Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #1
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Where were you?

On this day 6 years ago?

I believe it was right after my first class that someone ran down the hall yelling "grab your guns they are attacking the united states" at first I didn't believe it because our gym teacher had the radio tuned in and they had mentioned a plane had struck the twin towers so I didn't think much of it until our next class our teacher had gotten a hold of a TV and was now tuned into the local news stations and we basically watched everything unfold for the next couple of classes. We were all glued to the TV and the world pretty much came to a halt. People were crying, parents came to pick up students, and from another class room I was in you could see the smoke. After class my mom & I with a few of my friends went to a cliff that over looked the city and there were a lot of people there just staring in amazement.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #2
Knipps

8th grade, our school chose not to tell us anything but kids were being pulled out of class left and right. it was (and still is) one of my friend's birthday and people were cracking jokes he had something to do w/ it (he's iranian)

it was inevitable we'd all find out because at lunch the aides were closer to the kids than the teachers. so eventually we sort of knew what was going on but didn't get the whole story i'm sure..

after school my friend's aunt picked us up and we went to an overpass over 17 and just looked at the city.. it was unbelievable

i went home and just watched CNN for hours in awe of what was going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I was in my woodshop class Junior Yr of High School. Our shop class was connected through a small hall to the drafting classroom (which the shop teacher taught also) I walked in and there was another teacher who was a pretty cool dude sitting using the computer and the mega printer in there told me to just click the TV on when I walked past it. As I walked down the hall I hear "Holy **** Jon get back here and look at this" our whole class ended up in the other room and we were there all day. School let out and I too sat there and was glued to tv and radio just to find out what was going on. A day none of us will ever forget!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I was in 7th grade, at 9 am they basically told us that the WTC had been hit by a plane. Guidance counselors are available or if someone you know works there you may go try to speak with them (counselors or person you knew). I was in the middle of history too. Teachers were just as surprised because they hadn't been briefed haha. But, as with Knipps's school a lot of people, including me, got pulled out of school real quick.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM

Last edited by Anti_Rice_Guy; 09-11-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:49 AM   #5
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

I was a Sophmore in HS....ironicly enough...in History class. Sad day
Old 09-11-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
misterjuice

on route 46 east, going to Rayco in Little Ferry.....listening to Howard Stern.

2008 G8 GT Ignition Orange - New Era OTR intake, PM-FL Axle Back, SuperChips Cortex Tune
misterjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:57 AM   #7
bubba428

I was in 8th grade science. The teacher walked in from the teachers lounge and said something about a plane flying into a building. I knew it wasn't an accident. so when I got home my mom and her friend were watching the news coverage on it, which happened to be right about the time they were fixated on doing constant replays of the collapses. what a day...
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #8
Icemansghost

I was becoming a cop in the Air Force. I was on a training detail, giving out guns to cops to shoot on the range when we found out, our shop was also glued to the tv the entire day.
Icemansghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:02 AM   #9
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
I was in 7th grade, at 9 am they basically told us that the WTC had been hit by a plane. Guidance counselors are available or if someone you know works there you may go try to speak with them (counselors or person you knew). I was in the middle of history too. Teachers were just as surprised because they hadn't been briefed haha. But, as with Knipps everyone, including me, got pulled out of school real quick.
i wasn't pulled out of class, and at first.. they wouldn't let some parents take the kids out of class

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #10
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
i wasn't pulled out of class, and at first.. they wouldn't let some parents take the kids out of class
alright i'll change it haha I meant kids got pulled out of class like kids at your school.
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 AM   #11
The Fixer

I had a free period, so I was walking around and passed my friend's classroom. She had the news on so I stopped in to see what was happening. At first, I thought it was just a little single engine plane that hit the tower, until we saw the 2nd one hit. I knew right then it was no accident. I ran back down to my classroom to tell the other teacher I shared the room with what was going on, and we wound up watching the news all day. My commute home was completely bizzare too, driving through Fort Lee and crossing over a deserted George Washington Bridge. I'll never forget it, and I hope we never have to see anything like that again.

Former Toy - '88 Monte SS - had lots of mods...
The Fixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
bubba428

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY00LmtUlqQ
bubba428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
LS1Hawk

I was in Field Bio at WPU. A girl that sat next to me told me that she heard a plane hit the WTC. She didn't know the details, so I just assumed it was a small private plane. Then in the middle of class she tells me she heard another one hit, and I knew then it must be an attack. At the end of class I went into the lobby where everyone was glued to the TVs, and just as I got down there I see the first tower collapse. Seems like it was only yesterday and I'll never forget that image. But my dad who worked for the Federal Reserve saw the whole thing up close from his office window just a block over. And my sister was working in Times Square at the time, so they were the only things I was thinking about then. I just remember speeding home thinking what the F is going on?

Last edited by LS1Hawk; 09-11-2007 at 11:30 AM.
LS1Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM   #14
Untamed

Heading north on 287 on my way to work. Got a late jump on the day. I remember it was a clear blue, sunny day which made me think about turning around and taking the day off.

Needless to say, didn't get much done at work that day.

Man after reading some of the posts above, you all are young kids!
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:43 AM   #15
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
8th grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle View Post
Junior Yr of High School.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_Rice_Guy View Post
I was in 7th grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_SOM_WS6 View Post
I was a Sophmore in HS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
I was in 8th grade
yikes, so young.

i was in my dorm at monmouth, my mom called my room and woke us all up, we turned on the tv and watched untill we found out they were locking down the campus, then we went to sandy hook and sat across the bay and watched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
Anti_Rice_Guy

Social Networks:

or you're just an old fart. Yeah my dad had some guys working in Hoboken and they called up dad's work freaking out that's how he found out about it. Needless to say since they were working on a very tall building (roofers) dad called them back real quick.
Team FARM
Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #17
bad64chevelle

http://youtube.com/watch?v=seRPJGcUs8A
Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 AM   #18
bad64chevelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
yikes, so young.

i was in my dorm at monmouth, my mom called my room and woke us all up, we turned on the tv and watched untill we found out they were locking down the campus, then we went to sandy hook and sat across the bay and watched.
Youre a little over a year older than me
Old 09-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #19
DaSkinnyGuy

I was in middle school, was just getting up to ask if I could use the bathroom when one of the hall way staff walked in and whispered to our teach as we then found out that planes had just flown right over the skys of hopatcong and had been crashed into the twin towers, an hour later I was picked up by my uncle and we went to my house to watch the coverage on the news.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
DaSkinnyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #20
slasherbarb
Fidget Lover

I was a senior in HS...we just finished homeroom and i was on my way to my ethics class...i remember cause i was dreading class cuz the giants lost to the broncos on MNF and my friend dan was ready to brag all day...in class they made an announcement that a plane has hit the WTC....i thought it was an accident...i wasn't able to get to a tv til 3rd period...by then the first building was collapsing...it all hit hard when i saw all my friends who were firefighters running out of school and everyone who had family in NYC was running home too...i saw my friend tiff breakdown when she found out her mom was okay...it was such a surreal day...it was gorgeous, i was psyched about football practice, and this all happened...i remember we all said we were gonna enlist right away...one of the proudest moments of my life is running out on the football field with the flag waving in front of us...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrOk3ki8CnM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Barb = fist pump extraordinaire
- Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
just for the record...whos falus is lodged in your sfincter
slasherbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #21
maroman88
12 Second Club

i was a sophmore in high school, and i too thought it was just an accident until the 2nd plane hit
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:22 PM   #22
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
yikes, so young.

Ha.

I was leaving my AI class my Junior year of college when a girl I knew came up and told me. Everybody was just kind of milling around campus talking, so I went back to my apartment and watched the newscasts there with my roommates.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

I was out trying to get stripes on the bird..... heard it on the radio and then saw it.

Skipped the stripes and drove to my fire house.

Tuned the fire radios into FDNY.

Heard horrible things.

Shortly after my chief arrived and we jumped on a truck and drove to another fire house - we met up with multiple other fire depts.

Eventually we were called in.

We drove right up to a park near George Washington bridge and staged with approx 30 other fire dept's.

Army helicoptors and jets were flying around.

Eventually they said they wanted to keep it FDNY and NY fd's only - no NJ FD's.

That was the last time I rode on a fire truck - shortly after I never returned.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #24
bandit88
Power Member / Load Driver

i was a senior in high school going to phychology class
I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

2011 Regal CXL TO2
bandit88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM   #25
shane27

8th grade music class, some girl whispered in my ear "we're under attack" i shruged it off. after class was over we followed our teacher to the 4th grade room. i was a little confused and completly forgot about what that girl had said to me. we sat down they turned on the news and we watched for the rest of the day.

Previous Cars: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (5spd), 1992 Mustang GT(auto), 1995 Hyundai accent(5spd)
Current Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX (5spd)
shane27 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge