Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #26
Mike
BadMod

oh absolutely, i wasnt trying to absolve him at all, more trying to say that timmay was probably CONVINCED they were 27s and didnt even think to look.......

i tried to say it in my original post, and probably didnt do a good enough job of it. everyone here knows i know tim, and thats why i only wanted to comment on somthing that i know first hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 04-04-2008, 10:42 AM   #27
MonmouthCtyAntz

Sorry to hear about this man, I dont know either one of you but it sounds like your getting jerked around. Ive been in similar situations in the past and Ive come to the conclusion that on some occasions its just easier to buy the parts new from a dealer/shop. The money saved sometimes isnt worth the trouble or grief.

AI HCR 241's , Lunati 223/236 .615/.626 114+2 , Full Exhaust , Ported Fast 92 , Ported LS2 TB , Veraram , 85mm MAF , Circle D 4000 , 3.42's , GTP 36# , CSP Dyno tune. More on the way
420 HP/367 TQ on a Unlocked Converter & still climbing.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #28
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Josh, the tires in question are 26x9.5x15 Hoosier QTPs, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
tim has been telling me those tires were 27 inches for the entire time i have been a member here. i know this off the top of my head because i was interested in them before i went with my etstreets. i believe at one point even justin told me the tires were 27''. so im sure that at least on that one point, it was an oversite
If they are the QTPs mentioned above, then he hasn't even had those tires nearly that long. They were originally mine, and I sold them to him recently since I figured he would be in a position to use them sooner than I would. Not sure that he has even had a 27" race tire sitting around recently. I'm sure it was just a mistake on his part.

- Justin

Old 04-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #29
JerzLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
Josh, the tires in question are 26x9.5x15 Hoosier QTPs, right?

If they are the QTPs mentioned above, then he hasn't even had those tires nearly that long. They were originally mine, and I sold them to him recently since I figured he would be in a position to use them sooner than I would. Not sure that he has even had a 27" race tire sitting around recently. I'm sure it was just a mistake on his part.

- Justin
yes those are the tires in question. still havent heard from him though, Bonzo called him lastnight when this was first started.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 PM   #30
Slow 88
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Formula View Post
yes those are the tires in question. still havent heard from him though, Bonzo called him lastnight when this was first started.

My opinion on this is if Tim didn't clear it up within 2 days one way or another then this guy is getting jerked around for whatever reason....That's my .02 take it or leave it....
Old 04-05-2008, 06:56 AM   #31
jims69camaro

all i am saying is that he is a stand up guy. i can't believe he would knowingly mislead someone. i also can't believe it has taken this long to work this out, either.

i don't know if it's been a poor buying experience or not. you're upset because you feel you've been jerked around. you probably have a small chunk of change involved in this transaction, and that normally is all it takes for things to get skewed out of perspective. i don't know if i would try to sully someone's reputation for some lugnuts...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 04-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #32
Frosty

Tim is a good guy but people make mistakes. The OP isn't calling him a scam artist, an a-hole or a lying sack of crap. He's venting that he was mislead on the tire size, wasn't given lug nuts and was jerked around on meeting to get the parts and is being jerked around on the lugs.

We all know Tim, we know what type of person he is but like I said, people make mistakes. I think the OP has done a good job in venting while keeping it free of any personal attacks and insults. I'd feel the same way if this happened to me.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 04-05-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #33
String

somebody must know where he lives....stop by and see if hes around.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:14 PM   #34
JerzLT1

so it looks like im not getting the Lugs so ill be buying them Tuesday. i really wanna thank everyone for the support and especially cbrrmike for lending a hand in finding out if i was actually getting them. Not really the result i was hoping for but atleast i know that im going to have to buy them.

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts