Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #26
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
At least the Giants and Cowboys along with their clueless fans watched their 8AM tee-time.
Typical bitter Eagles fan! I still can't believe Akers missed those kicks.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #27
Frosty

Exactly, the played "OK", "OK" isn't enough in the playoffs and against the Packers. Hats off to the Packers, their D played great. They had a pretty good game plan Vick(mimicking what the Giants and Vikings did) and it worked. Could they have won the game? Yes. But they didn't...the Packers were a better team and the better team won. That pretty much sums it up.

LETS GO FLYERS
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 PM   #28
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff View Post
Typical bitter Eagles fan! I still can't believe Akers missed those kicks.
Just stirring the pot a little. You guys should know by now that I'm not serious...well not completely serious.

Akers hitting even one of them changes the game but he didn't.

I don't like Vick much as a person but I just watched his post-game interview, it was pretty impressive...maybe he has changed.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Old 01-09-2011, 07:30 PM   #29
NjbadSS

the eagles didnt choke, you are right. They dominated the game and the pack got lucky.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #30
Frosty

You obviously don't know what the word choke means. They weren't supposed to win the game, they didn't lead at any point in the game...so how did they choke?

The Giants choked a few weeks back, the Saint choked yesterday.... so explain to me how a team a team that was supposed to lose choked?

If you're going to rip on the Eagles then make it relevant. Make fun of them on how they don't have a Super Bowl, laugh at them for another early exit but to say they choked...yeah.....no.

So now if Green Bay loses next week does that mean they choked? Did the Chiefs choke today?

Last edited by Frosty; 01-09-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:40 PM   #31
BonzoHansen
Admin.

don't get upset, eagle haters are just trying to get a rise out of eagle fans.

probably because philly fans talk so damn much but their teams rarely ever win anything.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #32
NjbadSS

Philly was the team that was supposed to go all the way and win it all, they started falling apart even before the playoffs started. Vick tried being superman but got figured out and look where it got him. Maybe another year the eagles can actually win a superbowl
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #33
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
Philly was the team that was supposed to go all the way and win it all
According to who?
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 PM   #34
NjbadSS

have you guys ever watched the nfl network? I would assume not. Lets rewind back a few weeks when they were winning, all you heard about was how the eagles were going to go right to the superbowl.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #35
Frosty

Quote:
Philly was the team that was supposed to go all the way and win it all, they started falling apart even before the playoffs started. Vick tried being superman but got figured out and look where it got him. Maybe another year the eagles can actually win a superbowl
Can you please get me the name of your drug dealer because he's selling you some good stuff. Who said the Eagles were supposed to go all the way? A few idiot Eagles fans? A few fans that are homers instead of football fans?

You're seriously delusional if you think the Eagles were supposed to go all the way...their D is way WAY too weak to make a serious run.

Again, if you're going to rip on them by all means do so but you're just making stuff up now.

EDIT: So because the NFL Network said they are they're supposed to? Really? They're just as clueless as anyone else then, their D was too banged up and way too weak overall to get through some of the heavy hitters in the NFC and quite frankly no chance against a team like the Steelers or Pats in the AFC.

Last edited by Frosty; 01-09-2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #36
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
don't get upset, eagle haters are just trying to get a rise out of eagle fans.

probably because philly fans talk so damn much but their teams rarely ever win anything.
haha, touche.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #37
NjbadSS

a few eagles fans? Actually i am a huge nfl fan and follow every show that I can. When the eagles were winning games they all were talking about how far they were going this year. Keep blabbing all you want, I can care less. As for choking, the eagles played a great season, post season was around the corner and what happened?? No more dominating games because when it counts they crumple.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #38
WildBillyT

There may have been a ton of talk about them doing well late during the season. I remember hearing some of it. But as far as I'm concerned they played today like they did throughout the season. Which wasn't enough to move on. They needed to step it up and they didn't. I just don't see the choke of it though. A choke to me is when a team looks like a bunch of a-holes who can't do anything right, OR where there's a defining point where they threw away the game. I don't see either here. JMO, of course.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #39
baddest434
8 Second Club

wouldn't "choking" be defined as ------like say, your team is winning by 31-17 in the 4th qtr and you lose 38-31. That would be choking!

what happened to the eagles today was none of that. They never even had a lead. They flat out got beat. GB was up to the task, the Eagles weren't. theres no shame in losing to GB. they are a good team. unlike the saints losing to the hawks!!

Did the better team win today? maybe, maybe not. But the team that played better today won.

so now eagle fans... jump upon the Patriot bandwagon.
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #40
NjbadSS

hmmm....patriot fan hating on the giants. Wonder why you guys would do thatttttttttttttt. Talk whatever **** you want about giants, they were supposed to have a 500 yr this year and ended 10-6.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:24 PM   #41
Frosty

Quote:
a few eagles fans? Actually i am a huge nfl fan and follow every show that I can. When the eagles were winning games they all were talking about how far they were going this year. Keep blabbing all you want, I can care less. As for choking, the eagles played a great season, post season was around the corner and what happened?? No more dominating games because when it counts they crumple.
If you say so. The writing was on the wall after the Giants game, they figured out how to handle Vick for almost an entire game. For someone that supposedly watches every show they can I figured you'd see that. Face it man, you're making comments that have no substance other than ripping on them for the sake of ripping on them.

The Eagles O-line sucks, they can't pick up a blitz so McCoy and Celek have to stay in to help block, that limits Vick's options and time to throw the ball. Flush him out to his weak side if you have to, make him throw against his body. There's the way to contain Vick for the most part. He can only do so much and the Giants exposed some the Eagles' weaknesses. Combine that with Reid's lack of commitment to the run(sounds like a broken record for the last 12yrs) and you leave Vick or any QB for the Eagles as a sitting duck.

Shall I keep going or should I refer to the NFL Network? The Packers drew up a great game plan and it worked....plus I think they paid off Akers to suck

Old 01-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #42
Frosty

Quote:
hmmm....patriot fan hating on the giants. Wonder why you guys would do thatttttttttttttt. Talk whatever **** you want about giants, they were supposed to have a 500 yr this year and ended 10-6.
Wait what? They were supposed to have a .500 season? Really? See, we can play that game with the Eagles too, this year was supposed to be a "rebuilding" year because Kolb was supposed to be the starter and it was going to take a year or two to get his feet planted as the future of the team. AT BEST the Eagles were picked to go 9-7(worse by your beloved NFL Network BTW). All of that means nothing, the game is played on the field, not by some jack offs behind a desk.

I see now why you're hating, the Giants choked their season away by blowing a huge lead to the Eagles, the Eagles sent them packing so you're bitter. It's OK, I'm bitter too but at least I got to see the Eagles play in the playoffs, even if it was another loss.

Game. Set. Match.

***this is all in good fun BTW***

Last edited by Frosty; 01-09-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #43
NjbadSS

Quote:
If you say so. The writing was on the wall after the Giants game, they figured out how to handle Vick for almost an entire game. For someone that supposedly watches every show they can I figured you'd see that. Face it man, you're making comments that have no substance other than ripping on them for the sake of ripping on them.

The Eagles O-line sucks, they can't pick up a blitz so McCoy and Celek have to stay in to help block, that limits Vick's options and time to throw the ball. Flush him out to his weak side if you have to, make him throw against his body. There's the way to contain Vick for the most part. He can only do so much and the Giants exposed some the Eagles' weaknesses. Combine that with Reid's lack of commitment to the run(sounds like a broken record for the last 12yrs) and you leave Vick or any QB for the Eagles as a sitting duck.

Shall I keep going or should I refer to the NFL Network? The Packers drew up a great game plan and it worked....plus I think they paid off Akers to suck
Was I ball busting..yes. You are very right in a lot of what you say. I admit, the eagles were a dominant team after vick took over as starting qb and they won some big games. I say they choked because they won big games but when it came down to the ones that mattered, they didnt pull it off. Vick got pressure and didnt make big plays that he typically would have. That is why I say they choked
Old 01-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #44
Frosty

Think about it though, up until the Giants game no one really drew up a plan to contain him. Credit to the Giants for basically making a film for other teams. You pressure just about ANY QB in the league and they're going to make mistakes. It was just magnified that much more for the Eagles because of a bad O-line. I also blame Reid for some of that. The guy, for whatever reason, cannot adjust on the fly. It drives us fans absolutely bat**** crazy. The Eagles still have a lot to work on, as does Vick. Everyone got caught up in the hoopla because Vick was playing so well...it overshadowed the real problems.

I said it before, I had a bad feeling about this game and unfortunately I was right.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #45
WildBillyT

Quote:
It was just magnified that much more for the Eagles because of a bad O-line. I also blame Reid for some of that. The guy, for
whatever reason, cannot adjust on the fly.
Because he is too busy dreaming about baby back ribs.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:40 PM   #46
NjbadSS

I always love football debates. I am a huge giants fan, we absolutely sucked this year and didnt deserve the playoffs. Eagles deserved to go to the playoffs because they were the better team. I just dont get how they cant finish the deal. Look at the talent the eagles have, there is no reason they could not beat the packers. I feel as if vick needs to stop being superman though and play like an nfl qb. They are VERY lucky he did not get injured trying to be the hero.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #47
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
hmmm....patriot fan hating on the giants. Wonder why you guys would do thatttttttttttttt.
maybe it has something to do with SB XLII

bastards
Old 01-09-2011, 08:53 PM   #48
NjbadSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
maybe it has something to do with SB XLII

bastards
its all in good fun. I wouldnt tell many people but my pick since before the playoffs began was the patriots. As long as yas beat the jets, I am more then happy
Old 01-09-2011, 09:06 PM   #49
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
As long as yas beat the jets, I am more then happy
we better beat the jets!! i HATE that team..
honestly i have a good feeling this is "our year" again.
but you never know.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #50
Frosty

The way they're playing and the year Brady is having anything less than a trip to the Super Bowl is a poor season IMO. It makes me sick to say it but I think it's their year...again.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge