Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-11-2007, 02:10 PM   #26
maroman88
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6 View Post

That was the last time I rode on a fire truck - shortly after I never returned.
i joined just after 9/11/01
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #27
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroman88 View Post
i joined just after 9/11/01

I did 9it for 14 years. I have lots of fond memories..... and other ones that will never leave my mind. Just be careful.

I think the combo of 9/11 and my family/ friends wanting me not to do it anymore and also the condition of my knees led me to make the final decision.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #28
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

I was a sophomore in college, taking a Spanish exam. As I was walking out of the classroom building I saw a small crowd in one of the auditoriums near the entrance, so I stopped to see what was happening since there wasn't normally a class there. They had the news going on the projector screen. Saw the 2nd plane hit, then went back to my dorm room, called my family back here in Jersey (since I went to school out near Pittsburgh, a little over an hour from where the other plane went down).

Watched everything else unfold from my dorm room the rest of the day.

I used to have about 15 hours worth of news footage from that day and the days after ripped onto CDs, but they got loaned to a TCNJ professor and never returned

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:33 PM   #29
trashman01
15 Second Club

i was in the office at 9:15 with cops cuz i destroyed a arab for cheering bout it

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:46 PM   #30
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
I was a sophomore in college, taking a Spanish exam. As I was walking out of the classroom building I saw a small crowd in one of the auditoriums near the entrance, so I stopped to see what was happening since there wasn't normally a class there. They had the news going on the projector screen. Saw the 2nd plane hit, then went back to my dorm room, called my family back here in Jersey (since I went to school out near Pittsburgh, a little over an hour from where the other plane went down).

Watched everything else unfold from my dorm room the rest of the day.

I used to have about 15 hours worth of news footage from that day and the days after ripped onto CDs, but they got loaned to a TCNJ professor and never returned

- Justin
i have all the frontpages (and sectionals?) from the entire week
nobody's getting their hands on them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:53 PM   #31
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

i was a...sophomore in HS i think. stupid teachers wouldnt put on the tvs so most of us were left clueless for teh first few hours before the few that knew about it spread the word...god damn nazi school

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:20 PM   #32
Batman
11 Second Club

I was at work, pre-flighting a plane for a local mission when the call came out to evacuate the flight line, we were under attack (we are less then 60 miles form NYC). Thinkig it was another "Stupid Drill" of somekind we mumbled and grumbled and shut the plane down and started to walk in with everybody. Just about then the F-16's came screaming right down the middle of the river and that is when it sank in that something was seriously wrong. I was at ground zero that night for a few hours, got re-called to go pick up a plane in Georgia and on 9/14 I left for war and have been going ever since.

On another note, this 9/11 we found ourselves at Ramstein AB in Germany (still there now ) which is a hop skip and a jump from Landstuhl Medical center which is the first stop for all the wounded ont he way home. My crew and I decided to spend the day there visiting with anybody who wanted company. It has to be tough being there all alone and most were eager to chat, even if just for a bit. Sadly there were alot of amputees who lost limbs to IED's but most were in good spirits. It was very humbling to say the least, makes me realize just how lucky I am that not a single person in my unit has suffered a major injury in the entire 6 years. Hopefully that luck will continue to hold out.

Anyway Happy Patriots day to everybody, and never forget what happened!

Edit: You guys are all so young! I was starting my sixth year of military service then!
Chasing 10's
469RWH/437RWTQ
11.05 @ 123

Last edited by Batman; 09-11-2007 at 05:34 PM.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #33
Kojak

2nd period chem class going over balancing equations my junior year in HS. An announcment came over the loudspeaker asking any students whose parents who worked at the WTC to go to the office. After that the principal came in and told us what happend. For the rest of the day we were glued to the tv watching everythign happen. Then i came back home my unucle came over with a bag of BK hamburgers, then my job called saying that their closed today so i met up with ar0ck and we headded to the cliff to see it...
Kojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:22 PM   #34
SupermanX24

I was a sophmore in High School, I believe I was in gym when I was first told. My father drives a truck in downtown NY and knew that he made and still makes deliveries in and around the trade center. the rest of that day was filled with nothing but worries and panic. Luckily I came home to find his truck in the driveway. He was one of the last vehicles allowed to leave the city that day.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM   #35
Fast92RS
Power Member

I was sitting home when I was called into work. We gathered up and we sent a total of 12 guys right to the WTC. We were out there for 2 days before we were called back to rehab.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:53 PM   #36
BlackBADaSS02
13 Second Club

I was in 10th grade and I remember just before I started my 3rd period chemistry class, someone said that a plane hit the WTC. The rest of the day, all my classes just watched the news.

2002 Camaro SS, Onyx Black, M6, Bolt Ons.
2008 Pontiac G8, White Hot, 3.6l
BlackBADaSS02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 PM   #37
Teds89IROC

It was junior year and I was in the weightroom with a few friends during our gym class and the principal came over the loudspeaker announcing a plane struck the WTC, so we all stopped and said a prayer (Don Bosco Prep HS) we all thought it was a small plane and nothing serious. He then came back on and announced we were under attack. The whole school met up at the football field and were sent home. I got home and went with my dad to what I'm sure is the same hill that arock and kojak mentioned. Thinking back on it, we could have seen each other back then not knowing we would be friends now...crazy.
1998 Honda CBR 600F3
2003 Yamaha FX140

Last edited by Teds89IROC; 09-11-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Teds89IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #38
slugger27nj

I was coming up to the intersection of Boundary and Vanderburg Roads in Marlboro when the radio station broke in with the news. I got to work and we were all watching it on the tv in the CEO's office. Later that day, one of our CSR's found out that her husband was in one of the Towers for a meeting that morning and was missing. Unfortunately he was never found.

www.njboxerrescue.com
www.fassasfriendsboxerrescue.com
www.awarenessday.org
slugger27nj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #39
79T/A

I was sound asleep when the first plane hit. My mother called and woke me up, sobbing and crying, "We're under attack!" I ran into the living room in a panic, where my girlfriend (Now my wife) was watching Gameshow Network, completely oblivious about what I thought was the world coming to an end. I snatched the remote out of her hand and turned on any channel but GSN in time to see the second plane hit, and she immediately started sobbing.

It's kind of amusing now to think about her watching "The Match Game," blissfully unaware of the hell that was going on. But there's definitely nothing else even close to funny when I think about 9/11. God bless all who were lost, all of their loved ones left behind, and God bless the United States of America.
79T/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:45 PM   #40
ShitOnWheels

I was home (when I lived with my dad down in North Hanover) on the internet before a 10am class. Another message board had a topic about the WTC on fire, so I turned on the news, and watched the 2nd plane hit. I then drove to class listening to the radio. Went in the room next to where my class was to watch (they had the computer hooked up to the projection screen). Then went to class, where the prof had no idea what had happened. Class went on as usual (except for one student coming in and saying his father works in the WTC and he wouldn't be in class). Afterwards I got in my car to listen to the radio during my hour+ break before the next class and listened to the aftermath of the towers falling. Called work, they didn't need me since most of the kids got picked up, so I went home and was glued to the TV.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #41
CamaroGirlie

I wasa a freshman at Willy P. I was sleeping in my dorm room when my suitemate came in and told me to look out the window. I wasn't awake for the first plane, but I saw the second plane go through the towers, then later watched the towers fall. I lost a good friend that day in tower 2. The last thing she said to her husband, via voicemail, "our building has been hit, but don't worry I'm going to make it out."

R.I.P Jeanine Damiani-Jones 1972-2001
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #42
Predator86

I was in 8th grade..they called us all to our homerooms and then made an announcement via wall speakers.....actually my girlfriend at the time, her dad worked there but went on a business trip the same day the planes struck....infact he saw the towers get hit from the airport he was at...she begged him not to go but he went anyway thank god....she always felt guilty about that

8/26/07 Just reached 160K and running great!
1/15/09 Just reached 180K and still running great!

Last edited by Predator86; 09-12-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Predator86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 AM   #43
jims69camaro

i was working, selling computers, peripherals and software for microwarehouse. i had my computer setup to accept news flashes from msn and cnn. all of a sudden, my computer started going crazy with news flashes, and some people had gathered in the break room in front of the TV. they watched the TV, i watched the computer. i was still calling clients, but all we would talk about was what was happening in NY. about 10:30, they shut the shop down and sent everyone home. i guess the number of requests from parents with kids in school had overwhelmed mgmt, so they sent everyone home. i sat in front of the TV the rest of the day, wondering what was happening to our world and how someone could hate the US so much that they would kill innocent people. then my blood began to boil and i called the local recruiter to see what the cut-off age was. i was already too old. in the following days, i donated blood, water and canned food to the effort to clean up manhattan.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 AM   #44
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman01 View Post
i was in the office at 9:15 with cops cuz i destroyed a arab for cheering bout it
whoa, are you serious? he was cheering about what happened? i would've destroyed him, too. i was dying to run into anyone that thought the WTC disaster was a good thing...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:51 AM   #45
Untamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
whoa, are you serious? he was cheering about what happened? i would've destroyed him, too. i was dying to run into anyone that thought the WTC disaster was a good thing...
You must have missed the news casts in Patterson showing all the young people dancing in the streets, and the arab grandparents beating them over the head with brooms, shoving them back inside.

The FBI was all over Patterson for months afterward. Haven't heard a peep about it since....
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #46
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

The terrorists bought gas from a Getty station near me, which quickly changed ownership from middle eastern to American. Now it's "American Auto Care" or something like that...
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #47
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

They also ordered their airline tickets from the William Paterson library.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:25 PM   #48
enRo
13 Second Club

I was in class and they said that two planes hit the twin towers.... I didnt think much of it until they said a plane crashed into the pentagon and I said "oh sheiit"...

Heres the worst part about the day.

A girl that I went to school with was in class when she got a call from her dad, saying that his plane has been hijacked (PA crash), and that he loved her, and etc... she started crying and what does the teacher do? TAKES HER CELL PHONE AWAY. I honestly, wanted to punch that teacher in the mouth. Everyone in school lost all respect for him, and it sucks cuz I cant think of his name, damnit.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:32 PM   #49
trashman01
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
yup, they let me go cause the cop said i was temp insane never saw that kid again and the rest of the arab kids never even looked at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyKane View Post
A girl that I went to school with was in class when she got a call from her dad, saying that his plane has been hijacked (PA crash), and that he loved her, and etc... she started crying and what does the teacher do? TAKES HER CELL PHONE AWAY. I honestly, wanted to punch that teacher in the mouth. Everyone in school lost all respect for him, and it sucks cuz I cant think of his name, damnit.
i would dropped that teacher right there and then, school rules are null and void as soon as a emergency hits home, find out who and ill make sure i leave some room in the back of my garbage truck from him

next up - 3" lift, Gutted cat/retune/muffler

Past Toys:
1983 Trans AM, 1988 Trans AM, 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Off-Road, 1986 Camaro IROC, 1984 Chevy K10 lifted, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD
trashman01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge