Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey

Notices

Old 01-07-2006, 04:18 PM   #1
rich98z28

Cool ONE STAND UP DUDE!!!

foff---aka bill h ---i replaced my gears a while back came online and he helped me re-program my speedo for it CHEAP too!!!now i called him today and he said OF CORSE ILL HELP U again see im deleting my back o2 sensors and he said hed do it no probblem

so if ur like me and need some QUALLITY tunning give him a buzz---ull b a HAPPY customer...thanks Bill.
rich98z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:58 PM   #2
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

no problem rich...i just wanna see you throw some good bolt on #'s up down at the track...at some point we have to do a full tune on that hunk ...don't forget if your around we're having the monthly central meet on Tuesday.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 05:59 PM   #3
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

awwwwww...........bill has a friend. lol

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
JW

Hey Bill how much would you charge for a speedo recal. for my buddy rick and his V6 95 bird when he gets his new gears?

JW
Old 01-07-2006, 06:05 PM   #5
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Theres virtually no software available for 95 v6's that I know of...prevost might have stuff but I highly doubt it. I only handle 96+ stuff since its obd2. As long as its a license I already have for just speedo recal its $30.
Old 01-07-2006, 06:08 PM   #6
JW

Bummer, well thanx anyway, I will let Rick down easy. hehe

JW

PS. Yay for me having an 02
Old 01-08-2006, 03:20 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich98z28
..im deleting my back o2 sensors ..
What does that mean and why do it? Just curious.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

OBD2 cars have O2 sensors before and after the cats, it is supposed to be a system check to make sure the cats are in working order.
if you decide to go !cat then you can delete the codes from the computer for the second set of cats so that it never shows up as a SES light or on a scan.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #9
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
OBD2 cars have O2 sensors before and after the cats, it is supposed to be a system check to make sure the cats are in working order.
if you decide to go !cat then you can delete the codes from the computer for the second set of cats so that it never shows up as a SES light or on a scan.
He means second set of O2's, just to avoid confusion....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 06:34 PM   #10
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

But won't the disabled rear O2's show up as a not ready to test when going through inspection? If the computer shows anything not ready to test you won't pass.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
But won't the disabled rear O2's show up as a not ready to test when going through inspection? If the computer shows anything not ready to test you won't pass.
your not disabling them...your just telling them to pass everytime...even when they should be failing, nothing more...so all readiness checks will complete just fine.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
nj85z28

yea im saving for a bill tune myself....
Old 01-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
JL8Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by foff667
your not disabling them...your just telling them to pass everytime...even when they should be failing, nothing more...so all readiness checks will complete just fine.
I see. I guess they can't tell that they've been programmed yet. They'll probably be able to read that pretty soon and then fail you. I thought that they could tell if there was any change to the programming and failed you for it already.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:59 PM   #14
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

no...not yet at least...thing is DMV would have to have a database of all the OS's with all the checks is what it would come down to which there can be like 5+ operating systems per model year car if not more in some cases so your talking thousands upon thousands that would have to be cross referenced to see what tiny little byte has been changed & what exactly should be there. If it comes it will probably be a while since the CAN stuff thats coming out now has the same type of hardware for the most part & I doubt DMV is changing over a $500 million system anytime soon.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:11 PM   #15
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Thanks, I was just curious. I couldn't figure out why removing the o2s was a good thing. In this day & age, does removing cats really make that much of a difference? I thought cats were pretty free flowing now.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 11:18 PM   #16
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen
Thanks, I was just curious. I couldn't figure out why removing the o2s was a good thing. In this day & age, does removing cats really make that much of a difference? I thought cats were pretty free flowing now.
generally about a $300 difference that can go towards other mods.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #17
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

http://www.ttperformance.net/exhaust.shtml

catted ypipe-$540
ORY-$215

considering sims are ~$80
I charge $65 for code deletions & such

big difference

for people that arent tree huggers they would much rather save themselves a few bucks for sure & gain 5 hp.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #18
JL8Jeff

High flow 3" cats run about $38 each. The Pacesetter y-pipe I got cost $129 shipped. I'll be getting the cats welded into the y-pipe at some point in time to stay legal. The free flowing cats don't rob much power at all. The muffler robs a lot more than the cats. But until I get the cats added, I have to run the O2 sims (paid $50 on Ebay) so the computer stays happy(although it doesn't really matter since I already passed inspection in Nov).
Old 01-09-2006, 08:51 AM   #19
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
High flow 3" cats run about $38 each. The Pacesetter y-pipe I got cost $129 shipped. I'll be getting the cats welded into the y-pipe at some point in time to stay legal. The free flowing cats don't rob much power at all. The muffler robs a lot more than the cats. But until I get the cats added, I have to run the O2 sims (paid $50 on Ebay) so the computer stays happy(although it doesn't really matter since I already passed inspection in Nov).
we could argue about your treehuggerness all say & the fact remains cats cost more so few are willing to pay that extra $38x2+shipping+cutting & welding of their $129 off road ypipe. You also know that even moving your working cats is illegal so anythign your doing is still against the law so don't think your any better then anyone else cuz your slurging on new cats. Not to mention having cats installed is a complete pita on 4th gens & the ground clearance with most of the aftermarket cats is horrendous and it still wouldnt guarantee the computer wont throw a code meaning you'd need to cheat to pass emissions anywayz...there are thousands that have done the same thing & have throw inefficient cat codes even with perfectly functioning cats.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #20
JL8Jeff

I know it's still illegal to relocate the cats and I assumed the rear O2's still wouldn't be happy that far away so that's why I went with the sims. But there's no good reason not to run cats if they really do reduce emissions. That extra 2-3 hp at 6000 rpm's isn't doing you any good while sitting at a traffic light. If the car is driven on the road, it should have cats. If it's a race car then no problem removing the cats. And don't mess with my trees!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #21
rich98z28

WHO ACTUALLU USES MUFFLERS I HAVE AN EXHAUST DUMP TO PISS OFF everyone THE LOUDER THE BETTER AS 4 CATS POWER IS POWER 2-5-50 horses is still horses the more the merrier

Last edited by rich98z28; 01-11-2006 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:02 PM   #22
Mike
BadMod

dmv thought i had cats untill they used the mirrors, that confused them greatly, so they popped the hood and started poking around the stainless hoses of the nitrous kit...they literally stopped every bay and had all the guys come look at my car before they came over and asked how i tricked the computer into thinking i had cats.....and why i even bothered bringing it to inspection.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 11:00 AM   #23
rich98z28

i JUST isnspected my car last month so im not worried about it till what 07 till then its cats off 4 me but i will get some "bolt in " cats to pass inspection then take em back off hahahahahahaha
Old 01-15-2006, 05:37 PM   #24
Mike
BadMod

someone buy bill a lisence for ls2's......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > West Central Jersey