Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 PM   #51
BonzoHansen
Admin.

you can if you get the right ones. you also need to match sway bars. all that is part of your discussion with Blake. what you have now might not be a good match and cal tracks might cause binding on corners.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #52
townsend

10-4, ill call him tomorrow. i could prolly get longer bars and run them on my truck! haha

2021 Charger Scat

Wrench/driver 94 Camaro Ellwein 385/D1SC/CPT 4l60e/9" slow pile
townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #53
townsend

we have been using your line in your sig as inspiration to do it right the first time, we dont wanna put it together and have to take it apart 20 times cuz we cut corners on this or that

also will be doing the inboard rear shock setup too

2021 Charger Scat

Last edited by townsend; 01-30-2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #54
NHRABill

Cool project!

Just get her safe, Flinstone free and driveable. I made the mistake a few times over the years by doing too much to a car and not enjoying it. Nothing wrong with a updated safe chassis, crate motor with a 700r4, moderate gears good paint. Driving it it sure beats watching everyone else as you save $$$ waiting to buy that special part because its a snowball down a big hill you get one special part you want it all and it takes forever to finish. But who am I to talk its your show.

You might appreciate this. the car was a project my brother and I were working on now it is all his. its was a 72' Nova.

NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #55
townsend

wow, totally opposite direction, but damn cool man. that thing looks awesome. was that car for sale recently?

BonzoHansen, i retract my statement about making a leafspring car handle. i just read a popular hotrodding article on making a 68 nova handle like a beast with leafsprings, and feel that ours is going to handle quite nicely when we are done.

once again, i really appreciate everyones input. now if only i could make my 94 c1500 handle id be happy

2021 Charger Scat

Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #56
NHRABill

Quote:
Originally Posted by townsend View Post
wow, totally opposite direction, but damn cool man. that thing looks awesome. was that car for sale recently?
I posted it for sale here at end of last summer and on CL for a couple weeks got tired of calls asking if they can drive it on the street

My brother gave me a few bucks and said he was keeping it just bought a he bought a new trans and shifter so now it may make a full pass. made a few passes last year was frustrated with stupid issues fixed it all then the trans went. Hey that is part of the game.

I Dig Novas always have and when I saw your thread I was happy to see someone bringing another back . Wish you luck and hope to see it cruising this summer

Last edited by NHRABill; 01-31-2013 at 12:15 AM.
NHRABill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 AM   #57
townsend

thanks man. my father-inlaw had a 74 ss when he was in high school, he turns 50 this year so he got the itch and we found a 74. he didnt care if it was a ss, as long as it had big bumpers and turn signals in the grille haha. hopefully it will be done sometime in this lifetime

2021 Charger Scat

Old 02-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #58
townsend

well, the project has made a turn. given we want to drive this thing, and now have to really worry bout a new motor, we are steering (pun intended) away from the speedtech subframe and going with all classic performance suspension products. after reading up on the project 68 nova popular hotrodding did, they have the same goals, yet achieved it while spending ALOT less. plus, its literal bolt on parts, and the combination from them should work quite nicely.

the list is being compiled of parts, and the saving has begun to get this ball rolling on the metalwork.

2021 Charger Scat

Last edited by townsend; 02-01-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:21 PM   #59
townsend

*update* car is not dead, just being saved up for. since rpm is booked for the year, we have time to start gathering other parts for the build. grabbing up coolmanvette's hurt lt1, harness, and such for a lt1 swap now. motor will be going to E.R.E. for a street 383 build.

2021 Charger Scat

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects