Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Notices

Old 02-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #26
quickkris2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
Can i have the roof of the Trans Am? lol
just took the car to the scrap yard this morning!!! if u would have been able to say something sooner i would have cut it off for u! but u dont want it now cuz it was getting stuck in the snow so we actually rolled the car over on its roof and draged it out of the sno that way and up on the trailer on it roof lol sry man..
quickkris2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #27
V
Stalker

haha its ok. i have a race car thats ttops but im trying to find a roof section from a hardtop car to make a full "targa" roof to replace them and reduce weight.

Last edited by V; 02-03-2011 at 06:54 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #28
quickkris2006

There's a junk yard here in new egypt that has a few 4th gen camaro hard tops if ur interested pm me I got no problem going over to cut it off
Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 AM   #29
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by V View Post
haha its ok. i have a race car thats ttops but im trying to find a roof section from a hardtop car to make a full "targa" roof to replace them and reduce weight.
6LE has fiberglass and carbon fiber roofs. They are expensive though. 198esp has a cf roof too, pretty reasonable with pricing.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 AM   #30
greenformula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickkris2006 View Post
There's a junk yard here in new egypt that has a few 4th gen camaro hard tops if ur interested pm me I got no problem going over to cut it off
blaceys is good....nothing like a good ol u pick it

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #31
quickkris2006

Yes sure got about 5 turd gens there and a few 4th gens v6s there also
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #32
quickkris2006

huge change in direction.. im going to sell or scrap the camaro and go with my buddys 86 ta with an 8 point cage.. ill have pics up soon..
Old 02-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #33
maroman88
12 Second Club

looks like u were making good progress... a third gen camaro vert is much cooler and worth more then an 86 TA... IMO, would hate to see another vert junked
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:24 PM   #34
V
Stalker

before junking it, try to sell it on here.
who knows, by then i may be looking to buy an 11th vehicle.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:01 PM   #35
quickkris2006

yes i know the verts are worth more and all but ive owned 4 camaros all third gens since i ve had my license.. 7 years now.. thats all ive ever really driven.. beisides some beaters.. its time for a change and for a super solid 86 ta with an 8 point cage for 400$ hell yea.. now if someone wants to offer me a spot in there back yard or drive way to park the vert till i get back from basic training in september i would love to keep it believe me its my highschool car and i love it with all my heart but right now im just feeling the ta.. im ganna kick myself in the ass a few years down the road but.. so does everyone else.. and i think i found a buyer for it anyway.. so all is well.. i wouldnt have been able to take it to the jyard myself.. i would have broken down and turned around ..
Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #36
quickkris2006

and i shouldnt have said scrap.. i never intended on scraping it.. that would have been a last resort..
Old 02-12-2011, 10:11 PM   #37
ZeroCool8891

yea i scraped my 88 iroc vert a few months back, i had it up for 500 bucks as a rollor clean body and title but nobody wanted it, i had it up for sale for a year.
ZeroCool8891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #38
quickkris2006

camaro is sold!!! hope to have the ta in the garage by next week!
Old 02-15-2011, 01:39 PM   #39
quickkris2006

IM CHANGING DIRECTIONS WITH THIS BUILD.. im going to part out the camaro vert and go with a buddys 86 trans am.. he recently picked up a 94 formula and has no more use for the shell of a ta sitting in his driveway.. the main reason im doing this is because my camaro has MAJOR body damage.. and the ta is ready for paint with a quick layer of high build primer and a good wet sanding.. it also has an 8 point cage.. here are some pics..

this car was being set up for an all out drag car.. and is the perfect base for what i want.. i have missed my ttop so much.. and this car has no rust what so ever and the body is perfectly straight.. only 1 problem i see is that i cant put in windshield wipers on the car again.. it was welded shut and from what the po told us is that he welded piping in from there to the subframes of the car.. the car also has fully custom subframe connections that run the complete length of the car and makes the car super stiff..

the story behind the car is kinda cool too i actually was at the scrap yard unloading some scrap and i look accross to the gate and in comes this ta on the back of a trailer.. and then they start pushing it off the trailer.. i run over to them and ask them what they are doing and they answered that they were getting rid of the car .. i asked them what the scrap yard was giving them for it and they said 250 i told them i would give them 300 if they towed it down the street to my house.. which they did.. and then my aunt flipped out and so i sold it to my best friend for the 300 and now im buying it back.. i have made my decison.. it will cost me less money in the long run for body work. and im kinda tired of the camaro look.. i love it but its time for a change.. ill be pulling everything that i can from the camaro and putting it into the trans am.. the complete 4th gen interior i have worked into my camaro will be comming back out and going into the trans am.. along with everything else..
Old 02-15-2011, 01:43 PM   #40
quickkris2006

i plan on cutting out the side bars and put swing outs on it becuase i hate having to climb over that everyday..
Old 02-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #41
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

You should POR 15 that floor pan
Old 02-15-2011, 06:56 PM   #42
quickkris2006

Yep already plan on it along with dynomating it n the under carriage will be coated in a truck bed liner

That rust is the rear floor pans is just surface rust I was able to wipe it away with my hand..
Old 03-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #43
quickkris2006

finally an UPDATE !!!

got the trans am to my garage yesterday and picked up a lil camaro parting gift for myself for the ta.. got a few more comming too!!!

and now for the new item i got for her..

i have a few more goodies that i got for the car with the sale of the camaro.. just no pics yet!! but very very good items.. i plan on having the motor in the car this weekend and restart the wiringand interior of the car.. shouldnt be hard since i already did it all once

also im thinking of starting a new thread for the trans am transformation and if i do i will post a link here and update both threads the same..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:49 PM   #44
quickkris2006

havent updated this thread in a while so im ganna catch it up with my orignal

BIG UPDATE ON THE CAR!!!!!

Motor,gas tank, rearend,new motor mounts, engine bay harness and interior harness are in!!!!!!

I was busy over the weekend.. I did the complete rearend and gastank swap by myself in about 3 hrs then today me and a buddy got the motor in..

But with me losing my job I don't think the car will be running before I leave for the military in april.. if I had know I was ganna lose my job I wouldn't have bought the hood or other goodies for the car and just gotten what I needed.. but they were a really really good deal that I just couldn't pass up.. so inless someone wants to donate me there old spark plug wires and opti cap, battery cables, I don't think ill be able to get her going before I leave.. I can't put anymore money into the car inless I have money comming in and I leave april. 11 for basic so it would be stupid to get another job and then have to leave.. it sucks comming this far and being so close to just watch it be pulled away from me.. anyway I plan to get what I have done like the interior and all the wiring and just see how far I can get before I leave.. I wasn't expecting to be able to drive the car since all the brake lines needs to be replaced but I would have liked to at least have had it started.. either way I come back from basic ill have a few grand saved up and ill be able to buy all new brakes for the car with braided lines and what ever else I need.. I have other project I need to worry about before I leave like puting my trans ,shocks ball joints and tie rods back in my f150 so my wife can tow her horses around while I'm gone, ill have pics of the trans am up soon.. my ranting is done lol

i have to trim the carpet for the roll cage and i didnt get to that today i wanna take my time and do it carefully i will probably do that tomorrow and here are some other random pics i took today it was so nice out for a change that i decided to push it outside and work on the interior where i could fully open the doors.. made it alot easier with the rollcage

Last edited by quickkris2006; 03-23-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:07 PM   #45
quickkris2006

ok guys got a lil more of an update.. motor is back out.. as i said before i just had it sitting in there.. well as it was sitting in there i saw a lil oil pool up on the floor checked it out and the oil pan gasket was leaking so i pulled her back out and threw a new gasket on there. i never really had it bolted in there so it really didnt matter.. well now i cant seam to line it up on the motor mounts.. ive heard people mixing up the mounts so i droped the spindles again and this time took the springs out since i was tired of fighting them. but i still cant get it to line up right.. im tired of fighting with it in the car im ganna drop the k member, bolt the motor mounts to the motor and then hook up the trans and lower the car ontop of the motor im tired of messing with this.. also went to the junk yard with a buddy the other day looking for parts for him and came across a caprice with the lt1 in it and got a set of msd wires that had only been on the car for 1500 miles! tuned up was marked at 145k and the odo only read 146k!!! looked brand freakin new.. also got my power steering pump and a few odd bolts just in case so now the only thing i need is an alternator and a opti cap and i should be able to start her up after i hook up the wiring.. i think the only thing than can hold me back from that is the pass key since i switched steering coloums.. if thats the case ill have to wait till i get back from basic and send the computer out to be tuned.. ill have some more pics up soon.. probably doing the motor tomorrow
Old 03-23-2011, 11:08 PM   #46
quickkris2006

ok well the motor trans and k member is back in!! finally!!! man that took longer then it needed to .. now i just gatta muscle the springs back in and get the wheels on and roll her outside to pull in my cough cough.. ford f150 to put a trans in if it was anything like taking it out im ganna be haiting life..

things left to finish up the ta..

connect all ground wires on harness.. interior and exterior..
connect the engine harness with interior harness and ecu
get an alternator
waiting on my new opti and batter cables to come inand hook them up
install headers
intall underdrive pulley
install waterpump
install seats
cut carpet around roll cage
install driveshaft
intall new hood hindges and struts
bolt hood on
install new weather stripping
rewire headlights
install dash pad
install SS brake and fuel lines
install radiator and hoses
fuel in the tank and then (im sure theres plenty more)

TURN THE KEY!!

i know it wont all happen before i leave but i would atleast like to have it started before i go
Old 03-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #47
quickkris2006

updates for today!

the weather was really crappy today and i had court in the morning so i didnt get much done really lol i got the driver side spring back in and got the strut bolted up man what was a pita without the spring compressor! but with a long prybar 3lbs sledge and a good jack it went in with a good amount of effert.. the other side shouldnt be so hard since i did it once now..

im having 1 problem now i went threw my bucket of bolts and cant seam to find the trans cross member bolts.. so its being held up by a jackstand right now i have some bolts that go in but dont get tight so i need to go to the store and get 1 size bigger.. man do i hate buying bolts and such when i have 2 buckets full of them.. i guess the 4th gen bolts arrent the same or i have the wrong ones.. o well either way here are the pics from the motor and trans install.. i still think this way is the easyiest way just takes a lil time and u dont have to worry about scratching a nice engine bay paint job this way! mines only rattle can but still.. trying to fit a motor and trans in that things are ganna get scratched.. .. ** note to anyone thats decided to put the motor and trans in this way u dont have to take the springs out to do it.. i removed them to intall the mounts cuz i was tired of fighting them!.. **

* to u 4th gen guys thats kinda the only way to get ur motors in and out.. but it sure is nice being able to access the whole motor from the top with the 3rd gen..

anyway here are the pics from the motor install..

sry for the crappy cell pics.. my droid isnt the best with out a steady hand and it was pretty cold out.. altho not as cold as it was when i took the motor out of the 4th gen.!
Old 03-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #48
quickkris2006

plans for tomorrow are to get the tranny bolts in and get the other spring in.. get the car back on the ground and depending on weather need to push it outside if its nice or if its nasty out ill start on the wiring and possibly the headers.. should have put the headers in before but i need gaskets so that had to weight and i wanted the motor in

thread is not up to date again .. so what do u guys think?
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #49
quickkris2006

Wow no love?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #50
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

We've had some pretty cold days, doesn't seem to have slowed your progress!
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Member's Projects

Tags
project