Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 12:21 AM   #1
MilanR

Low voltage when warmed up

Hey guys my car always had some low voltage problems but it was never this serious. The gauge show a normal reading when the engine is cold but once it warms up it drops way into the red to the point where it stalls when you're stopped at a red light. I have a brand new battery in it and a brand new alternator. When I checked it with a meter is reads 15.5 when cold and 10.5 - 11.8 when warm. I took out my fan relay turned all the light and accessories off and it only went up a little bit but never out of the red. Anyone else have this problem? Also I was told that it could be a starter drain and when I checked the wires to the starter I noticed that the solenoid felt loose so I'm picking up a new starter tomorrow cause I have to either way. Anyone have any input for me? Thanks. Btw it's a 94 z28.
MilanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
chrisfrom nj

milan it can be the alternator thats bad or check all the fuses
chrisfrom nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
MilanR

checked it all i got a brand new alternator starter and battery so I dunno what the problem is im gonna have my mechanic look at it to see if he can find the drain.
MilanR is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring