Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 01-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #51
Mezzy

Maybe I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I've been told I'm slow. And I'm only hoping about the numbers I mention. I'm not claiming to think I know anything. It's all speculation. I'm not old enough to see the fascination with the non performance years.
1994. Z28 A4 Full exhaust including SLP Long tubes, 3" ORY pipe, 3 in cat back, CAI, chip, maf,BMR A Arms, Panhard rod, torque arm,. Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, transmission more, including street shift kit.
Mezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #52
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzy View Post
Maybe I don't get it. Maybe someone can explain it to me. I've been told I'm slow. And I'm only hoping about the numbers I mention. I'm not claiming to think I know anything. It's all speculation. I'm not old enough to see the fascination with the non performance years.
What is the best guitar made today?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:35 AM   #53
Mezzy

That's what I'm saying their, Mikey,lol
1994. Z28 A4 Full exhaust including SLP Long tubes, 3" ORY pipe, 3 in cat back, CAI, chip, maf,BMR A Arms, Panhard rod, torque arm,. Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, transmission more, including street shift kit.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 AM   #54
Mezzy

Best guitar is a matter of opinion. Is that ur point lol?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #55
Mezzy

I just enjoy hearing what guys say about those older cars because I missed the boat on getting my hands on one. When I started driving it was 1990. 60s cars were just a bit outta my reach. Now they're for the rich.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:39 AM   #56
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Maybe you can rephrase your last statement as I don't quite understand what you are trying to say.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:40 AM   #57
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
It can be pretty complex.

You are not THAT far off base with the comment in red.

74-84 stuff of any make and model (with exceptions) is not pulling great numbers due to styling sometimes being a bit funky and factory performance being not so great.

But it's older, and easy to work on. So all of the sudden that 185hp Camaro can be a 450hp Camaro in a weekend for not that much money. Probably less than the price of a rear in a 4th gen.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #58
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Best guitar is a matter of opinion. Is that ur point lol?
Opinion? Yes, that matters! Which is why a bubbletop impala will always be worth more than a 96 impala even if the 96 impala is better car in all aspects.

Trying hard to make you understand. Why is a 59 Les Paul worth so much? There are lots of nice guitars ‘mass market’ made today, ones that probably play better. Because it was beautiful and they don’t make them anymore. It has an allure. Like a 69 Camaro. (like cars, you can’t compare to a custom builds, those are a very different market).

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #59
Mezzy

Ok, now I see ur point. I understand that.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #60
Mezzy

Thanks, bill, bonzo and mike. I'm alittle young to kno what you all know, but I'm willing to learn it from you guys who obviously kno. I guess in short, I hope to someday have my own 69 camaro, or chevelle or gto or a grand sport. I'd take any late 60s muscle car I could afford to get my hands on. You guys are are very very lucky if you were able to witness what I unfortunately missed out on.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #61
WildBillyT

No problem. Some of us missed the boat too
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #62
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Speak for yourself, whippersnapper.

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #63
BonzoHansen
Admin.

For the record you are older than Mike & WBT. And I'm only 2 years older than you. At least according to your profile.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #64
Mezzy

Huh, interesting. So then you guys grew up around new Irocs as a kid like me, lol . At that time, the only cars I liked were the GN, Iroc, Monte SS, and the trans am. You? I mean other than wishing I had a 60s car
Old 01-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #65
Mezzy

I hated that imitation 442 gutless lol
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #66
JSPERFORMANCE
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

Social Networks:

It's a shame third gens are so underpowered and ugly... I guess I should scrap mine and go buy a catfish..
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 AM   #67
Mezzy

I love the 3d gens. They were all new cars when I was a teen. Those are the cars I remember new as an impressionable kid. I loved em big time, till I saw the beastly 4th gens. Now that's my love. But ill never stop trying to save up for a 69 maro or chevelle
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #68
Mezzy

I remember my dad going to Salerno Pontiac in randolph, in 1987 looking to buy a friggin station wagon which he did,Lmao, and all I kept doing was begging him to cosign for a GTA lol

Last edited by Mezzy; 01-15-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #69
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Huh, interesting. So then you guys grew up around new Irocs as a kid like me, lol . At that time, the only cars I liked were the GN, Iroc, Monte SS, and the trans am. You? I mean other than wishing I had a 60s car
Yup. IROCs were new when I was in high school. My first car was a 76 Camaro LT. 11 year old used car. It got wrecked by a jerk who felt people making a left have the right of way. Then I bought an 82 TA. 6 year old car. I liked that car. Sold it when I was house hunting. Bu tI like 1st & 2nd gens better, aesthetically. I can make a car fast. I’m not a pure stock guy. I like drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSPERFORMANCE View Post
It's a shame third gens are so underpowered and ugly... I guess I should scrap mine and go buy a catfish..
True. Tell you what, I’ll give you $1000 for the red piece of junk.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #70
WildBillyT

Quote:
But ill never stop trying to save up for a 69 maro or chevelle
Keep the NHRA car, dump the other two, add a little $ and buy a '69 that's not a total mess. You could probably get into a decent starter '69 for 10-12k.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 AM   #71
Mezzy

First time I saw an Iroc was the summer of 1985, and I was on vacation in lavalette, and I wad 12, and a yellow Iroc came down the strip. That's it!!! I was hooked on them for years. My dad bought a 92 25th RS, and finally sold it a few years ago, to buy a 68 Plymouth GTX. I shouldve kept that car. He was willing to give it to me, but I wanted another 4th gen car. I should kept it, just cause it was my dads.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #72
Mezzy

Probably right bill. But I have a bad habit of holding on to the cars I already have. My collection was getting outta control, lol. I want to add a 69 without depleting my heard. Itll happen soon enough. I have no kids, and I don't have a mortgage. Hopefully, soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #73
WildBillyT

Quote:
First time I saw an Iroc was the summer of 1985, and I was on vacation in lavalette, and I wad 12, and a yellow Iroc came down the strip. That's it!!! I was hooked on them for years. My dad bought a 92 25th RS, and finally sold it a few years ago, to buy a 68 Plymouth GTX. I shouldve kept that car. He was willing to give it to me, but I wanted another 4th gen car. I should kept it, just cause it was my dads.
Wow, really? You passed on a 440 Mopar to get a 4th gen car? Was the GTX beat up?

Even a slightly beat driver GTX is worth $25K+
Old 01-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #74
Mezzy

I was in high school from 87-91. All my friends had mid 70s camaros. Fun times, but I remember the.king how long it took to get them up over 120 mph.lol
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 AM   #75
Mezzy

No didn't pass it up. My dad bought the GTX ,then sold the camaro. he bought a 67 GTX new, and kicked himself for selling it. So when he bought a 340 dart new, had me, then sold that one, I had to question his priorities, lol so a few years ago, after he saw me collecting my cars, he decided it was time to get back into the game. Someday, that original 440 car will be mine.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey