Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 09-12-2006, 07:14 AM   #1
Pathogen

Slip & Slide Drift School/Practice V2.0 - Summit Point, WV, Planning thread

We're looking at getting another day at Summit Point Raceway set up for Drift School\Practice. The one we had 2 weeks ago was a blast with over 30 cars. The U2NG Camaro got over 30 runs in about half a day on 4 different courses. The people are phenomenal, the action is awesome to watch, and you learn a LOT about car control. You're not stuck with an instructor at all, you're free to go on your own and learn your car. There are no speed limits, once you pass the cones, you let it rip.

Here is a link to the last event so you can see how it looks. There are 3 track setups to drift and practice on plus a circle skid pad that is wetted down so you can go both directions in a circle and learn how to keep your car sideways and learn how to use throttle control rather than steering control to pull a General Lee

www.up2nogood.com/summit.html

I am pasting the open Sunday dates that we are trying to get the track for. Which date is best for you? This feedback is valuable if you're able to attend! I know I am going along with the rest of the U2NG crew.

Want to come run? what date's good for you?

10/29
11/19
11/26
12/3
12/10

You're best bet might be to email jshaffer@up2nogood.com to make sure your vote is counted. (I have trouble watching all these threads.)
Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 AM   #2
r0nin89

Definatly october. I'd love to try and come out but I dont think theres anyway I could get a posi rear and shift kit by then... w/o I think it would be a faint attempt in a 305...

94 2wd SBSC Gmt400. 330CI LSX, Fast 102, Trickflow 205s, close ratio nv3500, 4.30/trutrac.
r0nin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
Untamed

Is this an actual school / instructor-led event, or just an open track set up for drifting that anyone can pay to run on?

I looked at the website but it just looks like a bunch of people got together one day and ran the course. I didn't see anything about a school.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events