Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 08-07-2005, 06:51 PM   #1
sleeperMULLET

Weird Noise

The other day i changed my oil, i didn't do anything different i just used a different brand oil filter and this has never happened. So i started up the engine and i heard a swirling kind of high pitch sound, so i revved the engine and at exactly 2000rpm is starts making the noise again, when i let off its sounds like it winds down, the more rpms the louder and higher pitch the noise is. Its not an exhaust leak, i check the header bolts all the time becasue everyone tells me that long tubes always come loose. I basically kneeled on top of the engine and pulled the throttle with my fingers and listened for the noise, it sounds like its coming from the back top of the engine. I asked someone to look at it, hes owns a hot rod shop, and he said it sounds like something with the fuel rails. Anyone else have this problem?
sleeperMULLET is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning