Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 03:55 PM   #1
wretched73

Quarantine

How are you all spending your free time?

I'm working still, rotating between home and the office. Working from home has been awesome. I work out over my lunch break, then have from 5PM on to work on whatever project I want. Working from the office is less fun, everyone is freaking out and it adds undue stress to everything... At least the commute is easy since there is almost no rush hour traffic.

So far Matt and I have finished up his turbo kit, I finished plumbing in my new air compressor (waiting on some air fittings i forgot to order earlier), if the cats i ordered come in I'll install the new exhaust on my wife's vette this weekend
1988 TRX 250R- Ported w/ high compression on 110 octane- Out 60' your LT1

Jersey Shore Street Car Takeover (JSSCT) Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1ow View Post
and once i get PHB, what do i ajust it too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mike View Post
Seven.
wretched73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Lots of sheet rock work inside the house and finishing up the vinyl siding on the garage.

Overall goal is to get the house on the market in late May
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
LS1ow
Power Member / trans break does not equal transbrake

Social Networks:

My time at work changes day to day. Last week I worked 2 full days, 2 half days, and 1 day off. Used my paid time off to make up the lost hours. Monday we had a meeting letting us know us that we can use “supplemental unemployment” to make up for hours. So every week I’ll have to submit for the missing hours. Sucks. Was hoping to stay busy enough during this whole thing but whatever. Feels like crap to have to go on unemployment

As for projects so far I have:

1. Started to throw out a bunch of stuff in my garage, creating much more room. Still have a lot of junk to toss.

2. Played with my RCs a lot. Empty roads in the industrial areas by me are great for speed runs. And have been tooling around the yard building obstacles for the crawler

3. Fast 102 intake instal on friends C5 Z06, what a pain. Part of me wonders why fast is the go to name. A lot of their stuff fits like crap.

4. Fiber optics & friends w. BLS

Still need to do rear main and put trans back in car, just no motive currently.
LS1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 05:43 PM   #4
V
Stalker

No real change for me. Taking mondays off to help watch the kids since that the wife's busiest work-at-home day. My boss said I can work late the rest of the week to make my 40 hours and any overtime. Was hoping to get a few things taken care of on the gto/monaro but no free time.

Last edited by V; 04-07-2020 at 05:43 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 06:27 PM   #5
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Unemployed so trying to do **** round the house. Tough getting material or justifying spending money. Waiting on cares act to start paying up.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:29 PM   #6
wretched73

Quote:
My time at work changes day to day. Last week I worked 2 full days, 2 half days, and 1 day off. Used my paid time off to make up the lost hours. Monday we had a meeting letting us know us that we can use “supplemental unemployment” to make up for hours. So every week I’ll have to submit for the missing hours. Sucks. Was hoping to stay busy enough during this whole thing but whatever. Feels like crap to have to go on unemployment

As for projects so far I have:

1. Started to throw out a bunch of stuff in my garage, creating much more room. Still have a lot of junk to toss.

2. Played with my RCs a lot. Empty roads in the industrial areas by me are great for speed runs. And have been tooling around the yard building obstacles for the crawler

3. Fast 102 intake instal on friends C5 Z06, what a pain. Part of me wonders why fast is the go to name. A lot of their stuff fits like crap.

4. Fiber optics & friends w. BLS

Still need to do rear main and put trans back in car, just no motive currently.
Don't feel bad about taking unemployment, you pay into it with every pay check and I'm sure you'll end up paying into it far far more than you will ever take

Quote:
Quote:
Seven.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #7
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Still working and busier than expected but not complaining. Car work here and there with a Pal or two while practicing social distancing and Shore Points BBQ whenever possible.

Bird's oil pan gasket is leaking horrendously because I decided it was a good idea to change it when trans/clutch were out. I regret this decision so it's laid up while I wait for a new pan, gasket and Pal support.

Mercedes audio system decided to go all nutty after attempting to jump start car from sitting longer than planned. It fried an important module in the car and killed the head unit itself. While diagnosing I damage the fiber optic line to the nav unit in trunk so after too many text messages, Cpt 4L60E came to the rescue with the proper tools to repair the line. I just got the new/used head unit in today and it all works. Thrilled. Also was able to get the main cats replaced in the car as well as I've been neglecting a CEL for a while. Interesting times but it all got done well.

Working on a couple custom headlights when I feel like it. Doing a Dodge Ram headlight with some custom paint work and massive projector for all the light.

Had a job interview (for me) via video which was a new experience. I'm not planning a jump but it's good to keep the options open.

Murdered a few shows I have been meaning to get to.

Other than that, like everyone else I will be glad when this is done.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 04-07-2020 at 06:46 PM.
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:31 PM   #8
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Not a lot of change for me except the golf courses and bars are closed so that leaves more time for yardwork, biking and fishing. I've been out in the boat the last 3 days, mowed the lawn, cut back some vines, put down some grass seed and fertilizer.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:16 PM   #9
KirkEvil
10 Second Club

Overall little change for me since I work a half mile away from one job and run the other self employed out of the house. Definitely caught up on some home, car, and other fun projects.

Fiance is also working FT from home and I haven't killed her yet. Win? We started doing the 700 in 7 workout - 4 sets of 25 push ups, crunches, and squats everyday. #fatshame

Going through Wegmans was an experience today. Came to a realization that facemasks do jack **** when I walked by a kid doused in cologne, saturated my mask and thats all I could smell for he next 3 isles.

Also drinking too much, still.
KirkEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #10
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkEvil View Post
Overall little change for me since I work a half mile away from one job and run the other self employed out of the house. Definitely caught up on some home, car, and other fun projects.

