Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
vjf915

Dome light....

I have a '94 3.4 5spd......recently had to replace the battery because the other one drained several times. Today my friend and I figured out that the rear dome light was sucking power, the ground was bad so we reground the wire somewhere else. Then the dome light wouldnt turn off no matter what, door closed, interior lights switched off, turning the car on, none of it turned the light off. So we figured it might be the other wire was just giving constant power. So we rewired the whole thing to the power wire and ground wire of the lights on the rear view mirror (which cut off when the door closes) but the dome light STILL would not turn off even when the power was cut to the rear view mirror lights. As it stands now, we dont know wtf to do. The dome light hasnt worked since I got the car, so I dont really know what does and does not turn it off automatically. Any help is much appreciated. I know you guys are good for it

Edit: One possibility we had thought of, was that there is a cut off inside the actual rear view mirror, so the wires leading to it are getting constant power and thats why it wont turn off.

Last edited by vjf915; 02-11-2009 at 01:10 AM.
vjf915 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring