Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
BonzoHansen
Admin.

2009 Flemington Cruise Nights (5/30,6/13, 6/27, 7/11, 7/25, 8/8, 8/22, 9/5)

Combined emails I got on this year’s Flemington Cruise Nights. The dates are set, but the Featured Car selection is apparently not. I’ll change it if they do. I also sent them a note suggesting adding Firebirds to either Camaro night or GTO night.

Quote:
Flemington Friends,

We have many exciting new things planned for this 2009 season. We have expanded our music features that will include 3 live performances as well as a DJ. Live Music will be on Fulper (by Unity Bank), Central Ave (by Friendly Grounds), and towards north Main (by Kries Jeweler). We have added a 2nd Featured Car near Friendly Grounds (1st Featured Car will remain on Fulper at Unity Bank). We are looking for local businesses to be Featured Car sponsors for $200 per show.

Those who are spectators can “take the loop” - catch the cars along Main, go right onto Fulper to catch the 1st Featured Car, then go a few feet to the end of Fulper and go right on Central, catch the 2nd Feature Car there (near Friendly Grounds), then go right on Mine which will take you back to Main Street.

We are adding a “Scavenger Hunt” that will take place from 5 pm – 7 pm. Scavenger Hunt is open to everyone to participate. Each participant will go to Main Registration area to get a list of businesses to stop at to pick up an item; at each stop that business will hand you a special offer/discount and you will be given items that earn you points. The top three who collect the most points will win additional prizes. We are looking to hear from Flemington Main Street area businesses who will be open during the car shows that would like to participate in the hunt.

Food offerings, this year more than ever, will be taking it to the street – we are asking our local eateries to make sure they are open, offer a menu that compliments the car show, and be available with items at your front door. We are interested in hearing from restaurant owners who would like to talk to us about participating in our food court.

Our Main sponsor James Toyota-Scion is teaming up with some co-sponsors this year for each show – some early participants are McDonalds, HealthQuest, Hennessy Financial, and Flemington Hyundai. If you are interested in a being a co-sponsor with Jim, you can email him at james@toyotascion.com.

Despite the fact that many were ready to take on a weekly schedule, the majority felt that given the large undertaking that we have this year with the added features, and to make sure we do each show in a quality way, the FRBA board voted yesterday to keep the 2009 schedule at every other Saturday, however this year we will add make-up shows in the event we cancel due to weather. We will do the make-up show the following Saturday (except July 4th). The weekly format can be re-evaluated and re-looked at for 2010. The dates this year are all on Saturdays 5:30 – 8:30 pm (registration 5 pm) May 30th, June 13th & 27th, July 11th & 25th, August 8th & 22nd, and September 5th.

I have not heard back from many regarding suggestions for us to consider on Featured Car selection. Here is a draft showing some cars currently being considered:

FRBA Classic Car Show Featured Cars 2009 - DRAFT

Code:
Date       Location: Fulper Ave (Unity Bank)    Location: Central Ave (Friendly Grounds)   
May 30th:       *****Camaros*****                    Mustangs 
June 13th:      Pontiac GTO                          Chevelles 
June 27th:      Chrysler-Mopar                       USA Luxury: Cadillac & Continental 
July 11th:      Motor Cycles                         Custom-Hot Rod             
July 25th:      Corvettes                            Trucks 
August 8th:     Antiques & War Vehicles              Convertibles 
August 22nd:    Imports                              Motor Cycles 
September 5th:  Survivors (all original)             Fifties-Sixties
Flemington Car Show Live Music Schedule 2009 is complete. Thanks to all who are donating performances and for those who helped us with contacts! The Flemington Car Shows just raised the bar for the best place to be on a Saturday night. The Flemington-Raritan Business Association is proud to be able to offer our community free entertainment in these economically challenging times. Where else can you go and see great classic cars, hear live music at 3 locations (in walking distance from each other), and listen to a DJ spinning tunes at a 4th location every-other Saturday night starting May 30th 5:30 pm till dark?

Our friends and associates on the Flemington Borough Events Committee will also enhance the free music seen in Flemington by having 3 Saturdays with Music in the Park (located behind the historic courthouse) from 7 pm – 10 pm - June 27th, July 25th, and August 29th (a non-car show date). On the Saturday June 27th car show Friendly Grounds will be hosting multiple bands for their annual Music Fest (more info to follow). Our friends on the Flemington Borough Events Committee will also be coordinating “Music on Main” again this year: Every-other Thursday dates start May 28th running through August 20th 7pm – 10 pm. Last but not least Uncle Pete is doing it again – “Salsa Night” is scheduled for Friday July 17th 6 pm – 10 pm or later. Keep your eyes open for updates at www.frbanj.com

Live Music Schedule Flemington Car Shows 2009
Locations/Performers:
Code:
 Dates		Fulper Ave - Unity Bank	Main St - Kries Jeweler	Central Ave - Friendly Grounds
May 30th	Hard to Explain		Groove Dog		Dave Diangelo
June 13th	Exit Row Band		BooneScuttle5		Dave Diangelo
June 27th	Blue Wave Theory	Groove Dog		Music Fest - Varied Artist
July 11th	The Nite Owls		Pipeline West		Matt DeBlass
July 25th	The Nite Owls		Blue Wave Theory	Dave Diangelo
August 8th	The Nite Owls		Avenue B		Matt DeBlass
August 22nd	The Nite Owls		Exit Row Band		Dave Diangelo
September 5th	Octomen			Jazz Indigo		Matt DeBlass
Thanks again.

Ronald F. Van Horn, FRBA Car Show Chairman
Van Horn Financial
56 Main Street
Flemington, NJ 08822
Office Phone: (908) 806 - 6041
Cell Phone: (908) 507 - 0165

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:58 PM   #2
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Should be some good times. They have been getting pretty large.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #3
JW

Maybe a dumb question here but I noticed Camaros listed but no Firebird?

JW
Old 04-20-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

"I also sent them a note suggesting adding Firebirds to either Camaro night or GTO night."

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 04-20-2009, 02:06 PM   #5
Dilley
Silly Mustang Owner

you see some interesting cars there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beans View Post
crank hp is like measuring your dick from behind your balls.
Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
JW

Doh! I didn't read your comments Bonzo thanks.

JW
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

there is usually a good turn out, and a good variety of cars.

It would be nice for them to add firebirds too to the feature cars, i feel left out
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:39 PM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

This Saturday is Camaro night in Flemington. Weather forecast is good.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #9
BonzoHansen
Admin.

5/30 pics

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j6...%20Flemington/

Old 07-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
//<86TA>\\
Power Member

its tonight, the weather is kinda meh, but im going to at least cruise up and see what happening, anybody else going?
//<86TA>\\ is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events