Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 07-12-2016, 05:45 PM   #51
91chevyz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Has anyone been to the Whiskey yet this year? I heard the original bar had closed down (which I thought it did years ago) but they are no longer doing the big Saturday shows?
I have been there this year, it's still going on.
91chevyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #52
IROC-MIKE

Because I posted a few weeks ago with the location details, I thought I'd post a follow up and comment on Whiskey as well.

Attendance at Wyckoff was a little light last week due to the heat and many people are at their Shore houses for the summer until Labor Day. Still a nice display of a wide variety of cars raging from a Brass Era "horseless carriage" to a brand new Porsche GT3RS and a vintage 57 T-Bird Drag Car. I saw a couple clean 4th Gens roll in just as it was breaking up, so if that was any of you guys, you literally showed up 10 minutes too late.
I went to Whiskey 2 weeks ago and the place was almost fully packed. There was about 15 Mustangs with NY plates on them but just a few Camaros & Birds of any Generation there.

The MUST ATTEND Saturday cruise is at The Chatterbox Drive In out in Sussex County. It is an INCREDIBLE event and you have to go there AT LEAST ONCE a season. The food is AWESOME, the atmosphere is fun and enjoyable and a nice place to take your GF/wife to look at cars since its not just a bunch of gearheads. My wife (who still has her totally original 89 RS) loves going there with me (although she really goes with me for the chocolate shakes) so its very easy for us to find an "excuse" to take a ride there. Family friendly, but not a lot of kids so you dont have to be paranoid of leaving your car to grab a bite or walk around. I've been going there since it opened (probably 15 years ago or more) and we're really lucky places like that still exist in NJ. If you havent gone there yet, its what you would imagine a California Cruise Night is like. I'm in Wyckoff & the way I go there is a 40 minute joy ride through some winding country roads and a few short miles of wide open highway so its a great way to put the car through the paces. Only bad thing is if you dont get there by 3:30 - 4:00 PM you're NOT going to get a spot on the pavement, IF you get a space at all. I've been there when they were turning cars away because there was not a single spot left ANYWHERE! I sometimes go with my dad and his group of old timers with vintage Corvettes; they insist on being the first ones there so they can get one of the prime spaces under the building awning, but if you ask me the grass lots (which are flat and cut short) are much more comfortable to sit by the car and enjoy the surroundings. Its like parking on carpet and about 30 degrees cooler than the pavement. The ONLY drawback of that show is you MUST have QQ plates in order to get on the pavement. It doesnt bother me, but I know some people refuse to park on grass and wont go because they cant leave home early enough. Anything new(er) MUST park in the "Modern Muscle" side grass area. There is another grass area behind the rear parking lot which has overflow that cant fit on the pavement but I'm not sure if its QQ only there also, since you have to go through the paved lot to access it and people at the entrance directing traffic. Not an issue for us Third Gen owners but if a bunch of different Gens caravan there together, it would either split up the group OR everyone could opt to park with the newer cars on the side grass. I was there last Sat and there was about 200 cars or more. One of the BEST cruise nights in North Jersey BAR NONE! Some really high quality six-figure show cars, a few Power Tour Participants, F Bodies of ALL Gens, Vipers and other Mopars, SRT Jeeps, every year Corvette, Hot Rods and even a handfull of VW Beetles and random "stance" cars. There are also some survivors and daily drivers so bring what you got and show it proudly because theres sure to be someone interested in talking with you about your car. Its not exactly "local" but well worth the trip! I think getting there is MORE than half the fun. If anyone wants to hit Whiskey or Chatterbox on a Saturday I'm down to attend either so feel free to PM me.
IROC-MIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #53
Jersey Mike
Power Member/NJFBOA Bookie/Moderator

Social Networks:

Chatterbox is one of our annual monthly club meets. One of our favorites!

1995 Firebird... Stock-ish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
Good. He microwaved my phone 6 years ago, i hope his intake erupts.
Jersey Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:18 AM   #54
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Anyone planning on going tonight? I'm going to make an attempt to get out of work in time to attend this evening

Quote:
Old 07-27-2016, 05:38 PM   #55
Jersey Mike

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Anyone planning on going tonight? I'm going to make an attempt to get out of work in time to attend this evening
I'm a joke... I'm still at the office.

Quote:

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey