Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #76
madness410

wtf knipps i knew u were going to butt in here with ur pharmacology terms lmao. what is psilocybin?
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:40 AM   #77
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
wtf knipps i knew u were going to butt in here with ur pharmacology terms lmao. what is psilocybin?

magic mushrooms
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #78
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
magic mushrooms
Shrooms; Magic Mushrooms; Sacred Mushrooms; teonanácatl; Liberty Caps, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 AM   #79
madness410

so what was wrong with just saying shrooms
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #80
Knipps

because that's not the beneficial part

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #81
bubba428

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
trippin is so 70's dude. and ^ makes no sense at all.
it did at the time, now it kinda looks like bable...o well
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:55 AM   #82
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

Nasty, I think the percentage THC with a vap is above 80% correct? As far as I know, that is the highest percentage you can do, and you still are inhaling smoke....
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #83
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shownomercy View Post
Nasty, I think the percentage THC with a vap is above 80% correct? As far as I know, that is the highest percentage you can do, and you still are inhaling smoke....

its over 80 percent. 80 percent at the least. theyre very efficient. eating thc induced products is somewhere close to like 75 percent thc effectiveness. smoking is the quickest and most direct rate. while i lived in california i was introduced and used all types of thc induced products. such as a ben gay with thc properties or suntan lotion infused with thc. works like a charm
Old 05-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #84
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Guys, back to the topic of the economic benefits outlined by the OP. This isn't a place to discuss the use of illegal narcotics.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #85
NastyEllEssWon

we got a bit sidetracked. still talking about possible legal uses of the product though.

import/export/manufacturing/pharmaceutical/recreational/fuels

that would pretty much bring MADE IN AMERICA back to america
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #86
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:

but matt i think the reason why they dont legalize other drugs such as meth, PCP, cocain or heroin is the fact that those are highly addictive drugs. marijuana is proven to not be addictive. also you can overdose pretty easy on some of them. i havent heard of a marijuana overdose
i didnt read the whole thread, so i dunno if this has been touched on, but if you honestly believe that, then i dont know what you're on.. how many people do you know that smoke if not daily, a few times a week, but of course its not because they're addicted, its because they like it. c'mon.
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #87
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
i didnt read the whole thread, so i dunno if this has been touched on, but if you honestly believe that, then i dont know what you're on.. how many people do you know that smoke if not daily, a few times a week, but of course its not because they're addicted, its because they like it. c'mon.
What chemicals in marijuana have addictive properties? Even if it did cigarettes have a known addictive chemical in it and that's perfectly acceptable.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #88
Knipps

Quote:
Good thing it's not addictive. How many people do you know that drink more than they should, more often than they should? Alcohol's not addictive either. Melissa, I fail to see your logic here.

Quote:
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 05-08-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #89
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
What chemicals in marijuana have addictive properties? Even if it did cigarettes have a known addictive chemical in it and that's perfectly acceptable.
cigarettes dont mess with your judgment skills or make you high though, im willing to bet that will be her counter arguement
Old 05-08-2009, 02:08 PM   #90
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

So you're saying that because there are no chemicals in alcohol that people cant be addicted to it? that's crap. for real. People get addicted to the high. I know people who can't function without smoking, and because of that their mental state (sober or stoned) is severely impaired. If it was legalized the IQ of our nation would plummet.

The difference between alcohol and weed is that someone can have a drink or two, and not be impaired, or they can keep going and get wasted. No ones going to smoke "a little bit."
Old 05-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #91
Knipps

With the same argument Video Games can be seen as addictive.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #92
NastyEllEssWon

this is heading towards a lock. you cant look at the individual with the addictive personality, theyre going to find something to get into.

the point is that the economical stimulus that legalizing marijuana will provide is outweighing the potential ''maladies'' that come from legalizing it. We can turn this country back around, bring back farming and other lost industries in america.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #93
Frosty

Quote:
cigarettes dont mess with your judgment skills or make you high though, im willing to bet that will be her counter arguement
But that wasn't the argument. The argument is if weed is addictive. I brought up cigarettes because it's a fact that nicotine is addictive. I merely ask what chemical in marijuana has an addictive characteristic.

Quote:
So you're saying that because there are no chemicals in alcohol that people cant be addicted to it? that's crap. for real. People get addicted to the high. I know people who can't function without smoking, and because of that their mental state (sober or stoned) is severely impaired. If it was legalized the IQ of our nation would plummet.

The difference between alcohol and weed is that someone can have a drink or two, and not be impaired, or they can keep going and get wasted. No ones going to smoke "a little bit."
Alcoholism has been linked to being a genetic disorder. I know people that can't get out of bed without having a beer...I know people that brush their teeth while having a beer...it's no different than what you're trying to blame weed on.

Also, you don't know anyone that's slightly impaired after only 2 drinks? You're kidding right? I guess all of your friends are seasoned drinking veterans lol. No one smokes a little bit? A few of my friends will smoke on occasion, take a few hits and be done....not to the point of being high as a kite. I don't see where you're getting your info from, you're taking the most extreme cases and trying to pass them off as the norm.

Both alcohol and weed will impair you but to say that smokers always smoke to the point where they're super high is ignorant(no offense). The IQ of the country would plummet? Right...and I'm sure the scumbag, worthless alcoholics in this country really prop up the number.

Does anyone have any type of polls and research data on Amsterdam when marijuana became legal? I'm curious to see if there was an increase of crime, motor vehicle accidents, increased number of hospital cases involving marijuana etc.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 05-08-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #94
BigAls87Z28

Whoa whoa whoa...ok where was I

Is weed a gateway drug? yes, it most deffinatly is. And thats still my biggest problem with it. Does EVERYONE fall right into heroin, coke, or something else? No, but the statistics say they do.

I would say that most people that want to do pot do it for two reasons
1) friends do it
2) rebel
Either way, people tend to go down "that" path. Some stop and have some sense. Some people go down it a little, trying something a bit more
Then some other people...well...they keep going, trying to find the next great thing.
That could be said with any drug. And yes, alcohol is a drug. Its addicting in the feeling you get, the way you are, the fun you have.
More you drink, the larger part it plays in your life.

Americans have no self-control for the most part. Thats a whole argument to itself, but taking just a small part out of it, when we see something we like, we want more.
Better, faster, stronger, quicker, harder, and we keep pushing.

Its hard line to walk...do you do it for financial reasons only because right now we are in a bit of downturn? What happens when we pull out of this? See, like Americans, we can only see whats right infront of our faces. Every single aspect of our culture is about what will happen in the next 10 mins.

Could it be a part of our national economy? Could it be something that is sustainable? What will happen when we undemonize it like we did alcohol or smoking? What happens when the pot manufacturing companies aim at kids? What about other health risks? What happens when the companies start to increase profits by adding tar and other dangerious additives some time down the road?
How will this effect our country as a whole? Will we slide deeper into a moral hole? Or will it be no different then now since pot is for the most part widly accepted as an ok illegal drug?

There are a lot of questions that have to have been answerd before you can go ahead and give it the green light.

I agree that it should be legalized, but there are so many questions and problems, some that have yet to even be raised, about this.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #95
NastyEllEssWon

by many arguments you can say that nicotine is more of a gateway drug. alcohol is too. it was easier to get ahold of alcohol and cigarettes as a kid. thats the only reason they say pot is a gateway drug. its easily available already.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 AM   #96
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
thats the only reason they say pot is a gateway drug. its easily available already.
they've been saying pot was a gateway drug since the '50s...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:03 AM   #97
Knipps

Because once kids get their hands on it, they see it's not as bad as everyone's made it out to be. They're then curious how much they've been lied to about everything else.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #98
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Any chemical result is addictive, it is a part of human nature. Addiction is not just a physical condition, it is mental as well. Gonna discuss it you have to be ready to talk about both parts.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #99
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Any chemical result is addictive, it is a part of human nature. Addiction is not just a physical condition, it is mental as well. Gonna discuss it you have to be ready to talk about both parts.
If you want to talk about psychological addiction only then you can use that to outlaw plenty of things. Typically when talking about something's addictive properties what is discussed are the physiological effects.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #100
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

This is true, my point was merely to not try to use half of the addiction argument when it is convenient.

The big problem that is still being missed is how this will effect the economy. Everyone is willing to talk about using for some reason, but the economic application has vanished from this thread. Let's get it back on that point please.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge