Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-25-2006, 10:27 AM   #1
johnjzjz

A rebut to spelling thread --yo

Good choice of topics : and i hope i can shed some light , Car guys in a garage, It has seemed to me too be in to different outlooks as far as education goes, the ones who want to make money and the ones who do, on the one hand you have the guys who were very good with all aspects of schooling, grammar, math, mechanical drawing, and very book smart , some are very good at all of it the wrenching as well. In the auto buzz reading how to fix it, writing how to get paid for it, and explaining to a customer what went wrong, are key elements. In my time or yours its the same. now the difference comes in, for you seeing bad grammar and spelling, periods or a comers and what ever a ( SYNTAX ERROR ) is for me seeing the wrong length bolt or crooked install, its how you see it / how i see it. I dropped out of HS to go to work in a Flying A gas station 5 1/2 days a week for 75 bucks take home, 8 months later i was in the US Army, at 43 years old i retired from the car buzz 15 years ago last Oct , Nobody ever gave me anything never had a loan from a bank and i owned all the cars in the dozen limo services i owned, as well as the Rolls Royce restoration shop and 8 Rolls cars all restored buy me at the same time i owned ME and still today have no idea how to spell or what the difference between the theirs is, does it matter ( YES ) if you are on ( line ) it shows up right away. How did i do that --- i hired a girl to run the office and bought HER an electric typewriter, than 6 more girls all i had to do was tell them what i wanted to say and they did the rest. My interest was and always has been in the workings not the penmen ship, but having said that i now wish i had been smarter - it does put you in your place so to speak with the ability of some to talk right around you, In no way do i advocate being a grammar Moron, the photos are of my Resto shop in the 80s on river road in Hackensack next to Feldner caddy and the newspaper article written about me is from Feb 21 1980 jersey record look it up , i am a what is know as a registered Rolls Royce Mechanic, and cant spell worth a dam, grammer is a distant lane to me , so i gather from reading the posts you and others look down on someone like me, OK i can live with that, but its not all about how smart you are ( OR IS IT ) ??????????????????? -- jz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0716.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	605   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0715.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	606   Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0714.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	607  

johnjzjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
j0n

I think it's pretty good idea to post this John, as not many members have had the pleasure of meeting you. I'm sure alot of members will appreciate this insight into your life and realize that regardless of how you type, you are an absolute genious when it comes to putting a car together.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Knipps

no one was going after you john but more of the younger kids who are still in school and should know the basics

but i see where you are coming from and i respect what you did

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 12-25-2006 at 10:40 AM.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:24 AM   #4
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevelle 454 View Post
no one was going after you john but more of the younger kids who are still in school and should know the basics

but i see where you are coming from and i respect what you did
a while ago a few people were bashing him for his typing skills.

from what I've heard about you john, your typing wont make me think any differently about you. I know you're a well respected engine builder and thats all that really matters. there are people with more formal education that you who will never be able to do what you do.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
BonzoHansen
Admin.

John, you have no reason to be defensive. As mentioned, it is directed at some of the guys here (mostly younger, I think) who type completely illegible nonsense, or seem to think everything is a text message and can’t spend enough of their precious time to type full words. To me, they show no respect for others when they type their nonsense. Crap like this:

Quote:
ahso iight...
By the way, what you type always makes sense to me. You bring a world of valuable experience here. I’d just love for you to find the ‘enter’ button, but that is because my old eyes get blurry looking at so much text!

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n View Post
I think it's pretty good idea to post this John, as not many members have had the pleasure of meeting you. I'm sure alot of members will appreciate this insight into your life and realize that regardless of how you type, you are an absolute genious when it comes to putting a car together.
(holy ****!? I agree with j0n?)

anyhow, i've known you for a very long time. in fact, you're probably one of those racers that knew me before i could walk and talk.. any time people ask me about about you, i tell them that you're an absolute genious when it comes to cars. You've probably forgotten more than i could ever hope to know, and you probably have more knowledge than anyone i've ever talked to, which, coming from someone who spends her life at various race tracks, says a lot. i think you could run circles around the "top" engine builders in our area, so clearly a formal education and proper grammar don't mean everything.

Merry Christmas to you John, and as always, tell Marc i said the same
Old 12-26-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
John, you have no reason to be defensive. As mentioned, it is directed at some of the guys here (mostly younger, I think) who type completely illegible nonsense, or seem to think everything is a text message and can’t spend enough of their precious time to type full words. To me, they show no respect for others when they type their nonsense. Crap like this:

By the way, what you type always makes sense to me. You bring a world of valuable experience here. I’d just love for you to find the ‘enter’ button, but that is because my old eyes get blurry looking at so much text!

yeah, i dont think you were included in the rant john, you misspell words, but i read what you post just as easily as i read what my dad posts . the big problem is the kids that know better and dont care. be it "net speak" or "in a hurry".

if your "in a hurry" then you dont need to be checking the forums, you need to be leaving a few minutes earlier so you dont speed and get a ticket to cry about.

everyone that knows better should be able to post readable english, you can hit the preview post button and read the damn thing for god sake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I dont think that the way you type is a problem John, Its the other crap like Bonzo said that is complete garbage and very hard to understand. That stuff pisses most of us off.

Last edited by bad64chevelle; 12-26-2006 at 04:57 PM.
bad64chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle View Post
I dont think that the way you type is a problem John, Its the other crap like Bonzo said that is complete garbage and very hard to understand. That stuff pisses most of us off.
Some of the posts actually make me sad. To get to 16 or 17 in this day & age and not be able to put down a coherent sentence. Where is my school tax money going?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge