Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 05:55 PM   #51
NastyEllEssWon

also if marijuana is legalized it would boost tourism
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #52
NastyEllEssWon

im glad that njfboa is able to discuss this issue maturely thanks guys
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #53
69BirdX
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
just so we're all on the same page: i lament the fact that US dollars go anywhere but back into our economy. we've shot ourselves in the foot long ago, and continue to do so every time an american dollar goes outside the US.

there are a lot of things that could fix our economy, not the least of which would be to legalize marijuana. we could fix our trade deficits to countries like japan. we could spend more of those tax dollars that are being spent warehousing non-violent (read: drug users) offenders in prisons. we could make a better product and advertise that fact not only in the US but aboard. we could stop our leaders from squandering our tax dollars in frivolous ways. the list is endless, but mostly what keeps us from fixing things like this is that people are getting rich from our tax dollars. that is what has to stop, more than anything else. so fix the system before you think about legalizing MJ. otherwise, it will just become another way for our leaders to get fat.
I can agree to that. One of our major problems is Global trade. Almost everything that is manufactured is done outside the US. Sadly i countries where they dont care about pollution and the working class.

Another major problem with our economy is unions. What a mess all that is

The system is corrupt most politicians are theives and liars
'04 Pontiac GTO....Sunday Funday Special

69BirdX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM   #54
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Techno + monster energy drinks = problem solved.

I winnzzz
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #55
Frosty

Don't forget the glowsticks

Techno isn't music...
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #56
LTb1ow

And I think theres just a stigma against drugs that is just not there for booze. Between the two, I would bet weed causes way less problems than drinking does.... IDK. I am good product of the anti drug campaign in the 90s..... Sooo yea.

And a friend brought this one up, when we went to school, it was pounded into our heads that smoking/injecting drugs were horrible horrible things to do. Whereas, booze, huh? whats that? Oh drinking is normal and a fine thing to do....
Old 05-07-2009, 08:32 PM   #57
NastyEllEssWon

wow this thread was going fine until the shmoozer twins had to come and inject random crap into it.

in school they always told you that alcohol was a drug, if they didnt in yours then wtf. maybe you didnt pay enough attention during health/dare program?
but yeah this is a mature discussion. take your hijinks to another harbor
Old 05-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #58
LTb1ow

Wait what?

I confused...

And nasty, I never had dare program offered to me. I did pay attention to the health class, and alcohol was really lightly covered compared to the heavy drumming of drugs drugs drugs.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:40 PM   #59
NastyEllEssWon

wow in our curriculum...which i know wasnt the best offered....specifically cause i was ''educated'' in trenton schools systems ...they hammered it down that ALCOHOL IS A DRUG and is WIDELY ABUSED because its LEGAL but also causes all types of health problems later on in life.

im not even gonna get into the alcohol vs marijuana debate. cause thats a whole 'nother thread
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #60
LTb1ow

Well it goes hand in hand with the legalization of weed.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #61
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Well it goes hand in hand with the legalization of weed.
Yeah I have to agree with that.

As far as the DARE program, I think I had it when I was in 4th grade but I was too stoned, er, too young to remember it.

Seriously though, I think I was like 9 or 10 when we had DARE...like I knew WTF PCP and Meth were at 10 yrs old....

The "war" on drugs is ********. It used to be a HUGE HUGE HUGE money maker for the government but that's starting to change. Drugs like heroin and meth should be illegal but if alcohol is legal and regulated then marijuana should be too.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 05-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #62
LTb1ow

It is just plain stupid to jail some kid who had some weed on him etc. I mean you don't go to jail for having booze, officer dumps your booze out in front of you, and takes ya home for your parents to discipline you.

That being said, I am still not a fan of any legalization measures of weed. If you wanna outlaw booze to be fair, fine by me. Why must people need some drug to escape reality? No matter how high you get, you gotta come down sometime....
Old 05-07-2009, 08:58 PM   #63
madness410

ive heard alcohol is worse than MJ.
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #64
LTb1ow

Yea, can't OD on weed, or ruin your liver.

But your inhaling smoke, and in that, carcinogenics. hello cancer.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM   #65
madness410

same with cigarettes though and those are legal...and make u smell like asspiss too
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #66
Frosty

Quote:
That being said, I am still not a fan of any legalization measures of weed. If you wanna outlaw booze to be fair, fine by me. Why must people need some drug to escape reality? No matter how high you get, you gotta come down sometime....
Smoking a J every now and again is no different than having a drink.

There's a HUGE difference between having something that you enjoy on occasion compared to abusing it and going overboard.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #67
LTb1ow

I suppose, but you can't think single people here.

We are talking about America, the most over indulgent, greedy, and self destructive population ever most likely.... I just do not see legalizing weed to be only used in "moderation" by "mature" people every once and awhile.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:09 PM   #68
Frosty

True but then what makes weed ANY different than alcohol? Nothing.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #69
LTb1ow

Never said there was, what I said was the public is ok with booze, don't know why, but it is.

Until the stigma of drugs is gone, which would take a few generations of no anti drug campaigns and the zealot mothers to die off, legalization will not happen nicely...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #70
Knipps

Quote:
It is just plain stupid to jail some kid who had some weed on him etc. I mean you don't go to jail for having booze, officer dumps your booze out in front of you, and takes ya home for your parents to discipline you.

from the same guy who said
Quote:
Wootssssss

everrcleearrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #71
LTb1ow

Yup, I never said I am a good person. I have my vices. However, I would not cry much if alcohol was outlawed.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:16 PM   #72
bubba428

hmmm....I think, I need a drink. honey bourbon on the rocks. Pot is what ever. so many people smoke it, its pointless to even try. tax it, make money, what ever. honestly I've never seen somebody as wasted on a little smoke as i have booze(my self included, especially). the only problem is the next thing is psycodelics(sp?). I mean if pot is legal why not shrooms or acid? they have no physical addiction and impair one just as much as alcohol, and any good stoner knows NEVER to go out side if your trippin so you would see much of that in drivers. I'm not saying its a good idea, not saying it'll happen. but its a simalar arguement.
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #73
NastyEllEssWon

yup everyone knows the statistics on pot vs alcohol. its impossible to die from ingestion of marijuana.

Quote:
Today 10:01 PM
Shownomercy Yea, can't OD on weed, or ruin your liver.

But your inhaling smoke, and in that, carcinogenics. hello cancer.

there are things call vaporizors that heat up the marijuana without any smoke all you inhale is pure thc. you can also heat up the marijuana to release the thc into a substance such as cooking oil or butter to injest therefore eliminating the need to smoke it and risk carcinogenics and smoke.

the levels on which marijuana can be used are endless. but i digress. i used to smoke cigarettes and never bitched about them taxing it. if they legalized marijuana it would be a tax that i would have no problem paying.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #74
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
I mean if pot is legal why not shrooms or acid? they have no physical addiction and impair one just as much as alcohol, and any good stoner knows NEVER to go out side if your trippin so you would see much of that in drivers. I'm not saying its a good idea, not saying it'll happen. but its a simalar arguement.
trippin is so 70's dude. and ^ makes no sense at all.
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #75
Knipps

Actually, Psilocybin has shown medical benefits as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge