answer fast since im in the middle of working.... my brothers headlights stoped working a while back in his s-10 but all the rest of the lights work... just no high beams or low beams or DRL... i think its the DRL module but the truck is a peice of crap and he doesnt want to put much money in it... when i jump the switch im getting two positive leads to the bulb connector... i wanted to know if this poses a fire hazard or any kind of threat if i just ground one of the wires out so that the low beams will at least light up and he can drive the truck at night...sometimes the lights work its very intermittent... i would just tie up the other hot lead in a way so that it wouldnt arc on anything... any suggestions...??
Old 02-21-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

isn't that back feeding? i would try to bypass the module completely. wire it up so the headlight switch turns the lights on and thats it. i'll look for a wiring diagram. what year?
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
transmaro93

its an 03... but i figured it out kind of a think... its a ground problem but just because the truck is such a piece im just going to cut the wires and run straight grounds right to the radiator support... should fix it... i dont feel like tracing wires on a jalapy if you know what i mean... one of the headlight wires was dry rotted and showing bare wire and it melted the connecter pretty good... maybe a reason why it shorted... but in any case.. the switch will still turn the lights on and off and it should work out ok... good enough for a $2000 ex port authority truck...

if it doesnt work then ill have you get a diagram see if you can help me figure it out....
Old 02-21-2010, 09:45 PM   #4
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

sounds good let me know

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring