Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:21 AM   #26
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

These are all great ideas, keep them coming.

Looks like we already have a South Jersey meet in the works, look for some info about it in the next few days.

- Justin

Old 09-23-2004, 01:53 PM   #27
THECowboy

im 18 and i've gotten into D+B before with some friends, all under 21

only thing with D+B is that the parking is in a multi-story garage, and we would have to talk to management to see if we could get a part of it blocked off for us...

at the Cherry HIll mall there is a restaraunt that i can't think of right now, but there is a parking lot next to it that no one uses at night and is HUGE.

2002 Camaro Z28 A4 Montery Maroon -bone stock for right now...
13.423@103.85 w/ 1.978 60\'
Old 09-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #28
jims69camaro

there are many spots in my general area that could be used for a meet, with ample parking for more cars than we have. where is all dependent on how high you want our visibility. we could be right out on route 37 in tomsriver (fudds, grand union, IHOP, denny's, whatever the name of the chicken place is now, or we could take over the white castle where the ricers hang out, i could work a deal with one of the places in sleazeside to have a game room all to ourselves, etc., or nearer to me down route 9 (accessible from the parkway) there are -many- resturants with ample parking). suffice it to say the next time it rotates to central, you guys are coming out here.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 09-23-2004, 11:02 PM   #29
bencar

Well, here's the catch, if we want to park across from Applebees, in what would be the lower end of the Home Depot 'Parking Lot', then we could accommodate more cars. The other variable, would be that on a Saturday night, the 'Stop & Shop' 'Parking Lot' is usually not that full, so we could spread out, and take more spaces-Then we could accommodate 30-40 cars. If this doesn't sound good, then I'll have to scout around to see what I could find. There is a 'Rib' joint, called 'Famous Dave's', near the Rt 1/Rt 18 intersection, that seems to have a 'Parking Lot' that would fit 30-40 cars, maybe I could look into that place, it's just that Applebees does have a slightly more varied menu
Old 09-24-2004, 02:15 AM   #30
THECowboy

I'll call D+B and the place at the cherry hill mall tommorow and see what kind of deal i can get going and let you guys know at the meet or post it up here

EDIT: I forgot there is a decent restaurant that i can't think of again, a Macaroni Grill, and On the Border all in the same spot and there is one HUGE parking lot that no one needs or uses and it is RIGHT next to Route 70 so we will get a lot of attention.

I will call each place, but I think the nameless one will be the best since they have a variety of stuff

Old 09-24-2004, 08:53 AM   #31
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECowboy
I'll call D+B and the place at the cherry hill mall tommorow and see what kind of deal i can get going and let you guys know at the meet or post it up here

EDIT: I forgot there is a decent restaurant that i can't think of again, a Macaroni Grill, and On the Border all in the same spot and there is one HUGE parking lot that no one needs or uses and it is RIGHT next to Route 70 so we will get a lot of attention.

I will call each place, but I think the nameless one will be the best since they have a variety of stuff
I was gonna work at that Macaroni Grill...still might since I'm not making much money where I"m at currently.

I know there's a diner across the street, but I'm not sure of any other restauarant there (other than OTB). hmm...
Old 09-24-2004, 10:36 AM   #32
THECowboy

COPPERFIELDS!!! that's the name, kinda like Applebee's i guess.

ok, i just finished talkin with Dave and Buster's, unfortunatly, CPA runs the parking garage and it's very very doubtful they will block off part of the lot for us. so D+B is out i think for a choice

Old 09-24-2004, 10:38 PM   #33
bencar

Just checked with Applebees in Edison at the 'Crossroads Shopping Plaza.' Manager said they could accommodate a group if 40-50 people with a couple of days advance notice, and I looked over the adjacent 'Parking Lots', and they could easily fit 40-50 cars. The one lot is right next to the restaurant, the other lot is immediately across the main access road to the 'Shopping Plaza', and both are visible from Applebees.
The best day to do a 'get-together' at this place, would be a Sunday afternoon.
Old 09-29-2004, 10:41 PM   #34
bencar

So, anyone interested in the Applebees Edison NJ location for a Meeting. If you are, check my last post regarding the parking accomodations, etc.

Oh, and if you like, we could also use Meetup.com http://fbody.meetup.com/6/ to schedule meetings
Old 09-30-2004, 06:04 AM   #35
inthered

The Applebees in Edison would be a good spot! That's about as central as you can get!
Old 09-30-2004, 07:25 AM   #36
THECowboy

exactly, that's Central, this is South's time, then it's North's, then we go back to Central

Old 09-30-2004, 10:05 PM   #37
bencar

Okay, then let me know when you'd like to do this thing, and I'll set it up. Keep in mind that they need at least 3 days lead time to accomodate us.

As of now I'm only busy on On October 3rd (Car Show), and November 21st (Train Show in Parsippany). Other than that, I should be available
Old 09-30-2004, 10:09 PM   #38
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Okay, then let me know when you'd like to do this thing, and I'll set it up. Keep in mind that they need at least 3 days lead time to accomodate us.

As of now I'm only busy on On October 3rd (Car Show), and November 21st (Train Show in Parsippany). Other than that, I should be available
When it becomes Central's turn to hold a meet again, then we can discuss where..but for now south and then north need to get their acts together
Old 09-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #39
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels
Quote:

When it becomes Central's turn to hold a meet again, then we can discuss where..but for now south and then north need to get their acts together
Okay
Old 09-30-2004, 10:33 PM   #40
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels
Quote:

Okay
I hope I didn't come across as harsh or anything, just hate to see you waste time tryin to set somethin up that probably wouldn't work just cause of the timing. I guess December is Central's turn again...keep in mind the place is available
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events