Fiance is also working FT from home and I haven't killed her yet. Win? We started doing the 700 in 7 workout - 4 sets of 25 push ups, crunches, and squats everyday. #fatshame

Going through Wegmans was an experience today. Came to a realization that facemasks do jack **** when I walked by a kid doused in cologne, saturated my mask and thats all I could smell for he next 3 isles.

Also drinking too much, still.
I'm surprised you haven't added a couple floors to your house with your increase in spare time. Or perhaps just delayed because the town offices are not open to provide permits....

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 08:37 AM   #11
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
I'm surprised you haven't added a couple floors to your house with your increase in spare time. Or perhaps just delayed because the town offices are not open to provide permits....
he don't need no stinkin permits

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:06 AM   #12
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Still operating from home for myself and the rest of the office, and swinging by jobs and appts as necessary since we are still essential.
No real projects going on and we aren't starting anything new in NJ at this time, just doing maintenance/leak calls in PA and NJ.

Been alternating WFH time from my house and my GF's in the Poconos. Been doing more work at her house than my own
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:58 PM   #13
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
Still operating from home for myself and the rest of the office, and swinging by jobs and appts as necessary since we are still essential.
No real projects going on and we aren't starting anything new in NJ at this time, just doing maintenance/leak calls in PA and NJ.

Been alternating WFH time from my house and my GF's in the Poconos. Been doing more work at her house than my own
you see they are shutting down all 'non-essential' construction as of Friday?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 02:20 PM   #14
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
And grocery store shens.....
Old 04-08-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
wretched73

I've also lost about 15 lbs. I was planning on losing about 20-30 lbs by summer but i think i'm going to shoot for 30 now, bringing me to a lean mean 175.

Less going out means its easier to watch what and how much i eat, and even more so, limit my alcohol intake.

Quote:
Quote:
Seven.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:01 AM   #16
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Working from home and grad school have kept me plenty busy during the day. The Firebird is still at my Parents and unfortunately I don't have the tools or space at my place now to work on it.
Old 04-09-2020, 11:21 AM   #17
townsend

worked from home 4 days last week, my 2 engineers were getting lazy without me there so had to go in this week and crack the whip. Technically the buildings are open to tenants but closed to public. so catching up on maintenance and painting etc.

Had to shut down the construction division anyway, couple of the tenants we were doing some work in do not want anyone in their freshly sanitized spaces.

Fiance is laid off until may (hopefully).

All projects on back burner for now, except my rc's. started building a track in the back yard for my buggies.

Doing 80mph on 80 has been nice with the lack of traffic. Been getting from hackensack to phillipsburg in an hour and ten mins. normal commute is 1.5-2 hours on average.

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #18
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Yes, but again repairs and preventive maintenance are vague. Not a big deal since we weren't really hoping to start new projects at this point anyway.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #19
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

Been working through it because essential ... slowed down a lot but not as much as I thought.

Wifey wife works for a virtua practice. They slowed down and do more teledoc and stopped all unnecessary patient visits. See what next week brings. Hopefully she wont have to use PTO time if they send her home..

I did manage to paint the 3rd bathroom in the house since we are temporarily not working saturdays. So .. yey...

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
deadtrend1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 05:52 PM   #20
MDSheds_SS
11 sec club

Social Networks:

Made it through 3 rounds of lay offs at work, but big projects are shut down now so just catching up on PM work.
Moved my shed, built new shelves to get more stuff in there. Prepping for new pool project.
Awaiting parts/pipes for bumper exit headers.
86 Buick GN Lesabre 1 of 117 (4-Sale)
MDSheds_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 06:11 PM   #21
6spdg37s

Im working everyday, but were not taking any pay... so except being broker and lysoling the **** out of cars before we touch them everything is pretty much the same...
6spdg37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 12:13 PM   #22
townsend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
Yes, but again repairs and preventive maintenance are vague. Not a big deal since we weren't really hoping to start new projects at this point anyway.
We just got clarification that small crews are allowed as long as they follow social distance guidelines and ppe guidelines. Maintenance and landscape work is allowed.

The big shutdown of construction was for stuff like american dream etc.

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 01:01 PM   #23
captnjan

Self-isolating, even from my wife and kid, because I started working on a Covid-19 floor at the hospital, transporting patients and helping nurses as they enter and leave the "hot zone".
Luckily my house has a finished downstairs, so it's comfortable... but it sucks having to stay away from my loved ones. I will go upstairs (with a mask on) and watch some TV with them, but I still stay 6 ft. away.
I have gotten to work on the choke problem on my Z28. Also might tackle other projects that are (hopefully) within my capabilities- replacing rear shocks and springs, figuring out loose steering issues, etc.

Stay healthy everyone.
captnjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 02:04 PM   #24
WayFast84

I had a huge scare with my Dad at the end of February right before this all happened. I'm very fortunate to be able to say that he's doing much better. He's on oxygen and I've been very focused on helping my family as much as possible. I am working from home, even though it feels like more work I'm grateful to be employed. I lost some business from my cleaning company since my clients have been forced to shut down. I'm also taking two grad courses which have been a disaster to do online because the professors are "old school". Luckily, I've been splitting time between my apartment in Old Bridge and my Mom's in Edison just trying to stay sane and somewhat productive on my papers and cars.
WayFast84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:34 AM   #25
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6 View Post
Working on a couple custom headlights when I feel like it. Doing a Dodge Ram headlight with some custom paint work and massive projector for all the light.
jerk

finished redoing flooring on our 1st floor, just started clearing out garage and organizing all my materials. finishing up the subaru too working from home is real nice, but definitely need a day or 2 a week to be in the office so I can focus on work better
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol

Last edited by ThoR294; 04-13-2020 at 06:40 AM.
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge