Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-16-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
V
Stalker

how to convert electronic carb to 350 TBI??

ok heres what i want to do. I have an 85 iroc with the stock 305 motor with the computer controlled quadrajet carb. That motor is very tired, but I have an 87 350 bored .040" over which i am rebuilding. I also have a complete TBI setup out of a 91 305 camaro(all still on motor). I want to put the TBI setup on the rebuilt 350 and drop that into the 85 iroc. I dont want to go TPI so dont worry about that but i do want some sort of Fuel injection. anyways ok, I know i'll have to put a fuel pump in the tank of the iroc to feed the tbi, I also know ill need to swap out the 2 injectors from the 305 to ones from a 350, out of a truck i assume i could get those. I just need to know if i have to have the chip reburned for the 350 instead of the 305, i assume i will. but other than that i think everything will be straight forward. I have the complete uncut tbi harhess, comp, and sensors still so thats all fine. and running an extra return fuel line is no problem. I just want driveability with this car, some power but not an all out race car, anything more than the old 305 now would be fine.

if i decide its not worth doing the tbi swap, i'll end up just throwing in the 350 or one of 2 305s i have with a holley carb and hei distributor instead. ah itll still be many months before this swap takes place so we'll see...maybe tpi is an idea, i dunno..
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 11:45 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

a little bigger injectors would be nice. if not you can always throw a little stronger pump in and raise the fuel pressure.
if you plan to warm up the 350 a bit before install finding a factory big block TB and injectors or buying a holley tb would definately help.
i woudl definately suggest grabbing an aftermarket intake. a carb intake will work fine if you want to save yourself a few bucks. just make an adaptor out of aluminum plate and you will be good to go.
if you still have the tbi car around or access to one, grabbing the fuel pump/sending unit set up adn fuel lines(feed and return) will make the install much more straight forward.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning