Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 07-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #26
NightRydaSS

the pro 5.0, what is it like in city traffic? My SS is an everyday driver so it needs to be confortable in everyday situations. Even the Lou's short stick, what is that like? Is the Lou's stick really a shorter throw? How short is it compared to the factory Hurst shift handle? I have a tendency to "miss" 3rd when i race someone. Not grind, it just doesnt engage, i think it is how i shift when racing, normal driving is perfect, but when i race i "miss" it. I'm loking for something with a shorter throw, but i dont want a 2" stick, lol. I also need somthing that is confortable for everyday highway/city use.

Please let me kno what u guys tink!
thanks!
NightRydaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #27
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

The whole combo just really helped the car become more "user friendly" The pro 5.0 base makes the throws incredibly shorter and when you shift its a very solid & confident feeling. I haven't missed a gear since. It was one of the best investments ever. As far as the stock Pro-5.0 stick goes I believe it is the same heigh as the stock, not sure about the factory Hurst. The Lous Short Stick is probably half the size of both, and puts the shifter at a comfortable level with your arm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando56894
your interrior does look a lil wierd alex but hey its your car!
What are you talking about? I haven't done a thing to my interior. I just have a head unit right now
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM   #28
NightRydaSS

so it feels ok in around town traffic?
NightRydaSS is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline