Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

View Poll Results: How Are You Willing To Participate
Willing To Donate $50 - $ 100 31 57.41%
Willing To Donate Less Than $50 19 35.19%
Willing To Participate, Don't Want To Donate 4 7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM   #76
Jam
Banned

Autism Charity it is . I do have a baby cousin who's autistic.
Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #77
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam View Post
Autism Charity it is . I do have a baby cousin who's autistic.

yeah its up to the staff for the final say. im waiting back on the formal request that i submitted in writing. its just a waiting game to hear back.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #78
7R_NINJA

Are we doing this in the name of the club or will this just be a general F-body run? Any word on people from other sites?
7R_NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:18 AM   #79
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Hey guys, I brought something up to the other admins attention. My boss's 3 yr old was just diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. My boss owns a store (that's where i work) and now since his dianosis I've taken over to keep it afloat. He's begun very expensive treatments and with the economy the way it is, the bills are adding up for the store. I don't know if anyone would be interested in donating to a cancer research charity, it might be nice to do it in his honor. My boss's brother is on some other forums for cars and bikes, I was thinking if we combine the event we could get a TON of people together, maybe do two charities? One for Autism Speaks and the other for maybe Leukemia Research. What do you guys think?

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:23 AM   #80
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

sounds nice. always a great feeling to help someone close to home.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #81
Jam
Banned

PBodyGT87, as I would love to donate money to that cause I think choosing something that is the most densely affecting, like Autism Research would be a valid choice.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #82
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
PBodyGT87, as I would love to donate money to that cause I think choosing something that is the most densely affecting, like Autism Research would be a valid choice.
Yes, I understand that. But given the fact that I mentioned we may be able to have two different automotive groups come together, we may be able to split the causes (NJFBOA for Autism Speaks, 2nd Forum for Leukemia), or offer a choice for donation. That's not to take away from the donation for Autism speaks, it's just an idea I came up with, and Justin suggested I post something here. We could even do this on two separate occaisions, really. I just wanted to see how many people would be interested in the cause I brought up. Combining forums could make it a seriously huge event.

99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.

Last edited by PBodyGT87; 07-15-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: grammar nazi
Old 07-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #83
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

id donate and cruise .. depending on if i can get the day off work, or if im off.... i will keep checking the forums for more info

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 PM   #84
Jam
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBodyGT87 View Post
Yes, I understand that. But given the fact that I mentioned we may be able to have two different automotive groups come together, we may be able to split the causes (NJFBOA for Autism Speaks, 2nd Forum for Leukemia), or offer a choice for donation. That's not to take away from the donation for Autism speaks, it's just an idea I came up with, and Justin suggested I post something here. We could even do this on two separate occaisions, really. I just wanted to see how many people would be interested in the cause I brought up. Combining forums could make it a seriously huge event.
very true... too be honest... I don't really care.. I just want to donate and get this thing on the road already.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #85
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Yes, I understand that. But given the fact that I mentioned we may be able to have two different automotive groups come together

im not 100 percent certain on this but i dont think anything NJFBOA ever does is ever EXCLUSIVE to members. the only thing is that this cruise would be EXCLUSIVE to F-BODIES ONLY....make an exception for the new camaros ONLY.

this doesnt mean g8s, gto's, caprices, impalas or your buddies cobalt ss. Camaro, Trans Am, Firebird, Tojans only.

If your other group you have are f-body owners and would like to participate i have no problem with that....just trying to get everyone in this same thread so that we dont have to scout 8 different sites to try to bring attention to the cause.

as for charity's something like cancer is pretty big and already gets millions of dollars donated to them. I was hoping that our tiny cause would go to something more beneficial and to less aware charity's that don't already get millions of dollars pumped into it yearly.

my vote is for Autism Speaks. i know plenty of autistic people. The final say is left to the powers that be on this site
Old 07-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #86
Fuji84

I guess you'll let us know if this all falls through. how would this work if it does fall through? like where would we meet and who do we give the
$$$ to and such? etc.
Fuji84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #87
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

i agree that the autism charity would be a good group to give $ to..

if that falls through, myabe the U.S.O. the charity that pays for all sortsa events for our troops, their families, and disabled troops. it also seems honorable.

i look forward to this event.. hopefully on a day when i am not working

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 02:21 AM   #88
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
im not 100 percent certain on this but i dont think anything NJFBOA ever does is ever EXCLUSIVE to members. the only thing is that this cruise would be EXCLUSIVE to F-BODIES ONLY....make an exception for the new camaros ONLY.
this doesnt mean g8s, gto's, caprices, impalas or your buddies cobalt ss. Camaro, Trans Am, Firebird, Tojans only.
If your other group you have are f-body owners and would like to participate i have no problem with that....just trying to get everyone in this same thread so that we dont have to scout 8 different sites to try to bring attention to the cause.
I wasn't talking about being exclusive to members, at all. And I'll stop plugging for my idea in this thread because everyone is clearly pretty set on their charity, so let's forget about all that.
But while this is an F-body forum, not everyone here has one, or at least one that runs. We have many members with hold-me-over daily drivers, or some other kind of sports car. A CHARITY cruise for anyone with an awesome ride sponsored by NJFBOA would be nice, and surely draw a lot more participants and donations. But you want to limit this to F-Bodies only, which will not only cut back on your participants, but your donations as well, as I, for one, will not even be able to participate in this. So I think I'll save my donation to Autism Research for an event that I don't have to be excluded from, or donate on my own time. You might get 50 or maybe even 60 Fbodies to participate, but you could have a lot more cool cars if it were less exclusive, and end up with like 200+ participants. I mean, at least allow corvettes or something. I understand the F Body Nats are for F bodies ONLY, which makes sense. But, for a charity case? Come on.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:30 AM   #89
Jam
Banned

i partially agree w/ the above post ^^.. being exclusive to fbodies alone won't draw that much involvement in the run, but being open to all "nice cars" is ftl. I think (GTOs, Vettes, Firebirds, Camaros, and don't point the gun at me yet.......mustangs) would be an amazing turnout...the drawback is that it will require a lot more time into planning the event and gathering those parties into one.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:00 AM   #90
Czop418

Yea i think it would be amazing for the whole only f-body thing but i dont think it will happen with just us. But When u bring mustangs in the event ............ come on thats crossing the line. I think the whole GM only thing would be cool. And You never know mayb at one point in time we can have ALL the f-bodys meet and we can all cruise together and , it not be some here some there you know what i mean.
Czop418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:16 AM   #91
LS1 4Good

I'd like to be able to join.. but apparently my GTO isn't welcomed by some of you.

06 WRX Limited 5MT
20G-XT/FMIC/TBE (low boost) 345/334

93 Camaro Z28 A4 -SOLD! 13.8 @ 102

Last edited by LS1 4Good; 07-16-2009 at 03:17 AM.
LS1 4Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:32 AM   #92
NastyEllEssWon

whats the point of a 100 f-body cruise if its not all fbodies???

i dont know discuss it amongst yourselves. im waiting back on the formal request and paperwork.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:03 AM   #93
Czop418

I mean dont get me wrong I would LOVE to have it only f-bodys. But if things dont get worked out and we dont get enough people then hell there always a alternative.
Czop418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:58 AM   #94
7R_NINJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czop418 View Post
I mean dont get me wrong I would LOVE to have it only f-bodys. But if things dont get worked out and we dont get enough people then hell there always a alternative.
7R_NINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #95
Jam
Banned

i was kidding about the mustangs part lol. .
Old 07-16-2009, 01:09 PM   #96
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
I wasn't talking about being exclusive to members, at all. And I'll stop plugging for my idea in this thread because everyone is clearly pretty set on their charity, so let's forget about all that.
But while this is an F-body forum, not everyone here has one, or at least one that runs. We have many members with hold-me-over daily drivers, or some other kind of sports car. A CHARITY cruise for anyone with an awesome ride sponsored by NJFBOA would be nice, and surely draw a lot more participants and donations. But you want to limit this to F-Bodies only, which will not only cut back on your participants, but your donations as well, as I, for one, will not even be able to participate in this. So I think I'll save my donation to Autism Research for an event that I don't have to be excluded from, or donate on my own time. You might get 50 or maybe even 60 Fbodies to participate, but you could have a lot more cool cars if it were less exclusive, and end up with like 200+ participants. I mean, at least allow corvettes or something. I understand the F Body Nats are for F bodies ONLY, which makes sense. But, for a charity case? Come on.
If the issue here is charity, no one is stopping anyone from going to this link https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/...LKALSAC1000002 or this one http://www.autismspeaks.org/donate/index.php and being charitable.
I think the "Coolness" factor is in it being for F-Bodies only.
Just like the corvette Video, the specialty of the event is for it to be an One-Hundred F-Body cruise, not a "Mustangs, Goats, Honda Civics, Toyota Corollas, and-every-other-car-under-the-sun-And-some-F-Bodies" Cruise (aka just another day on the parkway.)
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:11 PM   #97
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

Quote:
i was kidding about the mustangs part lol. .
Yeah, well, we all know no one wants those. hahaha. Definitely have more participants with GM vehicles. Sure, have 100 f bodies, but then have 100 more other GM cars. 50 bucks per person to donate, $10,000 outcome.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #98
RiggsLW81

Pick a charity and LETS DO THIS...only have the have 6 weeks left of summer! whoever is doing the leg work for this...is it even POSSIBLE to have this organized in that short a time? let me know the realistic chances of that...as i said, im down to donate and participate.

and what are we waiting on? as in, where in the process of getting this accomplished are we?

anyone?
RiggsLW81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #99
Jam
Banned

lol I'm as eager as you are ^^^
Old 07-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #100
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiggsLW81 View Post
Pick a charity and LETS DO THIS...only have the have 6 weeks left of summer! whoever is doing the leg work for this...is it even POSSIBLE to have this organized in that short a time? let me know the realistic chances of that...as i said, im down to donate and participate.

and what are we waiting on? as in, where in the process of getting this accomplished are we?

anyone?
As when trying to get anything done, there's a ****ton of paper work that has to be completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events