Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #1
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

2003 GMC Seirra: Steering wheel controls

DIC(Driver information center) works to the point of the odometer coming up and hourmeter/trip work when the button itself on the the cluster is pressed...

Using the steering wheel controls yeild nothing... something simple I'm over looking or another issue? possible BCM related? The Radio controls on the steering wheel work fine...

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I'll have to go play and the trip control thingy. I think this how it works on my 05, 4 buttons on top are radio, cd/phone/onstar, 4 buttons on the bottom are display contols. two bottom left buttons: the bottom left button is Oil life, distance remaining, gallon used, fuel econ. the button above is odom, trips and engine life, (this is what I need to verify, I can't rememeber if you keep pushing to scroll thru or use the botton on the bottom right to scroll and reset the trips) - I know, BIG HELP! Sorry.

Upper right is config DIC, driver config lights stay on x seconds, tilt mirrors in reverse etc, I don't play with this one much because everytime I play with it I end up mess everything up so my display is in a language I don't understand! When you reenter english is the first selection! LOL! Could be the one button went bad?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 12-28-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #3
SilverDropTop

Could be just the button itself. I've had to replace a few on my 03 Denali.
SilverDropTop is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech