Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
sleeperMULLET

Here's a stupid question i should know the anwer too...

i did the hypertech programmer thing mainly to recalibrate the speedo for bigger tire size, if i disconnect the battery will that set the computer back to its stock programming or will my changes still be in there? thanks
sleeperMULLET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:37 PM   #2
9secfirebird

it should reset it. just redo the programmer again anyway just cuz, if it didnt reset it, it cant hurt it to do it again
Old 07-28-2005, 03:39 PM   #3
coolcamaroZ28

If I understand the way the Hypertech system works (I have one for my '95 as well), when you plug the Hypertech unit under the dash, it puts the tuning program (with any options) into the PCM and takes the stock program and puts it in the handheld unit. I know for a fact that in this state, the unit can't be used to program another car, so my guess is that it wouldn't change if you disconnect the battery. A trip to the Chevy dealer would be a different story...
coolcamaroZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 01:12 AM   #4
coldkilla

the hypertech programming is part of your pcm's code now and will be there until you take it out with the programmer and replace your stock code. if you ever go to the dealership you should put your stock program back in first because i believe that if they reflash with an aftermarket program in there it will **** it up

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning