Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 04-07-2021, 05:18 PM   #301
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCZman15 View Post
yea man, I fully agree with ya on that. Ain't nothing I can do to change that. Certainly not going to be opening up the transmission and changing its gearing. car and gearing is now fantastic when driving on the street and i can tell its going to be better for autoX too. Trans is happy and healthy so its staying as is. Converter is also staying the same since a tight converter like this one will be very happy with the nitrous system install this summer/fall.

I gotta dig in and find whats not optimized to let these gears launch the car harder.
Its optimized for nitrous.

Give it nitrous.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 05:47 PM   #302
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Yeah was wondering if they were nsa. If valve train can handle the revs, give it some more!
Old 04-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #303
IROCZman15
11 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

nitrous is coming this year, probably in the summer, maybe right after I do the UMI autocross event. I have most of what I need to get it setup for the 100-150 shot. I have the solenoids, bottle, buttons, and some braided lines. Just need to find a single stage intake spray plate that I like, get some fittings, and get creative with a slick way to mount the solenoids. I have been holding off on the nitrous until I hit my personal goal for the car, which is 11.499. I renewed my nitrous permit with NJ this Feburary, so nitrous is indeed coming.

I can give it another 100-200 rpms on the shifts too at the next test and tune. Was hoping the gears would bring a quicker 60 foot, anything in the 1.55 range would be awesome.

Adam, do you mean nsa or N/a ? if you mean N/a, then yes, they were. if nsa, well I don't know what that means.

also, yup, thats the cam specs and valvetrain stuff. as mentioned, specs are on page 1 of this thread in the build sheet. so some of that stuff is beyond my knowledge, which is why I ask for advice from those who do know. thanks, keep it coming!

I am hoping to maybe get out to island next Friday night for a TnT event. If there is anything I can/should do in the meantime, I gotta get a gameplan going! If I do hit the 11.49 I am getting the roll bar setup. I emailed the fabricator and he is still on board to get the project done according to my specs.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 04-07-2021 at 07:53 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:28 AM   #304
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Non self-aligning vs. self aligning refers to the valvetrain.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #305
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

You are gonna need to get it on slicks and leave at as much RPM as the 2step can get you without pushing forward if you want to cut a sub 1.5

What made you pick the current 2step rpm?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:50 PM   #306
IROCZman15

thanks nick. I actually do not know if the rockers/valvetrain is self aligning or not? never looked into it

I picked the 2-step rpm based on where I could get the car to hold the foot brake at last year prior to it rolling through the staging beams. This was the whole discussion about vacuum pumps, tanks, launching from an idle vs high idle vs anything higher. Lots of discussion about this last year on here and on other car forums. If I am in 1st gear and rev over 1800-2,000 the footbrake can't hold the car back. It rolls the beams, so I then just take the red light and make a pass. I played around with this for dozens and dozens of passes last year. And I was foot braking while revving to try to hold a set rpm while watching the tree count down, and I thought a 2-step rev limiter would allow me to just floor the throttle while on the rev limiter so i didn't have to try to watch the tach hold 1,800 while watching the tree. that was my thought process. what can I change? I mean, I can set the 2-step to freaking 6,000 if I wanted to, but its just going to roll through the brakes at 2,000 rpms like usual. (no to a transbrake)

Last edited by IROCZman15; 04-08-2021 at 08:52 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:48 AM   #307
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

They are nsa, it says on the site.
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #308
IROCZman15

Island dragway got rained out tonight, understandable. I was half packed and checked the phone message to find out it as canceled.

heading to the car show portion of the Swap meet at Englishtown tomorrow. Then i'll come home, and transform the car over to drag race mode, and head over to Island Dragway for Sunday test and tune. Hope all goes well. If anyone else is heading to either racetrack, keep an eye out for me and say hi.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning